The breaking News thread...

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26135
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:37 pm

thebish wrote:
(Sigh) did you even read my post??
So you are in fact suggesting she lied to the court. Because the argument made was that the alternative to an adjournment was admin, and ED had already filed a notice.

And that they would prefer an adjournment because that would mean 350 jobs on the line etc etc...

Would you really argue that they went to court with that purely as a bluff for the court?

I mean I concede it is possible. But the balance of likelihood is weighing, incredibly heavily on my favour.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by thebish » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:43 pm

As I said - you don't KNOW what ED would have done had the SS deal fallen through - let alone that being the "only thing" we know. All you know is that it was an option that was prepared for. You do NOT know that Eddie would have put us in admin if it had come to it rather than pay the tax bill.

(And -no - I have not alleged anyone lied to the court.)
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23447
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:47 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
The only thing we know is that Eddie was preparing to put the business into admin rather than pay the tax bill.
to be fair (not that this is your prime purpose) - we don't actually know that... you have guessed/concluded/inferred that - but we don't "know" that.

you don't know (for instance) that he would have actually let it go that far had SS not completed
you don't know how much of it was just brinkmanship
you only know that moves were made to to prepare the ground for admin at the same time as last-minute negatiations were going on and we had court procedings - or at least - you/Iles/Nixon claim to know that.
We know it. Unless of course, Hilary lied to the judge in court.

If you are suggesting she was lying then that is quite a serious accusation.
Could you point me at where Hillary said that? I genuinely missed it if she did...
Was covered by those in court on Twitter. Court was told that ED had filed a notice of administration in case takeover fell through.
Lion of Vienna Suite ‏@LionOfViennaSte · Mar 7
Hearing that Eddie Davies wants to avoid admin as he won't get his £15million back. #BWFC
This one?
Lion of Vienna Suite ‏@LionOfViennaSte · Mar 7
#BWFC saying that admin would be disaster. 350+ jobs lost etc. We need extra time to stop that happening
. Or this one?

I'm a bit lost...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19597
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:49 am
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England
Contact:

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:51 pm

He wouldn't have. He would have lost more than the value of the tax bill by going into administration. The ONLY way he would was if he is THAT stoney broke that he simply couldn't. If that was the case then the claims that it was all wooden money is bllx.

Whatever he was claiming to be "preparing for" he would NOT have put us in administration.

I just don't see why this concept is difficult. Even to tin-foil hat wearers.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23447
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:55 pm

In fairness - found it
Lion of Vienna Suite ‏@LionOfViennaSte · Mar 7

Court just hearing that Eddie Davies has filed a notice of administration, essentially preparing for the worst. #BWFC
But ain't that just like having house insurance? You don't necessarily think you're going to get burgled, but it's there if you do...

Either way it's fairly semantic - coz it didn't happen.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2076
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:54 pm

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:59 pm

Eddie who....I've forgotten about him already

Same as I'll very shortly forget about the latest absolute wanker 'so called' players having a 'Spearing' type holiday jolly days after the 6-0 Bristol City drubbing - photo currently doing the rounds on twitter.

Feeney is excused as he's now elsewhere....

thebish
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 37588
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:01 am
Location: In my armchair

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by thebish » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:00 pm

Worthy4England wrote:In fairness - found it
Lion of Vienna Suite ‏@LionOfViennaSte · Mar 7

Court just hearing that Eddie Davies has filed a notice of administration, essentially preparing for the worst. #BWFC
But ain't that just like having house insurance? You don't necessarily think you're going to get burgled, but it's there if you do...

Either way it's fairly semantic - coz it didn't happen.
Aye - could be several things... What it is NOT is knowledge that ED would rather put us in admin than pay the tax bill.
Some people are like Slinkies … not really good for anything, but you can’t help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23447
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:02 pm

Anyhow - back to the point - you don't think that SS "rescued the Club" because they'd been flogged it for a quid as opposed to £15m (Club reported asking price) /£18m (Nixon reported asking price)...

Would it have worked better for you if they'd given ED the £15m and he'd paid the £3m (or whatever it was) HMRC bill? Thus ensuring we didn't have any admin?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26135
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:05 pm

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:In fairness - found it
Lion of Vienna Suite ‏@LionOfViennaSte · Mar 7

Court just hearing that Eddie Davies has filed a notice of administration, essentially preparing for the worst. #BWFC
But ain't that just like having house insurance? You don't necessarily think you're going to get burgled, but it's there if you do...

