The breaking News thread...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:57 am

Worthy4England wrote:The months of silence bit...hasn't that been years of silence, through the better times too? I don't recall Davies giving many interviews when we were doing well either. Gartside, a bit more forthcoming. But, really? Most businesses in trouble give weekly updates on the ins and outs to the press?

Be a bit realistic.
Most businesses don't have 'fans' though. Football is slightly different. His prerogative to not explain owt. But then also he can't complain if people form opinions based on the info that is out there.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:00 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Well yes, but why not maintain the silence now?
Maybe he has a bit more time on his hands. Clearly there's no love lost between him and BN. Let's surmise for a sec that Davies has seen things printed that he knows for a fact (coz he has the facts) that were/are clearly not true. I'm fairly sure he's not in the game of denying each at the point in time that a know nowt hack is speculating on to tease him out of cover.

He and we are now at the end of the take-over process, so he's given an interview...
I'm not sure there's any great mystery...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:02 pm

I've made no suggestion of mystery. Just he's wanting his cake and eating it by asking for a voice now.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:21 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:I've made no suggestion of mystery. Just he's wanting his cake and eating it by asking for a voice now.
Maybe people have made a lot more bollocks up just recently? Outside chance, like. :roll:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:30 pm

cake?? did someone say cake?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:34 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:The months of silence bit...hasn't that been years of silence, through the better times too? I don't recall Davies giving many interviews when we were doing well either. Gartside, a bit more forthcoming. But, really? Most businesses in trouble give weekly updates on the ins and outs to the press?

Be a bit realistic.
Most businesses don't have 'fans' though. Football is slightly different. His prerogative to not explain owt. But then also he can't complain if people form opinions based on the info that is out there.
Many businesses have shareholders. People with actual rights to know stuff. I suspect he's not really trying to prevent opinions, he just pointed out that they were based on zero information, as you've generously contributed on this thread on numerous occasions and adequately helped display. So no, probably can't complain about opinions. He could of course legally complain about slander & libel.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:35 pm

thebish wrote:cake?? did someone say cake?
You can fck off, n'all. Happy bastard. :D

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:08 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Be a bit realistic.
Many businesses have shareholders. People with actual rights to know stuff. I suspect he's not really trying to prevent opinions, he just pointed out that they were based on zero information, as you've generously contributed on this thread on numerous occasions and adequately helped display. So no, probably can't complain about opinions. He could of course legally complain about slander & libel.
This is football though. Imagine if Eddie had taken a different club to the brink. Say, West Ham. Things would be considerably worse for him in terms of the comments, anger and frustration.

He's had a fairly easy ride here considering the past few months. Elsewhere, even with the earlier success hed have been even more open to criticism.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:30 pm

Hey look there's a lynch mob down the road who hung a peadeatrican....Us just putting their windws in is ok then?

Look.

We were told we'd be left with £100's m debt. I don't believe we have.

We were told ED was going to push us into voluntary admin. He didn't.

We were told we'd be in compulsory admin. We're not.

We've had folks pissing and whinging about non-payment of HMRC. They're paid.

We were told no fck would buy us because we sold some assets. They have.

How much more wrong can you be, whilst hanging a peadiatrician?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:34 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
you could spell him wrong? :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:36 pm

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
you could spell him wrong? :wink:
Twice...you bugger off back to cake. :mrgreen: 8

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:39 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Hey look there's a lynch mob down the road who hung a peadeatrican....Us just putting their windws in is ok then?

Look.

Our new owners prevented admin.

Our new owners paid HMRC.

That is the facts that we have to hand. Sports shield and inner circle saved us. They cleaned up Eddie's mess.

That is thanks to them. Not Eddie Davies.

The only thing we know is that Eddie was preparing to put the business into admin rather than pay the tax bill.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
The only thing we know is that Eddie was preparing to put the business into admin rather than pay the tax bill.
to be fair (not that this is your prime purpose) - we don't actually know that... you have guessed/concluded/inferred that - but we don't "know" that.

you don't know (for instance) that he would have actually let it go that far had SS not completed
you don't know how much of it was just brinkmanship
you only know that moves were made to to prepare the ground for admin at the same time as last-minute negatiations were going on and we had court procedings - or at least - you/Iles/Nixon claim to know that.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:24 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Hey look there's a lynch mob down the road who hung a peadeatrican....Us just putting their windws in is ok then?

Look.

That is the facts that we have to hand. Sports shield and inner circle saved us. They cleaned up Eddie's mess.

We are no longer £176.1m in debt. Is that thanks to SS as well?

ED is no longer the Messiah but neither should he be considered the pariah.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:28 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
to be fair (not that this is your prime purpose) - we don't actually know that... you have guessed/concluded/inferred that - but we don't "know" that.

you don't know (for instance) that he would have actually let it go that far had SS not completed
you only know that moves were made to to prepare the ground for admin at the same time as last-minute negatiations were going on and we had court procedings - or at least - you/Iles/Nixon claim to know that.
We know it. Unless of course, Hilary lied to the judge in court.

If you are suggesting she was lying then that is quite a serious accusation.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:01 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Look.

You really take the biscuit. Our new owners didn't cough up the £15m or £18m asking price which could have paid both off. They didn't pay a £7.5m asking price. They paid a quid. Don't tell me you're too thick to work through an agreement that runs "I'll wave the asking price if you pay the outstanding stuff"...

Oh and we only have reports that Davies was going to put us into admin.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:03 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Could you point me at where Hillary said that? I genuinely missed it if she did...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:24 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Could you point me at where Hillary said that? I genuinely missed it if she did...
Was covered by those in court on Twitter. Court was told that ED had filed a notice of administration in case takeover fell through.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:25 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

What exactly did she say? I'll wager it was not what you claimed we know.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:30 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Was covered by those in court on Twitter. Court was told that ED had filed a notice of administration in case takeover fell through.
(Sigh) did you even read my post??