Sacrifice

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who would you want off the wage bill?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:03 am

Amos
2%
Moxey
1%
Dervite
9%
Vela
1%
Feeney
2%
Spearing
9%
Clough
0%
Clayton
1%
Madine
4%
Derik
4%
MDavies
5%
Trotter
4%
Danns
5%
Heskey
8%
Casado
6%
Pratley
3%
Dobbie
10%
Pisano
8%
Twardzik
11%
Wheater
5%

Total votes: 297

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Sacrifice

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:55 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:After hearing positive things about him against MK Dons, let's hope it's something more than a flash in the pan.
Didn't he also receive good reviews against Eastleigh (I know, but) and even in the defeats at Forest and Wednesday?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:05 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
throwawayboltonian wrote:After hearing positive things about him against MK Dons, let's hope it's something more than a flash in the pan.
Didn't he also receive good reviews against Eastleigh (I know, but) and even in the defeats at Forest and Wednesday?
... and Charlton 13/14...

:wink:

See I don't get all the hate Dervite vibe, he's certainly not the worst centre half on our books.

But then I always thought Trotter had something to offer, so what do I know!

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:10 pm

I must be feeling generous or particularly stupid today but I've only binned off 5: Dervite, Danns, Heskey, Dobbie and Twardzik. Sure our hand will be forced for a few of the others anyway (and contracts expiring).

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:24 pm

Enoch wrote: See I don't get all the hate Dervite vibe, he's certainly not the worst centre half on our books.
A couple of shortish runs aside, he's been somewhere between poor and appalling. He's certainly not been on his own in that, but I'd rather he wasn't playing. He's probably in what I call the tier 2 of wage earners. Not silly money, but at the top end of what we should be playing our top players. I'd rather save the money and try Holding/Derik there. We could even play one of our right backs at right back :|

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:34 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:A couple of shortish runs aside, he's been somewhere between poor and appalling.
Who told you that?!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:48 pm

Enoch wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:A couple of shortish runs aside, he's been somewhere between poor and appalling.
Who told you that?!
Between what I've seen (via streams/highlights) and the general comments on his performances lead me to believe he's been crap for a decent proportion of his games. Recently he's been at fault for quite a few goals conceded.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:09 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Who told you that?!
Between what I've seen (via streams/highlights) and the general comments on his performances lead me to believe he's been crap for a decent proportion of his games. Recently he's been at fault for quite a few goals conceded.
I see it as he's been poor at times, in a poor team and is even less fashionable than some of the other fellas he lines up with.

I've seen comments on here blaming him for goals when he was no more at fault that me.

He may be someone Holding fits well with, I wouldn't rush to throw him out.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:30 pm

I'm presuming Dervite, Dobbin, and Tardis are getting heaved because folk think they're crap, whilst Spearmint is going because he's expensive. On that basis I'm surprised Amos isn't getting more votes: unoutstanding and extremely expensive.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:50 pm

Enoch wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Who told you that?!
I see it as he's been poor at times, in a poor team and is even less fashionable than some of the other fellas he lines up with.

I've seen comments on here blaming him for goals when he was no more at fault that me.

He may be someone Holding fits well with, I wouldn't rush to throw him out.
We've all see different things. I've seen very little from him to suggest he can consistently perform to what I think a senior member of our team should.

Spotty - I voted for Amos. I think he's good enough, but we can't afford his reported wages. Hope does seem to let quite a few long rangers in for me too.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:52 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:I'm presuming Dervite, Dobbin, and Tardis are getting heaved because folk think they're crap, whilst Spearmint is going because he's expensive. On that basis I'm surprised Amos isn't getting more votes: unoutstanding and extremely expensive.
I voted Amos. He's got worse as the season's gone on.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:22 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
twilight wrote:I picked Dervite as well as 7 others. I would have picked a few more, but as we can't replace them decided would try and keep them, (these being Danns, Feeney, Amos) only because of wages? and errrm I decided I would keep Trotter
One swallow and all that.
I've been counting Bobo and he's had 3 good games, and in 2 of them for me he's been up there for MOM. I know that seems nothing but I think he has improved us.
(You can make me eat my words if he goes back to his normal self, but I'm giving him the benefit of doubt)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:24 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Hope does seem to let quite a few long rangers in for me too.
Doesn't it just? :D

bwfcnottingham
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by bwfcnottingham » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:17 pm

Spearing , Danns, Dobbie and Wheater

Wheater out first. great for blocks and heading . Put him against any forward who can run faster than him (and that is probably all the forwards in the championship) and oh dear !!!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:30 pm

Who's voted Clough out? What possible reason can you have for that???
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:24 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Who's voted Clough out? What possible reason can you have for that???
Nobody, as far as I can see Spots? Clayton has one vote, but Clough nil?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:26 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Who's voted Clough out? What possible reason can you have for that???
Nobody, as far as I can see Spots? Clayton has one vote, but Clough nil?
Clough has one vote...but 0% of the total...probably due to rounding..

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:50 pm

The poll is frustrating as it gives the % of the total votes each player has got rather than the % of voters who voted for each person.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:56 pm

Yeah, it's a shit poll. barnet out!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:02 am

I imagine Twatdick's no of voted is a pretty good indication of how many voted, mind. Anyway, I haven't read the whole thread, is this where I tick a box to say Pratley is shit?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:04 am

Prufrock wrote:I imagine Twatdick's no of voted is a pretty good indication of how many voted, mind. Anyway, I haven't read the whole thread, is this where I tick a box to say Pratley is shit?
Now why would a nice lad like you tick a box to declare a fellow human being, shit? :wink: