Lennon out!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Lennon out!

Post by Hoboh » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:06 pm

I don't care that the 'we cannot afford to sack him' brigade will be out in force on this.
Nor have I any time for the 'he'll be a good manager given time' mob.

Good manager, then fcuk me I'm brilliant at nuclear physics!
Time to go.
Last edited by Hoboh on Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Lennon out!

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:13 pm

But we can't afford to sack him. :?
Businesswoman of the year.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:22 pm

Put heskey in charge. Most senior player, world cup star, PFA rep and England legend.
He's on telly at 4 as a guest at leicester Tottenham.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:42 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Put heskey in charge. Most senior player, world cup star, PFA rep and England legend.
If it came to it I'd give Jimmy Phillips the role before anyone else. Knows the young players we will need to be picking.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Put heskey in charge. Most senior player, world cup star, PFA rep and England legend.
If it came to it I'd give Jimmy Phillips the role before anyone else. Knows the young players we will need to be picking.
Me too, I was only joking.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:56 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:But we can't afford to sack him. :?
And he'll be a good manager given time. :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:23 pm

If Lennon had got us to within striking difference of promotion right now, would that have made a massive difference to our financial woes? It might be claimed that the gate and season ticket input would have made some difference, but the damage surely hasn't been done over a year? Getting a new manager won't actually change that much for a fair while (opinion) and although we can move on and go forward, Lennon wouldn't be the first in my queue for the tumbril. I'd be looking further up the admin ladder at the highly paid business failures who must have seen this coming.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:32 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:If Lennon had got us to within striking difference of promotion right now, would that have made a massive difference to our financial woes? It might be claimed that the gate and season ticket input would have made some difference, but the damage surely hasn't been done over a year? Getting a new manager won't actually change that much for a fair while (opinion) and although we can move on and go forward, Lennon wouldn't be the first in my queue for the tumbril. I'd be looking further up the admin ladder at the highly paid business failures who must have seen this coming.
He has wasted the last of the money on players he doesn't play.

He had an affair that dragged the club in an already difficult period further through the mud.

The results he's achieved even considering the circumstances are absolutely scandalous.

I think he is a significant part of the recent downfall. Were we higher in the league it might have persuaded a buyer more readily, or even persuaded Eddie to hang on a bit longer.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:12 pm

A higher league position probably would have made us more attractive you're right. A good manager, some investment and a fair wind makes promotion and future riches possible and worth a punt. Iles confirmed that at least one potential buyer had been put off by the league position. League 1 is only potentially one more year from the prem bug in reality it could be s generation. This lengthens the odds massively.
Lennon has been a disaster and done an appalling job.
Tango is right that those up the ladder are more to blame, but he's a lot more to answer for than his apologist mates in the media and 'those who know football' will claim when he's gone.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:18 pm

I've been saying for months get rid.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:23 pm

Put Billy the Fish in charge! :pissed:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:30 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Put Billy the Fish in charge! :pissed:
I thought he already was

Mike Bassett would do a better job than Lennon

tankcopters n aids
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by tankcopters n aids » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:38 pm

If we can't afford to sack him, send him to mismanage the reserves or u6's and get Phillips in for the 1st team job.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:47 pm

Is that 2 wins in the last 30 odd games for Lennon

Surely that must be the worst record in BWFC history ?, if not it must be bloody close !

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:50 pm

Has he resigned yet?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:16 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:Is that 2 wins in the last 30 odd games for Lennon

Surely that must be the worst record in BWFC history ?, if not it must be bloody close !
I don't know about that, PT, but let's consider this.

On 17 Jan 2015, we won at Sheffield Wednesday, our fourth win in six games (all comps). We went 14th, coincidentally our finishing position the previous season (and 10 places better than when Lennon had arrived three months earlier).

Although that win was followed by the false hope of an FA Cup draw at Anfield, in truth it was the end of a fine run at the start of Lennon's reign: Pld16 W9 D4 L3 (of which two losses were in his first four games - so including Anfield it was just one loss in 13 games thereafter).

Since that Hillsborough win, 360 days ago, we have played 46 league games (a full season) and four cup games, and this is our record.

Last season, all comps: Pld 22 W4 D7 L11
Last season, league only: Pld 20 W4 D6 L10
This season, all comps: Pld 28 W2 D12 L14
This season, league only: Pld 26 W2 D11 L13
Total, all comps: Pld 50 W6 D19 L25
Total, league only: Pld 46 W6 D17 L23

That equates to 35pts, which is a worse season-ending total than all bar two Championship teams in the past decade: Blackpool last season and Peterborough in 2010.

Since the Easter Monday win at Cardiff we've won 2 in 33 games (all comps), 2 in 31 (league).

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:28 pm

Even if you think there are no mitigating circumstances at all and he is pricisely as bad as his record would suggest, why sack him now?

Nobody will be enthused by Jiminho's capabilities to get us back up if he first has to preside over this mess for the next 20 games. Better to let Lennon take the flak then start afresh in May.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:33 pm

Tombwfc wrote:Even if you think there are no mitigating circumstances at all and he is pricisely as bad as his record would suggest, why sack him now?

Nobody will be enthused by Jiminho's capabilities to get us back up if he first has to preside over this mess for the next 20 games. Better to let Lennon take the flak then start afresh in May.
We need to start planning. Phillips knows the young players better than anyone.

However nobody is going to sack Lennon because the club ownership needs sorting first.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:36 pm

Not entirely sure its worth sacking him but certainly appointing someone else to give the team talks and the motivational speeches might be worthwhile. After all if we can't change anything financially then certainly applying change to something to aim for the positive is a better idea than remaining with the same tired formula.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:48 pm

Mar wrote:Not entirely sure its worth sacking him but certainly appointing someone else to give the team talks and the motivational speeches might be worthwhile.
Constructive dismissal, that, surely?

Guess it depends whether Lennon is the man wanted the new owners. If we get new owners...