Sports Shield - New Owners (Probably)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Sports Shield - New Owners (Probably)

Post by jonnycooper » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:55 pm

So are we saying the mentally challenged one is hoboh? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:59 pm

Insane. Regardless of paying the tax bill the judge may well have found in favour of hmrc and wound us up anyway. A plan for the future funding of the club was needed. Paying the tax bill was not enough.

As for the transfer ban. We couldn't afford to sign anyone anyway, regardless of lennon or no lennon.

I don't give a shit what the supposed deal is. It makes no difference, either SS can afford it or not. They seem to think they can, so what's the problem? Chill, you're just winding yourself up and going to make yourself I'll.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:05 pm

1) If SS have signed a deal they can't afford (which BWFC_Insane is suggesting) - then they are stupid and we'd be stupid to have any confidence that they won't sign future deals they can't afford and land us back in the same position - and anyone who suggested we should leap into bed quick with them was stupid.

2) alternatively - maybe they haven't, and this is just the death-throes of the panic-fannies looking for one last glorious panic - and it'll be reet.

(2) is the right answer)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:10 pm

thebish wrote:1) If SS have signed a deal they can't afford (which BWFC_Insane is suggesting) - then they are stupid and we'd be stupid to have any confidence that they won't sign future deals they can't afford and land us back in the same position - and anyone who suggested we should leap into bed quick with them was stupid.

2) alternatively - maybe they haven't, and this is just the death-throes of the panic-fannies looking for one last glorious panic - and it'll be reet.

(2) is the right answer)
You can leave the Panic Fannies right out of this mister. This here carping/fannying/talkingbolloxwhilepretendingtoknowinsidedetails malarkey is a one man band.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:57 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote: This ^ doesn't say what you are saying. This has nothing to do with 2017. Note Bene the remark about MAXIMUM 6 monthly figures. From March...
It does. You need to update the forecasts every sixth months. But the forecasting period is actually defined a line or two above that.

Hence the line you seem to have missed. You need to project from your last accounts to the next accounting date at the end of next season. In other words, you have to demonstrate funding till the end of the next season.
from the date to which those interim accounts were prepared and expiring on the next accounting reference date after the end of the following Season.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:32 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Given that the ban can be lifted and lennon can be fired once the sale goes through what's the problem? Unless you're suggesting Eddie should have handed over a manager less club with an outstanding payoff owed.

No point paying the tax bill when hmrc are trying to wind you up regardless of payment.

Calm down, the world might not seem so black then.
The problem is it now condemns us to league one football which means a reduction in income for new owners of around £5M. Had the constant changing of the terms been avoided this could have happened weeks if not months ago. The up front costs to sports shield could have been reduced if the tax was paid allowing potentially for investment in the team too.

Sports shield are being asked to not only pay for Eddie's mess but then to give him a cut of anything they manage to make in the future. It really does stink. And who knows if his increased demands may tip the finances over the edge for sports shield in the eyes of the FL, jeopardising the whole deal?

No point paying the tax bill? I really have heard it all now. Truly have.
They don't have to do anything. They seem to have got a deal they're happy with. He's sold up for less than he wanted to. By your mode of taking everyone at face value he's an angel.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:56 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Someone seriously needs to restart their medication, I think...this is getting Hobohesque. Has anyone ever seem them together - like at the same time?
You get worse!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote: This ^ doesn't say what you are saying. This has nothing to do with 2017. Note Bene the remark about MAXIMUM 6 monthly figures. From March...
It does. You need to update the forecasts every sixth months. But the forecasting period is actually defined a line or two above that.

Hence the line you seem to have missed. You need to project from your last accounts to the next accounting date at the end of next season. In other words, you have to demonstrate funding till the end of the next season.
from the date to which those interim accounts were prepared and expiring on the next accounting reference date after the end of the following Season.
Those are limits. The latest each season you can submit accounts are March. Interim accounts can only go up to the end of the next season.
I just don't see 2017 in there. It's on about now, and to the end of this season, not next year.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:17 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Those are limits. The latest each season you can submit accounts are March. Interim accounts can only go up to the end of the next season.
I just don't see 2017 in there. It's on about now, and to the end of this season, not next year.
Read the whole paragraph again. You have to forecast forward from your last account to the accounting period and I quote 'after the end of the following season'.

Not sure how much plainer that can be. Forecast your financial position from now till the end of the following season. Update it every six months. Submit it by March 31st annually or when a new owner wants to buy the club....

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:29 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Read the whole paragraph again. You have to forecast forward from your last account to the accounting period and I quote 'after the end of the following season'.

Not sure how much plainer that can be. Forecast your financial position from now till the end of the following season. Update it every six months. Submit it by March 31st annually or when a new owner wants to buy the club....
I have read it. That's an interim forecast for next season. That's not asking for the proof you stated. No proof required, just an interim statement. You were bigging it up, it is not a major hurdle that hasn't been met. Any fxcker can make up interim forecasts... you don't need to lodge mountains of cash or anything, you just sort of say, by the end of trading 2017 season we'll be oodles in profit we think...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:47 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:No point paying the tax bill? I really have heard it all now. Truly have.
Hang on, you're the one who's been asserting that we're not even going to pay the fooking tax bill. :?
Businesswoman of the year.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:24 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I have read it. That's an interim forecast for next season. That's not asking for the proof you stated. No proof required, just an interim statement. You were bigging it up, it is not a major hurdle that hasn't been met. Any fxcker can make up interim forecasts... you don't need to lodge mountains of cash or anything, you just sort of say, by the end of trading 2017 season we'll be oodles in profit we think...
The proof bit is the final paragraph I pasted. The league can ask for proof that a new owner can meet their financial forecasts which must span till the end of next season.

This is what is happening. It really is quite simple and in black and white.

It is a fact that is what they have been asked to do. And the regulations behind have been shown and are very clear. The league needs a forecast till the accounting period at the end of next season. They can in the case of new owners ask them to appear at a meeting to provide proof of this. That is what has happened.

The end.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:37 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: The end.

if only!!!! :D

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:55 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: The end.

if only!!!! :D
I know, June 23rd seems like tomorrow in comparison.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:15 am

http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/1430 ... Wanderers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:24 am

Do the tin foil hats not interfere with your broadband ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:58 am

so the basis of an article by Iles, on the back of a one line 'quote' from Lennon (both of whose knowledge has been previously questioned) we understand that SS have failed to provide the info that a) since it was in black and white, they should have known they needed to provide; and b) they should have had to hand as ED had been ridiculously asking for the same assurity during the process; we are to deduce what ??

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:04 am

I've no idea ST, but it must be bad. Very bad...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:25 am

StaffsTrotter wrote:so the basis of an article by Iles, on the back of a one line 'quote' from Lennon (both of whose knowledge has been previously questioned) we understand that SS have failed to provide the info that a) since it was in black and white, they should have known they needed to provide; and b) they should have had to hand as ED had been ridiculously asking for the same assurity during the process; we are to deduce what ??
clearly the obvious conclusion is that if we see ED in the street we should physically assault him... can't you see that??

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:06 am

Pah - bloody amateurs (although decent offering from Bish) - things to deduce from the article.

1) SS need to do more work - ED has therefore come with a new set of demands - this could wreck our season and it'll be ED's fault. That's why he's smiling.
2) ED is now in cahoots with the FL around the evidence of more funds. They want to take food off Deano's table whilst splitting the profits from the sale of the Macron 90/10 ED/FL
3) The "all smiling" picture at the top is very sinister, as it shows two people clearly at loggerheads. Deano looks anaemic because he's been bled dry by the bloke on his right, who's a doppleganger. ED is actually in the Car Park, selling spaces to the highest bidder as he's due to catch a plane to Barbados at half time
4) The match result shows that had ED sorted things a while ago, we'd have won 7-1
5) ED's lack of a tan from Barbados, shows that whilst he was there not dealing with the takeover, he was digging holes under shady palm trees to bury the money in.
6) Ad infinitum