The breaking News thread...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Who are you and what have you done with BWFCi? What if ED's leave £15m in, was to prevent all the SS debt being secured against all the assets therefore not leaving all the claims to SS and their investors that they could flog the assets off to recoup? Based on him knowing that they only had £2.5m upfront and a £5m Wonga (as reported by various folks recently)...
I suspect it is there because ED wants a cut of a pie if the club is somehow miraculously turned around. Like an insurance policy for himself.
Knew BWFCi was still lurking under the surface. But you could conceive of the possibility that rather than hand over all the assets for a quid, having wiped the majority of the debt, that current owner could view the world from a point of view that says - "If all they're going to do is asset strip, then the position isn't improved for the football club and I could do that myself, thanks, given that I already own all the assets"?

Remember in all of this - when the reports of the sale came out in November and December - these were the dynamics reported
Mailonline 7 Dec wrote:Prospective buyers of Bolton Wanderers can have the struggling Championship club for just £15million. That is the amount fixed by owner Eddie Davies and Trevor Birch, the financial adviser recently installed to oversee the sale. But Davies insists the amount must be deposited in full before he allows a change of ownership
Given that the asking price is now £1 - I suspect because SS don't have £15m - then that's why some of the terms changed over time - but hardly "last minute stuff" given that the asking price was known in November...

I mean that's not beyond the realms of possibility now is it?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:52 pm

It sure doesn't look like any Mustafa Footballclub oil billionaires are involved.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:54 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Who are you and what have you done with BWFCi? What if ED's leave £15m in, was to prevent all the SS debt being secured against all the assets therefore not leaving all the claims to SS and their investors that they could flog the assets off to recoup? Based on him knowing that they only had £2.5m upfront and a £5m Wonga (as reported by various folks recently)...
I suspect it is there because ED wants a cut of a pie if the club is somehow miraculously turned around. Like an insurance policy for himself.
Knew BWFCi was still lurking under the surface. But you could conceive of the possibility that rather than hand over all the assets for a quid, having wiped the majority of the debt, that current owner could view the world from a point of view that says - "If all they're going to do is asset strip, then the position isn't improved for the football club and I could do that myself, thanks, given that I already own all the assets"?

Remember in all of this - when the reports of the sale came out in November and December - these were the dynamics reported
Mailonline 7 Dec wrote:Prospective buyers of Bolton Wanderers can have the struggling Championship club for just £15million. That is the amount fixed by owner Eddie Davies and Trevor Birch, the financial adviser recently installed to oversee the sale. But Davies insists the amount must be deposited in full before he allows a change of ownership
Given that the asking price is now £1 - I suspect because SS don't have £15m - then that's why some of the terms changed over time - but hardly "last minute stuff" given that the asking price was known in November...

But I think it was incorrectly reported. I think at the time he was asking for £15M put into an account in order to keep the club running, not as an upfront fee to himself.

It is like now the sale is reported at £7.5M when as you say actually it is a pound going to Davies.

I assume the amount SS need to get to the end of next season hasn't changed and is still £15M.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:56 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Knew BWFCi was still lurking under the surface. But you could conceive of the possibility that rather than hand over all the assets for a quid, having wiped the majority of the debt, that current owner could view the world from a point of view that says - "If all they're going to do is asset strip, then the position isn't improved for the football club and I could do that myself, thanks, given that I already own all the assets"?

You make it all sound so simple!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:16 pm

Worthy4England wrote:

That's off script man! The Insane one wouldn't say that at all. to start with you've failed to mention 'until the end of next season' - that qualifier (made up in his own mind) aaaaaaalways gets mentioned.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:17 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

But I think it was incorrectly reported. I think at the time he was asking for £15M put into an account in order to keep the club running, not as an upfront fee to himself.

It is like now the sale is reported at £7.5M when as you say actually it is a pound going to Davies.

I assume the amount SS need to get to the end of next season hasn't changed and is still £15M.
We're (You're) a bit in danger of selectively picking your news reports to suit again - and there was I, thinking we'd made progress...

Whether it be a transfer of money to ED or to be put into an Account to run the club with, the number was £15m. SS (nor as far as we know, any other bugger) has stumped up £15m. The SS bid looks thin at the moment from what has been reported - so given that they don't seem to have anything like £15m is it any surprise that the deal shape has changed?

The really worrying thing for me is that we were told (rumour mill and unsubstantiated reports) that the make up of SS's bid was £2.5m from Thames Valley Capital and £5m from some sorta Wonga. LOVS reporting that the bit that "moved" yesterday was the Thames Valley Capital bit - so the bit that wasn't actually Wonga...

If that were the case, the deal would look like - "Here's a quid for your £50m of assets, thanks for wiping the debt. We don't actually have any money to run the thing and it's leaking cash. We need to go into liquidation. Thanks for the £50m of assets."

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:47 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

We're (You're) a bit in danger of selectively picking your news reports to suit again - and there was I, thinking we'd made progress...

Whether it be a transfer of money to ED or to be put into an Account to run the club with, the number was £15m. SS (nor as far as we know, any other bugger) has stumped up £15m. The SS bid looks thin at the moment from what has been reported - so given that they don't seem to have anything like £15m is it any surprise that the deal shape has changed?

The really worrying thing for me is that we were told (rumour mill and unsubstantiated reports) that the make up of SS's bid was £2.5m from Thames Valley Capital and £5m from some sorta Wonga. LOVS reporting that the bit that "moved" yesterday was the Thames Valley Capital bit - so the bit that wasn't actually Wonga...

If that were the case, the deal would look like - "Here's a quid for your £50m of assets, thanks for wiping the debt. We don't actually have any money to run the thing and it's leaking cash. We need to go into liquidation. Thanks for the £50m of assets."
If the above really is the case Worthy, I wonder just why the hell Davies was even contemplating selling to them, let alone giving them preferred status?
It's a balls up which ever way you look at it?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:52 pm

We've no information to tell us whether anyone else was keen to buy - maybe it was last turkey in the shop?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:47 pm

Worthy4England wrote:We've no information to tell us whether anyone else was keen to buy - maybe it was last turkey in the shop?
Smart arse :mrgreen:

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:51 pm

I,ll double it and see you!! I,m willing to buy now (TODAY) for 2 quid!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:04 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:We've no information to tell us whether anyone else was keen to buy - maybe it was last turkey in the shop?
Smart arse :mrgreen:
Thought you'd appreciate that one. :D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:20 pm

Find it hard to believe that the FL would approve sports shield if they were loaning money at the rates rumoured.

Especially seeing as they seem determined to ensure that the club is viable in the long run. If they are genuinely going to these lengths would be ridiculous to allow such borrowing.

But then it is the FL....

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:23 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Find it hard to believe that the FL would approve sports shield if they were loaning money at the rates rumoured.

Especially seeing as they seem determined to ensure that the club is viable in the long run. If they are genuinely going to these lengths would be ridiculous to allow such borrowing.

But then it is the FL....
So, you're finding it hard to believe. But, you're not finding it hard to believe.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:58 pm

There is something the FL doesn't like. 'Special measures'?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:24 pm

I think I shall declare this thread a MASSIVE success! :oyea:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:39 pm

thebish wrote:I think I shall declare this thread a MASSIVE success! :oyea:
I'll let you know.

Just give me 48 hours.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:42 pm

officer_dibble wrote:There is something the FL doesn't like. 'Special measures'?

NOOOOOOOO!! It,s cos we,re a bit Special!! :lol:

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:46 pm

Does this constitute our worst start in history yet?

I couldn't help noticing the club website seems to be dissolving into a puddle too.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:55 pm

Enoch wrote:Does this constitute our worst start in history yet?
Lol
Businesswoman of the year.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:05 pm

Enoch wrote:Does this constitute our worst start in history yet?
A selection of worsts we might yet achieve (current season score in brackets):

Fewest home wins in a season: 4, 2011–12. (4)
Fewest away wins in a season: 0, 1949–50, 1979–80. (0)
Fewest wins in a season: 5, 1979–80. (4)
Most home draws in a season: 11, 1979–80. (10)
Most home goals conceded in a season: 39, 2011–12. (22)
Most away losses in a season: 18, 1984–85. (14)
Most away goals conceded in a season: 59, 1932–33. (39)
Most draws in a season: 17, 1991–92. (14)
Most losses in a season: 25, 1970–71, 1995–96. (19)
Most goals conceded in a season: 92, 1932–33. (62)