Sports Shield - New Owners (Probably)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Sports Shield - New Owners (Probably)

Post by StaffsTrotter » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:16 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
StaffsTrotter wrote:well - bwfc isane Deano delivered to your brief - said feck all - wouldnt say what monies would be available, nor whether lennon would be retained; just basically that they'd shown enough money to cover this and next season.
The questions were stupid. He's not going to say how much money they have under any circumstances.

And until the takeover is complete how can he answer questions about a managerial position? Clearly he was irritated by the questioning.

They have shown the money to keep us going this year and next. Which for now is good enough. Seeing as nobody else managed that.
I dont have a downer on him - just a case of wait and see, but he had the opportunity to say something along the lines of - first priority is retaining the championship status and then invest in the coming seasons to challenge toward the top end of the table. didnt have to overpromise or as you say quote figures just set a tone for the future. from what he said it seemed more about survival.

Given the naive demands of openness from many, he did me chuckle when he answered the qu about finances, by saying we are private business and he wasnt going to answer that.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:26 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Sports Shield - my considered opinion: I forsee hard times ahead as all the assets get mortgaged and the reality of how much it costs to run a football club hits them hard in their venture capitalist funded cajones, but at least they'll move a lot of the focus away from that clique of deluded, narcissistic, preening knobheads who masqueraded under the illusion of fan power who can now properly concentrate on signing up a membership and organising proper democratic elections.
Let me revisit this post now I'm in full sackcloth, ashes and flagellation mode.
Forgetting about the ST, as I'm pretty sure they soon will be. It's all doom and gloom. I predict in three or four years time we'll look back on this, yea even the Coyle-Freedman age, as a Golden Era burnished in our memories (those of us still left alive). At the moment me, Job and Ecclesiastes are all on the same page...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:29 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:
StaffsTrotter wrote: I dont have a downer on him - just a case of wait and see, but he had the opportunity to say something along the lines of - first priority is retaining the championship status and then invest in the coming seasons to challenge toward the top end of the table. didnt have to overpromise or as you say quote figures just set a tone for the future. from what he said it seemed more about survival.

Given the naive demands of openness from many, he did me chuckle when he answered the qu about finances, by saying we are private business and he wasnt going to answer that.
I really hope that this is the case, and out of all of the offers on the table I think that SSC are the best option of the 3 from what little has been said. I can do without making marquee signings (how many of them paid off for us at higher levels?) but if we can at least stabilise ourselves now, and invest in our youth facilities (assuming they weren't at Euxton with our first team set up) given that we're producing the likes of Clough, Holding, and Vela who look pretty good for this level then I'll be happy.
He had the opportunity to say that. He didn't avail himself of that opportunity.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:31 pm

Holdsworth said they want to get the club out of the embargo and add a few loans to the squad as soon as possible on radio Manchester.

Said he wanted to ensure everything was done to give the club a chance of staying up.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:35 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Holdsworth said they want to get the club out of the embargo and add a few loans to the squad as soon as possible on radio Manchester.

Said he wanted to ensure everything was done to give the club a chance of staying up.
good - positive noises.

anything else insano ? - cant pick up down here

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:39 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Holdsworth said they want to get the club out of the embargo and add a few loans to the squad as soon as possible on radio Manchester.

good - positive noises.

Not really. Explained the structure. Sports shield have investors as clients. They then invest for them. Holdsworth cannot say who is investing in Bolton as he's under an NDA.

Talked a lot about his football experience and how he wants to be a hands on chairman on the football side. He wants all the stats about performances and recruitment and will work with the manager. Sounds like he isn't very impressed with results or performances here. Wouldn't be drawn on Lennon's future.

Wouldn't be drawn to discuss how he felt the club had been run previously.

Basically what you'd expect.

Jack Dearden said he hope that Holdsworth would be the total opposite of the previous regime and be open and said so far the problem was shutting Holdsworth up rather than getting him to talk....

