If you bought whatever is left of the club what would you do

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

If you bought whatever is left of the club what would you do

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:37 pm

Any future?
What would you do/expect?
Where would you be happy for your new found investment to be over, say, the next five years?
Thoughts?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: If you bought whatever is left of the club what would yo

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:38 pm

I'd play myself up front
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:46 pm

After reading that City are preparing to offer Lionel Messi £800,000 a week wages to come and play for them and looking at where we are right now, buying a football club is the very last thing I'd do.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:49 pm

I'd only buy it if I had literally hundreds of millions that mattered not a jot to me if I lost.

Which is unlikely.

I think I'd only want to own the club if I could propel it to the stars (and not crash land at the end), I'd have little interest in ticking it along.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:56 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:I think I'd only want to own the club if I could propel it to the stars (and not crash land at the end), I'd have little interest in ticking it along.
Fascinating, that. I assume you'd be more media-friendly than publicity-shy? More Massimo Cellino or Milan Mandaric than Eddie Davies or Marcus Evans?

It's a psychologically interesting thing. Owning a club doesn't have to be about fame or overreaching ambition. There's a certain pleasure in living within your means, as a person or a company. Essentially you're saying it would become your plaything.

For the record, I wouldn't be interested at all, either reaching for the stars or floating in the gutter.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:59 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:I think I'd only want to own the club if I could propel it to the stars (and not crash land at the end), I'd have little interest in ticking it along.
Fascinating, that. I assume you'd be more media-friendly than publicity-shy? More Massimo Cellino or Milan Mandaric than Eddie Davies or Marcus Evans?

It's a psychologically interesting thing. Owning a club doesn't have to be about fame or overreaching ambition. There's a certain pleasure in living within your means, as a person or a company. Essentially you're saying it would become your plaything.

For the record, I wouldn't be interested at all, either reaching for the stars or floating in the gutter.
No I'd want no publicity at all. I'd not want people to know I owned it really, obviously unrealistic.

But I'd want to be able to achieve things that hadn't been done before. Not for personal glory, but so I could enjoy them as a fan from my normal seat. That is the only basis I'd enjoy doing it on and the only club I'd even consider buying (if I was ever mega rich) would be Bolton Wanderers.

As a Bolton fan I look at Man City with a fairly jealous eye. Once a club that were below us in the league, sometimes a league below us. Always in the shadow of their city neighbours, a club for whom it seemed premiership survival a huge sucess mostly. And sometimes didn't achieve that. And spent a year in league one.

Suddenly they are propelled in a short period to one of the best clubs in Europe signing players their long time fans must have only dreamed of.

Imagine that ride.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:14 pm

I'd rename the stadium, something with a nice ring to it. Oh I don't know..... The Enoch Arena?

I'd surround the place with statues, certainly one of Roy Hartle, one of Eddie Davies, maybe a Michael Jackson or two and one of Insano, as a thank you for all the giggles.

I like the idea of boris up front, someone to run onto the 40 yarders I was threading through.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:26 pm

I'd flog the place and build some new retail outlets.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:32 pm

I'd clean the f*cking floodlight columns. They're a disgrace.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:16 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:

No I'd want no publicity at all. I'd not want people to know I owned it really, obviously unrealistic.

But I'd want to be able to achieve things that hadn't been done before. Not for personal glory, but so I could enjoy them as a fan from my normal seat. That is the only basis I'd enjoy doing it on and the only club I'd even consider buying (if I was ever mega rich) would be Bolton Wanderers.

As a Bolton fan I look at Man City with a fairly jealous eye. Once a club that were below us in the league, sometimes a league below us. Always in the shadow of their city neighbours, a club for whom it seemed premiership survival a huge sucess mostly. And sometimes didn't achieve that. And spent a year in league one.

Suddenly they are propelled in a short period to one of the best clubs in Europe signing players their long time fans must have only dreamed of.

Imagine that ride.
I don't have to imagine it. Every Tuesday night in the Temple, a Citeh fan comes for pie night and usually sits one table away from where I sit, so I can hear his jabber. Guess what, he mostly moans about shit. Mostly about his own team. It's what football fans are good at.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:57 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:I'd clean the f*cking floodlight columns. They're a disgrace.
Slices though the bullshit and gets right to nub of it!

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:16 pm

I'd re-sign Oscar Perez. Never got a fair shot.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:18 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:I'd clean the f*cking floodlight columns. They're a disgrace.
Slices though the bullshit and gets right to nub of it!

I didn't come to play.........

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:22 pm

boltonboris wrote:I'd play with myself up front
:shock: