The breaking News thread...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by thebish » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:00 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Nixon says we are exploring ways of raising some cash via selling property. I assume that is either because Clough sale isn't going through or because they aren't as set on admin as quickly as Iles suggests.

it can't really be both - admin in (LESS THAN) 48hrs and also raising some cash from selling property!! can it??? :conf:

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:02 pm

Beeb reporting damager of Bristol saying BWFC have accepted £2Million for Clough 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:04 pm

Gravedigger wrote:Beeb reporting damager of Bristol saying BWFC have accepted £2Million for Clough 8)
If that's so they've taken advantage and held us to ransom.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:05 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Gravedigger wrote:Beeb reporting damager of Bristol saying BWFC have accepted £2Million for Clough 8)
Somebody has Tango. Perhaps the lad himself won't go. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:23 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
It's £2m down, rising to £3m if he's good. Has been since the weekend. They haven't dropped their bid, which is actually reasonably high given he's relatively unproven, relatively injury-prone and relatively weedy.

(Disclaimer: I love Zach. But if I were a Brizzle fan I'd be thinking we were being generous rather than opportunistic.)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:33 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
It's £2m down, rising to £3m if he's good. Has been since the weekend. They haven't dropped their bid, which is actually reasonably high given he's relatively unproven, relatively injury-prone and relatively weedy.

(Disclaimer: I love Zach. But if I were a Brizzle fan I'd be thinking we were being generous rather than opportunistic.)
I agree. He's hardly the Messiah. He shines out like a diamond in shit with our lot though.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:36 pm

But what's seriously upset me is that you posted this here. This is supposed to be Breaking News about the clubs perilous position, not nicking much needed postageings from the Transfer Thread :spank:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:40 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

I agree. He's hardly the Messiah. He shines out like a diamond in shit with our lot though.
If he was thought to be the Messiah then trust me, the figure on the table would be 10 times what they are offering. They know they would be getting a very talented player who will definitely help take them up the table if he accepts.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:43 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

If he was thought to be the Messiah then trust me, the figure on the table would be 10 times what they are offering. They know they are getting a very talented player, potential messiah, who will definitely help take them up the table if he accepts.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:45 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:What this thread needs is some actual 4ucking news

:lol:

Takes the attention away from your thread! :D
We're in a race to the bottom :D
Well that's one race that we're nailed on to win. :roll:

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:58 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:

Aye, but how do you feel about it as a Bolton fan?

I think it's ridiculously low, but what can you do. The lad clearly has talent, bags of potential, and a great eye for goal.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:59 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

If he was thought to be the Messiah then trust me, the figure on the table would be 10 times what they are offering. They know they would be getting a very talented player who will definitely help take them up the table if he accepts.
Even that's a bit strong. If you said maybe help take them up the table, then ok.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:01 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
realistically - how much are you reckoning we could reasonably have expected to make on Clough??

he has made a total of 20 appearances for a very poor championship club...

2mill plus up to a mill extra with add-ons is as good as we could have hoped for at this stage...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:04 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
But what's seriously upset me is that you posted this here. This is supposed to be Breaking News about the clubs perilous position, not nicking much needed postageings from the Transfer Thread :spank:

my thread clearly has charisma! :D

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:06 pm

Should have called it the breaking wind thread. I'm sure there'd be lots of contributions :D

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:06 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Should have called it the breaking wind thread. I'm sure there'd be lots of contributions :D
if the 48-hour-ers are to be believed - then this thread will be busyland central tomorrow! :D

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:15 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Should have called it the breaking wind thread. I'm sure there'd be lots of contributions :D

I just ate eggs.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:16 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:

I just ate eggs.
You're full of wind normally anyway :wink:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:18 pm

thebish wrote:
if the 48-hour-ers are to be believed - then this thread will be busyland central tomorrow! :D
Look, I am Panic-fanny-in-chief, and even I have always had us down as capitulating into voluntary Administration this coming weekend. So stop fanning fanny fan's fainting fits.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:18 pm

H. Pedersen wrote:

I just ate eggs.

that's a uniquely american expression... in films they often ask - "do you want eggs?" or "I'm making eggs" or summat similar... I can't imagine anyone in the UK ever saying, "I ate eggs." :D