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:44 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
StaffsTrotter wrote:

good - positive noises.

Not really. Explained the structure. Sports shield have investors as clients. They then invest for them. Holdsworth cannot say who is investing in Bolton as he's under an NDA.

Talked a lot about his football experience and how he wants to be a hands on chairman on the football side. He wants all the stats about performances and recruitment and will work with the manager. Sounds like he isn't very impressed with results or performances here. Wouldn't be drawn on Lennon's future.

Jack Dearden said he hope that Holdsworth would be the total opposite of the previous regime and be open and said so far the problem was shutting Holdsworth up rather than getting him to talk....
Ta. Not sure I want a chairman interfering. Wonder how many managers would put up with that.
Interesting from Dearden - sounds like all the local journos have had their noses put out recently.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:47 pm

Since 1997, Bruce has been Honorary Treasurer for the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association
On Bruce Gordon....So that's Madine getting a bonus...perfect fit.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:53 pm

A-ha......

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:54 pm

StaffsTrotter wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
StaffsTrotter wrote:

good - positive noises.

Ta. Not sure I want a chairman interfering. Wonder how many managers would put up with that.
Interesting from Dearden - sounds like all the local journos have had their noses put out recently.
Yep, hands on thing rings alarm bells. I think really he was trying to say he's a football man and has business experience but is here because he loves football and wants to help the club .

I think he is going to be a bit different.

Having said that we lack leadership from top to bottom so someone is needed.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:13 pm

When Holdsworth was asked to name those who are involved, he refused and just said that they were private clients who didn't want to be named. When pressed on it, he got a bit snappy and just said that they wouldn't have got past Eddie if they didn't have excellent credentials.

That has to be a bit of a worry, doesn't it?
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:20 pm

Nicko58 wrote:When Holdsworth was asked to name those who are involved, he refused and just said that they were private clients who didn't want to be named. When pressed on it, he got a bit snappy and just said that they wouldn't have got past Eddie if they didn't have excellent credentials.

He said they signed a non disclosure agreement which is the model of their investment business.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:22 pm

Nicko58 wrote:When Holdsworth was asked to name those who are involved, he refused and just said that they were private clients who didn't want to be named. When pressed on it, he got a bit snappy and just said that they wouldn't have got past Eddie if they didn't have excellent credentials.

Well yes.
As is universally accepted, that Sports Shield has been in the race the longest, it begs the fxcking obvious question as to why it took so long for them to be acceptable.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:29 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Well yes.
As is universally accepted, that Sports Shield has been in the race the longest, it begs the fxcking obvious question as to why it took so long for them to be acceptable.
Entirely because ED was on his jollies. Nowt else. Honest guv. Not like there's much to do in a negotiation. Hardly worth employing a team to work on it.

I guess the fact that they're not disclosed to us (under NDA) doesn't mean they weren't disclosed to the Owners' team under a similar arrangement,

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:31 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Well yes.
Entirely because ED was on his jollies. Nowt else. Honest guv. Not like there's much to do in a negotiation. Hardly worth employing a team to work on it.

I guess the fact that they're not disclosed to us (under NDA) doesn't mean they weren't disclosed to the Owners' team under a similar arrangement,
Eddie knows who they are, as Holdsworth said that.

The football league will also have to know who they are.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:38 pm

Also there is a long list of investors. Not one or two blokes. So suspect the main players financially will become apparent over time.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Also there is a long list of investors. Not one or two blokes. So suspect the main players financially will become apparent over time.
Where'd that bit come from?

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:48 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Where'd that bit come from?
Enoch wrote:Just on a side note, with all the "assurances" now submitted to the court about future funding etc, I'm f*cking glad I haven't got any cash invested with Thames Valley Capital Limited!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Also there is a long list of investors. Not one or two blokes. So suspect the main players financially will become apparent over time.
so - does one of them own 50%?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:57 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Where'd that bit come from?
Holdsworth said in the radio 'there are quite a few' iirc.