The breaking News thread...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:43 pm

^^ Greenhalgh's. I've told you. I just hope they'll let me in !
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:49 pm

bobo the clown wrote:^^ Greenhalgh's. I've told you. I just hope they'll let me in !
I think the passing years might have made their hi-tech facial recognition security software redundant in your case! :wink:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:33 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
squares641 wrote:I am a bit confused or maybe stupid. I don't quite understand how the club can or maybe should be entering into a joint development project when we don't know who will own the club in the near future. Shouldn't any new owners make such decisions or at least be consulted on them. Does this imply a new owner has been agreed but not made public yet or that Eddie has now decided not to sell the club.

It just seems a bit strange to me. Sell off the land to raise some capital, yep I understand that even if it isn't the best long term solution. Enter into an agreement even though you don't really want to own the club anymore and you might be entering into something new owners will not agree with. Not sure how that works.

Just my thoughts

:conf:
I'm not sure at this stage we know who owns the car park and what the terms of that deal really were.

But we needed a cash injection and seemingly the car park was the best way to raise it.

End of the day if the club still owns the asset that will be beneficial only for any new owner.
Without the need to be Sherlock Holmes, all the facts have been put forth over the last month or so, the only missing piece of the jigsaw was the buyback clause.
We sold some land,X, to A.
We've bought X back after the court allowed us to.
We've obtained cash from B on the understanding that X will form part of a future development.
I suspect if the development doesn't go ahead then X will remain ours but we'll owe B £6 million plus Y.
I really cannot be arsed to go and point to all the posts and linked articles on here, but the trail is there and can be followed.
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:33 pm

thebish wrote:just spotted that a couple of days ago, Nixon tweeted the following:
Bolton. Tamraz 'move' being orchestrated by well known football figure who used to run a couple of clubs and has fingers in a lot of pies...
oooh - another name to be revealed...

who has run a couple of clubs and has pie-fingers?
Oh yea! And he once broke his leg in a Cup Final.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:36 pm

jonnycooper wrote:
thebish wrote:just spotted that a couple of days ago, Nixon tweeted the following:
Bolton. Tamraz 'move' being orchestrated by well known football figure who used to run a couple of clubs and has fingers in a lot of pies...
oooh - another name to be revealed...

who has run a couple of clubs and has pie-fingers?
Oh yea! And he once broke his leg in a Cup Final.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nobody who's broken their leg in a cup final is a member of #teamtampax. End of.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

ExiledViking
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ExiledViking » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:52 pm

If it was DW, He would definitely asset strip you to the bone, then use all the profits on 'Latics :D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:52 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
squares641 wrote:I am a bit confused or maybe stupid. I don't quite understand how the club can or maybe should be entering into a joint development project when we don't know who will own the club in the near future. Shouldn't any new owners make such decisions or at least be consulted on them. Does this imply a new owner has been agreed but not made public yet or that Eddie has now decided not to sell the club.

It just seems a bit strange to me. Sell off the land to raise some capital, yep I understand that even if it isn't the best long term solution. Enter into an agreement even though you don't really want to own the club anymore and you might be entering into something new owners will not agree with. Not sure how that works.

Just my thoughts

I'm not sure at this stage we know who owns the car park and what the terms of that deal really were.

But we needed a cash injection and seemingly the car park was the best way to raise it.

End of the day if the club still owns the asset that will be beneficial only for any new owner.
Without the need to be Sherlock Holmes, all the facts have been put forth over the last month or so, the only missing piece of the jigsaw was the buyback clause.
We've obtained cash from B on the understanding that X will form part of a future development.
I suspect if the development doesn't go ahead then X will remain ours but we'll owe B £6 million plus Y.
I really cannot be arsed to go and point to all the posts and linked articles on here, but the trail is there and can be followed.
We sold land to A. The same people we have supposedly now entered into an agreement with having bought back that land.

I think the big question is who is B, are they the same as A or different. And the question is what guarantees are there against that money.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:53 pm

ExiledViking wrote:If it was DW, He would definitely asset strip you to the bone, then use all the profits on 'Latics :D
And you'd still be tinpot.

ExiledViking
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ExiledViking » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
ExiledViking wrote:If it was DW, He would definitely asset strip you to the bone, then use all the profits on 'Latics :D
And you'd still be tinpot.
Got a good squad this season pal ...Wildschut, Power, Jacobs, and now Morsy and Colclough ...After the horrors of last season, this term has been a joy to watch :)

ExiledViking
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ExiledViking » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:00 pm

Tough old league is League 1 ...There's a lot of bloody good teams down here.
Refereeing is atrocious though, when we played Millwall at the DW earlier on in the season, and one of their defenders slipped over in his own box with no Wigan players within 10 yards of him, The ref gives a free kick for a foul ....I kid you not! lol :D

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Just my thoughts

We sold land to A. The same people we have supposedly now entered into an agreement with having bought back that land.

I think the big question is who is B, are they the same as A or different. And the question is what guarantees are there against that money.
Whether A and B are the same is irrelevant (I'm guessing they're different). The relevant fact is that although ultimately this may cost more than is presently realised, it releases ready cash now - lots of it.
My question is this... who's running down to the tax office tomorrow to hand over the readies?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:21 pm

If someone wants to hand the readies to me, I'll go....

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:26 pm

Terry Venables owned a couple of clubs didn't he?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

lionofvienna
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by lionofvienna » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:01 pm

Do we know EXACTLY which car park has been sold. I think there are four on the North side
We cant have sold (or done a deal0 on them all can we ?

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:56 pm

Still nowt to see here then?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:09 am

jonnycooper wrote:Still nowt to see here then?
In 48 hours.

Do you know nowt ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:10 am

No but we all say it had turned red and thought there was. :whack: :spank:

I'm just waiting for our billionaire to get gazumped by a ...... gazillionaire!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:13 am

LeverEnd wrote:

So long as he's not Trumped! :mrgreen:

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:39 am

Hoboh wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:

So long as he's not Trumped! :mrgreen:
Maybe Donald's a White! Quick,someone get on the blower.. :lol:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:40 am

Given his recent comments on immigration, Muslims, Mexicans... I think that's a given.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.