A happy No Non Sense new year! - Huddersfield (H) 02/01/16

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Re: A happy No Non Sense new year! - Huddersfield (H) 02/01/

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:57 pm

Jugs wrote:We're worried (or at least I am - or was) about an exodus and seeing our best players leave in January, but if we're anchored to the bottom of the league and still churning out poor performances, what exactly are we going to miss? Performances just aren't getting better.
They can all go for me, every one of them.

We need a complete re build, new manager & complete new team, this squad will struggle in League 1

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:58 pm

Jugs wrote: You don't know that. We think this and that, and argue that this would be better than that, but it always turns out that everything and everyone is crap.

We're worried (or at least I am - or was) about an exodus and seeing our best players leave in January, but if we're anchored to the bottom of the league and still churning out poor performances, what exactly are we going to miss? Performances just aren't getting better.
We've had decent enough players to be better than we are. It is clear Lennon is completely unable to get the best out of this group,

But sadly it is too late now as our better players will be going most likely. And we've thrown away half a season with the incompetent dwarf in charge.

What makes me frustrated almost as much as that is that many of these players will go elsewhere and do very nicely for themselves indeed.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:17 pm

Feeney gets a lot of stick but he creates more for us than Wellington Silva ever will. Holding's performance confirmed that he still has a lot to learn but that he has enough about him to warrant a starting berth. Prince was decent but will probably always be the sort of defender who's brilliant one minute and then abysmal the next. Mark Davies was anonymous as per yet seems immune from criticism. Pratley is back to the Pratley of old. Vela worked hard but was up against. Clough was good in the few moments that we managed to get the ball to him and deserves to play for a better team. Madine was Madine.

Before today's game I still thought that we could put a run of results together and get out of this mess but it's just not going to happen. Never mind.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:19 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I know. It just strikes me as arbitrary. It's like if it hits the ref stood by the corner post on the noggin and goes in it's on target when clearly it wasn't.
Nope, that wouldn't count as a shot on target.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:28 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
We need a complete re build, new manager & complete new team, this squad will struggle in League 1
Do you really think it's that simple: That that's a current option? ? The way thing have panned we're lucky to have a team at all right now. I shouldn't think kicking either the players or the manager is any sort of answer at this moment in time. It's all a bit lousy for everybody at present, but getting out of the mess we're in won't happen by stone-chucking or pitching a ten penny piece down the wishing well. We just have to believe it will turn for us.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:30 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I know. It just strikes me as arbitrary. It's like if it hits the ref stood by the corner post on the noggin and goes in it's on target when clearly it wasn't.
Nope, that wouldn't count as a shot on target.
Ahhh ok. So if it's off target but goes in off the post it's on target, but if it goes in off anything else off target it's still off target?
If the off target target is a defender's bum that's off target by a couple of inches past the post is that on target too? or off??
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:31 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
Do you really think it's that simple: That that's a current option? ? The way thing have panned we're lucky to have a team at all right now. I shouldn't think kicking either the players or the manager is any sort of answer at this moment in time. It's all a bit lousy for everybody at present, but getting out of the mess we're in won't happen by stone-chucking or pitching a ten penny piece down the wishing well. We just have to believe it will turn for us.
The only way out is new owners who replace the manager and team. That is the only way out.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:41 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:If it hits the woodwork and goes in, it does count. If it hits the woodwork and doesn't, it doesn't.
I've been having this discussion/argument with a mate of mine over several years. I shall use your comment as support of my assertion. Good man. :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:44 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
Lucky to have this team ? - do me a favour, its a collection of 11 players who amble / stroll about a football pitch, imitating professional football players and look like they've never met each other before & never do a days training. Its the worst bunch of players since the early 80's - several members of this squad (including the captain) do not have the heart, fight or desire to get us out of this mess - it honestly wouldn't bother me one bit if any of them where sold this month.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:48 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:If it hits the woodwork and goes in, it does count. If it hits the woodwork and doesn't, it doesn't.
I've been having this discussion/argument with a mate of mine over several years. I shall use your comment as support of my assertion. Good man. :D
I don't see how it's even an argument. If you take everyone else off the pitch, if it would have gone in it's on target, if it wouldn't, it's off.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:06 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I don't see how it's even an argument. If you take everyone else off the pitch, if it would have gone in it's on target, if it wouldn't, it's off.
Exactly as I keep pointing out - if you hit the post and it goes out for a goal kick then it may as well have gone out off of the fecking corner flag!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:35 pm

A promising opening 15 minutes where they made Feeney look like a world beater. After that, they totally dominated and the biggest surprise was that they only won by 2. Utter dogshite!

