The breaking News thread...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:22 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Iles said how there was much more coming out of the club and communication had improved. However it's largely turned out to be b0ll0cks and made him look a mug, when in fact he's just doing his job.
Is he though?

I thought he was supposed to report real news not be a mouth piece for the club, it's not news just propaganda!

I just wish the nationals would show some real interest in the current predicament, then we might get some real news, I'm surprised they are not digging into Davies and Garside's business dealings, reckon that would make a juicy story.
Firstly, where is he supposed to get the news from if not the club?

Secondly there is one national reporter who has interest. He tweets about us all the time. And he also was one of the few who were warning of this coming for a considerable length of time.
Fell off my fcuking chair absolutely pissing myself, you mean you Mr Nixon?

I meant a proper reporter who understands business dealings, not a rumour monger!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:25 am

Well you can't have it both ways Hoboh, Iles isn't a Watergate type investigative journo or a tabloid muckraker.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:27 am

Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Iles said how there was much more coming out of the club and communication had improved. However it's largely turned out to be b0ll0cks and made him look a mug, when in fact he's just doing his job.
Is he though?

I thought he was supposed to report real news not be a mouth piece for the club, it's not news just propaganda!

I just wish the nationals would show some real interest in the current predicament, then we might get some real news, I'm surprised they are not digging into Davies and Garside's business dealings, reckon that would make a juicy story.

Secondly there is one national reporter who has interest. He tweets about us all the time. And he also was one of the few who were warning of this coming for a considerable length of time.

I meant a proper reporter who understands business dealings, not a rumour monger!
The stuff he's putting out is very accurate.

First to say we were selling the car park rather than players, also accurately the first to say that the Vela to Cardiff thing wasn't happening.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:28 am

Is it broken yet?. :conf: ....

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:29 am

LeverEnd wrote:Well you can't have it both ways Hoboh, Iles isn't a Watergate type investigative journo or a tabloid muckraker.
I'll take half his salary, phone up the PR department at the club and put together a report on any old twaddle they spin me!

An hour a day plus another in 10 min spells keep rejigging the propaganda, throw in a few free piss ups at the various meetings, I'm in!

Think I'll email the BN with my offer!
Last edited by Hoboh on Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:30 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Is he though?

The stuff he's putting out is very accurate.

First to say we were selling the car park rather than players, also accurately the first to say that the Vela to Cardiff thing wasn't happening.
Weren't he the first to say it was?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:33 am

Hoboh wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Well you can't have it both ways Hoboh, Iles isn't a Watergate type investigative journo or a tabloid muckraker.
I'll take half his salary, phone up the PR department at the club and put together a report on any old twaddle they spin me!

An hour a day plus another in 10 min spells keep rejigging the propaganda, throw in a few free piss ups at the various meetings, I'm in!

Think I'll email the BN with my offer!
I'm sure they'll be delighted!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:46 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Some staff within the club were told admin was imminent. Birch is clearly playing some games. And also the car park sale may not have been on the cards when the threat was made.

One thing that irritates me is that any news that comes out and then the situation changes, the reporter is apparently wrong. But sometimes, it is just that what they were told has changed due to things happening in the meantime.

Lets be fair, Iles went on record ahead of the 48 "deadline" to say the situation had changed, before he got official confirmation from the club that it was indeed the case.

The club and Birch are clearly playing games to try and force buyers to move quickly.
Agree with all this except there seems to be a disconnect in that first paragraph. Isn't it possible that staff were warned about admin, then we managed to sell the land instead?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:49 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Some staff within the club were told admin was imminent. Birch is clearly playing some games. And also the car park sale may not have been on the cards when the threat was made.

One thing that irritates me is that any news that comes out and then the situation changes, the reporter is apparently wrong. But sometimes, it is just that what they were told has changed due to things happening in the meantime.

Lets be fair, Iles went on record ahead of the 48 "deadline" to say the situation had changed, before he got official confirmation from the club that it was indeed the case.

The club and Birch are clearly playing games to try and force buyers to move quickly.
Agree with all this except there seems to be a disconnect in that first paragraph. Isn't it possible that staff were warned about admin, then we managed to sell the land instead?
That is what I'm saying. But there is also an element of games playing from what Iles is saying, the club wants the frighteners out there I think. Otherwise they'd not be putting the stories out there in quite this way,

It doesn't mean admin wasn't a possibility without the cash raising car park sale, but the club presumably knew on Monday there was a decent chance of raising the cash but wanted the doomsday message out there anyhow.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:54 am

thebish wrote:
is he though?

I've never quite worked out if his job is:

a) club mouthpiece - BWFCi said he could only report what the club told him - I'm sceptical about that
b) an actual independant journalist - where he might do some investigation of his own and maybe use sources other than the club PR dept.

:conf:
When we're talking about the state of the clubs finances, where else do you expect him to get information from if not from people who work for BWFC?

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:19 pm

Bolton Wanderers FC ‏@OfficialBWFC · 3 hrs3 hours ago
Join #BWFC for the biggest ride in football.

I think we're already being taken for a ride, thank you very much.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:55 pm

So we sold a car park...
Probably be the most profitable part of the whole organisation wouldn't it?
A tarmac field with minimal overhead - save for casual staff expenses and a license to print money for as long as there's footie played 4 times a month.

The more I think I know about this bollocks the less I actually do.. How the feck have we got here ?
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

palexjones
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palexjones » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:16 pm

norm the jedi wrote:So we sold a car park...
Probably be the most profitable part of the whole organisation wouldn't it?
A tarmac field with minimal overhead - save for casual staff expenses and a license to print money for as long as there's footie played 4 times a month.

The more I think I know about this bollocks the less I actually do.. How the feck have we got here ?
PG thinking he was nick leeson
I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different. KURT VONNEGUT (1922-2007)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:24 pm

And this sale price. £1 or whatever. How the bleeding feck can Eddie Davies possibly turn round to any potential buyer and ask for the running costs up front. I mean think about it, even if they haven't got it they are at the very least in the same fecking boat as Eddie, coz he hasn't either. Hence the monumental and ongoing debt.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

goffy7167
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by goffy7167 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:40 pm

Do we know who has bought the car park? Just a guess but if it is Orbit developments then it maybe good business, as it has been rumoured that they are part of the consortium. They maybe buying the club bit by bit as their money becomes available instead of making a large down payment!! As was said in an earlier post, it is good land to own, and if BWFC does go tits up then can then build more shops on it!!!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:47 pm

What's wrong with parking fxcking cars on it?
And if it's worth more developed - well why the fxck don't we develop it????
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:07 pm

goffy7167 wrote:Do we know who has bought the car park? Just a guess but if it is Orbit developments then it maybe good business, as it has been rumoured that they are part of the consortium. They maybe buying the club bit by bit as their money becomes available instead of making a large down payment!! As was said in an earlier post, it is good land to own, and if BWFC does go tits up then can then build more shops on it!!!
It's whoever owns Homebase. Nobody connected with buying the club. Iles answered it on Twitter.

goffy7167
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by goffy7167 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:15 pm

Aaahhh! Home retail group then.....strange, they are looking to sell off Homebase to some australian outfit!!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:22 pm

Homebase, like Argos and Habitat, is owned by the Home Retail Group. They (HRG) also own the rights to Alba, Bush and Chad Valley toys, an ABC which has made me altogether nostalgic.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:30 am

Well?

Administration?

Sale?

Liquidation?

Armageddon?