Either way it's fairly semantic - coz it didn't happen.
Aye - could be several things... What it is NOT is knowledge that ED would rather put us in admin than pay the tax bill.
I'd like to know the several things it could be?

If his plan was to pay the bill should an adjournment have not been awarded, why file the notice at all?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23447
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:05 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:Eddie who....I've forgotten about him already

Same as I'll very shortly forget about the latest absolute wanker 'so called' players having a 'Spearing' type holiday jolly days after the 6-0 Bristol City drubbing - photo currently doing the rounds on twitter.

Feeney is excused as he's now elsewhere....
You could save us the suspense and point us at it? :-)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26135
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:08 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Anyhow - back to the point - you don't think that SS "rescued the Club" because they'd been flogged it for a quid as opposed to £15m (Club reported asking price) /£18m (Nixon reported asking price)...

Would it have worked better for you if they'd given ED the £15m and he'd paid the £3m (or whatever it was) HMRC bill? Thus ensuring we didn't have any admin?
The club wasn't worth 18M quid. It was worth nothing. Only one buyer would buy it in the state it was in for a pound. The asking price was reduced because even at a pound it was not a very appealing prospect.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23447
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Anyhow - back to the point - you don't think that SS "rescued the Club" because they'd been flogged it for a quid as opposed to £15m (Club reported asking price) /£18m (Nixon reported asking price)...

Would it have worked better for you if they'd given ED the £15m and he'd paid the £3m (or whatever it was) HMRC bill? Thus ensuring we didn't have any admin?
The club wasn't worth 18M quid. It was worth nothing. Only one buyer would buy it in the state it was in for a pound. The asking price was reduced because even at a pound it was not a very appealing prospect.
So you don't think there's more than a few quids' worth of land assets?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 26135
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:16 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Anyhow - back to the point - you don't think that SS "rescued the Club" because they'd been flogged it for a quid as opposed to £15m (Club reported asking price) /£18m (Nixon reported asking price)...

Would it have worked better for you if they'd given ED the £15m and he'd paid the £3m (or whatever it was) HMRC bill? Thus ensuring we didn't have any admin?
The club wasn't worth 18M quid. It was worth nothing. Only one buyer would buy it in the state it was in for a pound. The asking price was reduced because even at a pound it was not a very appealing prospect.
So you don't think there's more than a few quids' worth of land assets?
It was on the market for 4 years according to Eddie. Only one bidder showed their money in that time. Again according to Eddie.

The business was worth what someone would pay for it.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23447
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:19 pm

I'm not talking about the business - I'm talking about the assets - they're not the same fcking thing. Davies wanted to see the business - he could have made a lot more from the assets - the same ones that SS now own most of...

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2076
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:54 pm

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:42 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:Eddie who....I've forgotten about him already

Same as I'll very shortly forget about the latest absolute wanker 'so called' players having a 'Spearing' type holiday jolly days after the 6-0 Bristol City drubbing - photo currently doing the rounds on twitter.

Feeney is excused as he's now elsewhere....
You could save us the suspense and point us at it? :-)
I struggle with links etc....but I'll try !!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CeaAQ4GWIAAPtpz.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23447
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:47 pm

That worked...In fairness, you probably don't have to train as hard to be shit in League 1...

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable
Posts: 573
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:58 pm
Location: The Gun Capital/The Pastie Capital
Contact:

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by Dr.Karl » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:11 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:Eddie who....I've forgotten about him already

Same as I'll very shortly forget about the latest absolute wanker 'so called' players having a 'Spearing' type holiday jolly days after the 6-0 Bristol City drubbing - photo currently doing the rounds on twitter.

Feeney is excused as he's now elsewhere....
You could save us the suspense and point us at it? :-)
I struggle with links etc....but I'll try !!

Image

fecking wankers, the lot of em.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 19597
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:49 am
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England
Contact:

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:16 pm

I get Feeney & Mavis. The other two are .... ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20094
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by Prufrock » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:05 am

That's washing machine on the far right isn't it? I'm stuck on the mon on the left.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23447
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: The breaking News thread...

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:45 am

One on the left, have we finally found Medo?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 28 guests