So pleased that I rushed back from Essex for this one. The cherry on the cake was having to sit next to Bijou Bob. The short arsed c***! :wink:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:55 pm

Peter Thompson wrote: Lucky to have this team ? - do me a favour, its a collection of 11 players who amble / stroll about a football pitch, imitating professional football players and look like they've never met each other before & never do a days training. Its the worst bunch of players since the early 80's - several members of this squad (including the captain) do not have the heart, fight or desire to get us out of this mess - it honestly wouldn't bother me one bit if any of them where sold this month.
I share your frustration PT. They're a disorganised ragtag bunch right now with poor quality players aplenty and seemingly little input from the manager BUT no way are they not trying. Vela, Feeney and the back 4 were all bursting a gut out there today
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:27 pm

Harry, I'm not frustrated I'm past that stage - I've excepted our fate.

Its all about opinions, however I think that several players today looked half hearted & disinterested in the 2nd half and that includes Vela, who I personally thought had a poor game, perhaps he was trying but he wasn't very good. Others such as Pratley, Madine & M Davies were IMO just going through the motions 2nd half - if they are trying then they must be unfit compared to the opposition, because Huddersfield were cutting through us at will and were passing the ball around us for fun 2nd half all over the pitch and we were chasing shadows.

When they attacked they attacked at pace and in numbers, on the odd occasion we went forward our players ambled / strolled forward like they were running through treacle, there was no urgency or desire after that 1st 20 - 25 mins - now for me that's either poor attitude or lack of fitness. On another note our free kicks were like something from a school play ground.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:32 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: Well I will say this. A midfield of Medo and Spearing would be better than a midfield of Vela and Pratley. No doubt about it.
and there's me remembering the amount of stick a previous manager used to get for playing medo and spearing together! :-)

seems like a case of the person not playing or being picked suddenly being ace!
Last edited by thebish on Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:33 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I don't think it really IS an argument - not a real one, anyway...

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:35 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:A promising opening 15 minutes where they made Feeney look like a world beater. After that, they totally dominated and the biggest surprise was that they only won by 2. Utter dogshite!

So pleased that I rushed back from Essex for this one. The cherry on the cake was having to sit next to Bijou Bob. The short arsed c***! :wink:
You're welcome you scruffy, short arsed twunt. :D
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:36 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:Today is game two of our eight game unstoppable winning run.
2-0 to the Whites.
I'm already enjoying our winning streak, stretching back all the way to last year.

whereas I am desperately disappointed that we have lost absolutely every single game this year! :D

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:38 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: Well I will say this. A midfield of Medo and Spearing would be better than a midfield of Vela and Pratley. No doubt about it.
and there's me remembering the amount of stick a previous manager used to get for playing medo and spearing together! :-)

+1

Insano has a short memory,swear he use to slag Spearing off!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:46 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:
thebish wrote:

+1

Insano has a short memory,swear he use to slag Spearing off!
Spearing has been very poor for his price tag. But we had nothing in the centre of midfield today. Just empty space with Pratley chasing shadows.

Spearing at least is a ball winner in theory.

In the summer I said we needed a proper midfield player. But nobody arrived. It isn't a case of a short memory. We've not had a good or even competent midfield for a long time. Not since Muamba and Holden I'd wager. But we have to make the best of what we have and we aren't.

Vela is well short and Pratley looks like he has never played football before. Up against Huddersfield's extra man in midfield it was truly embarrassing. I get you haven't watched the abomination today but I can assure you that rarely have we made such an average side look like Barcelona.