The breaking News thread...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:37 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:As a bit of an aside, I seem to remember around 25 years ago (give or take) some pimple-chinned youth supposedly riding to the rescue of the fiscally stricken Alsershot Town. He appeared on Wogan and the lot giving it the big one. Turned out he hadn't a Para's hat to piss into.
1990, so not far off bob-on with the vintage. Spencer Trewethy, 19-year-old "property developer". Bought 'em out of winding up for £200,000 but as you say he had nowt, and was out within three months. Four years after that he was in the big hoos, doing two years for fraud. By then though the club had gone bust and reformed as Aldershot Town (the original lot was plain old Aldershot FC). This version lasted 21 years before it went into admin with claims that the owner didn't have the money, five months after Dean Holdsworth had been sacked as manager, but this time the club was saved by another consortium and a decent deal with Chelsea over staging Development games.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:41 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:As a bit of an aside, I seem to remember around 25 years ago (give or take) some pimple-chinned youth supposedly riding to the rescue of the fiscally stricken Alsershot Town. He appeared on Wogan and the lot giving it the big one. Turned out he hadn't a Para's hat to piss into.
1990, so not far off bob-on with the vintage. Spencer Trewethy, 19-year-old "property developer". Bought 'em out of winding up for £200,000 but as you say he had nowt, and was out within three months. Four years after that he was in the big hoos, doing two years for fraud. By then though the club had gone bust and reformed as Aldershot Town (the original lot was plain old Aldershot FC). This version lasted 21 years before it went into admin with claims that the owner didn't have the money, five months after Dean Holdsworth had been sacked as manager, but this time the club was saved by another consortium and a decent deal with Chelsea over staging Development games.
Apparently young Spencer is now manager of Farnborough Town (changed name to Day by deed poll)

http://www.farnboroughfc.co.uk/players/spencer-day/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:22 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:Can't find anywhere that confirms how wealthy he is, or even posits a figure, tbh.
What, Worthy?! :shock:

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:19 am

Bugger it, let's live dangerously.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:11 am

I can confirm I will not be bidding for the club on Monday morning due another company still withholding funds, this maybe rectified on Tuesday all being well.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:34 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Marc Iles....
Roger Tamraz aka "Middle Eastern bid" been around for ages. Odd he chooses this point to launch a statement to the paper. Club puzzled #bwfc
As I suspected, someone doing a bit of showboating.

well done you for being right! (possibly)

so - you are suggesting we get on with it and sell top sports shield as there is no time left (admin beckons) - but also that we spend more time exploring the options and asking questions - and also you are backing team Tamraz...
In my view we go with whoever has put the best resourced bid down on the table. Get the due diligence started. It isn't like that signs us up to something. But get the process going, in my view.
A quote from Mr Iles latest column, to brighten up your day...
None of the three investment companies are coming to the table with ‘their own’ money. That carries its own issues.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:21 am

In a bizarre twist, Iles is tweeting today that Dean Holdsworth actually IS and always has been Roger Tamraz...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:48 am

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Marc Iles....
Roger Tamraz aka "Middle Eastern bid" been around for ages. Odd he chooses this point to launch a statement to the paper. Club puzzled #bwfc
As I suspected, someone doing a bit of showboating.

well done you for being right! (possibly)

so - you are suggesting we get on with it and sell top sports shield as there is no time left (admin beckons) - but also that we spend more time exploring the options and asking questions - and also you are backing team Tamraz...
In my view we go with whoever has put the best resourced bid down on the table. Get the due diligence started. It isn't like that signs us up to something. But get the process going, in my view.
A quote from Mr Iles latest column, to brighten up your day...
None of the three investment companies are coming to the table with ‘their own’ money. That carries its own issues.
We know it isn't sports shield's money. It is from investors including an Indian business man. But the money is down. Sports shield are an investment company. Their plan may well be risky, in fact, it is risky. But they've put money down and have big plans. The sticking point is that the investors won't care about the club, and if things go South there is a problem.

However, my argument remains, it depends if there is anything else with the same cash and a more viable plan. Eddie's financing plan has proven non viable in itself.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:52 am

what ARE their big plans?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:56 am

thebish wrote:what ARE their big plans?
I shouldn't say this because it is confidential. But, the main thing is extra tasty pasties......for everyone.....

My table just auto corrected pasties to pastors, which could equally be interesting....

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:59 am

It's getting to the point now where I'm starting to not give a shit! Every time this thread lights up red, the theme tune to the circus plays in my head!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:38 am

Your table is clearly one busy f*cker!

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:51 am

thebish wrote:In a bizarre twist, Iles is tweeting today that Dean Holdsworth actually IS and always has been Roger Tamraz...
Surely not! Doesn't even work as an anagram.. :conf:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:08 pm

Who are PBP LTD?

http://www.burndenaces.co.uk/2016/01/30 ... p-ltd.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Edit: something tells me they haven't paid the reported 20M for the land.

Also given Emerson group, (Middlebrook) were supposedly backing the Sports Shield bid is this why or because that deal is on the rocks?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:16 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: But the money is down.
If you were a trout, Fella, you'd be first on the bank.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:34 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Who are PBP LTD?

http://www.burndenaces.co.uk/2016/01/30 ... p-ltd.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also given Emerson group, (Middlebrook) were supposedly backing the Sports Shield bid is this why or because that deal is on the rocks?
Well - your mate Nixon and (I think) Iles both reckoned it was £20m. I guess they only tell rock-solid truth when it suits your viewpoint...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:50 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Who are PBP LTD?

Well - your mate Nixon and (I think) Iles both reckoned it was £20m. I guess they only tell rock-solid truth when it suits your viewpoint...
Perhaps it was. But I think both thought the car park was being sold elsewhere. That's why I'm asking.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:05 pm

If you're talking about the sale of the car park, Iles tweeted that he'd heard two figures: £20m and £6m. He checked with a senior club source who said it was closer to the latter.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:16 pm

£20 million for a car park? Where is this, Belgravia???
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:27 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:£20 million for a car park? Where is this, Belgravia???
Well, it's a car park at present...... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?