Sports Shield - New Owners (Probably)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Sports Shield - New Owners (Probably)

Post by TonyDomingos » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:00 pm

Sorry for asking the same question twice, but can anyone clarify: is admin still an option if HMRC are pushing for liquidation?
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:11 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:Sorry for asking the same question twice, but can anyone clarify: is admin still an option if HMRC are pushing for liquidation?
I think so, but we need to do this before we go into court?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:13 pm

http://www.begbies-traynorgroup.com/art ... om-closure" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TonyDomingos wrote:Sorry for asking the same question twice, but can anyone clarify: is admin still an option if HMRC are pushing for liquidation?
It prevents them liquidating you, I think for 8(?) weeks, according to this article

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:21 pm

chester white wrote:Appreciate Twitter rumours etc isn't for everyone, but this is the Twitter handle for the bloke claiming Holdsworth borrowing £5 million from some Wonga type company for the bid

http://www.twitter.com/ANOther98085773" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

First person to follow him was Iles.

Wonder if it's someone inside the club.
If you can't trust someone called ANOther98085773, who can you trust?

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:51 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:also sounds like if it doesn't go through it isn't just down to the big bad Eddie Davies...
Perhaps. But also a lot is down to him. He certainly is far from the generous benefactor you want to paint him as. Cold hearted businessman more like.
One that's allegedly £175m down...as reported via Birch by your mate Marc Iles. That sounds pretty ungenerous and cold hearted...
Here's what Holdsworth had to say "Eddie cares about the club but a lot of people have said detrimental things. He has put a hell of a lot of finance into that club."

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... is_lifted/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
£175m down on paper. We've been over this ad infinitum, but my suspicion is that the "real" figure is closer to £15m than £175m. And the apparent terms that ED is insisting on indicate he's not giving up on it yet.

Deano's not exactly going to start joining in a chorus of "Eddie Davis is a wanker" when he's still trying to sort out his takeover. The fact that he confirms that no relegation clauses were included during our premier league days, despite the constant party line that "we have plans in place", is liking reopening an old wound. And it appears we are going to receive an identical wound on the other arsecheek, when we drop to League 1 and still have to pay ridiculous wages that were over-the-top in the first place. What a legacy, eh?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:41 pm

midlands exile wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:also sounds like if it doesn't go through it isn't just down to the big bad Eddie Davies...
Perhaps. But also a lot is down to him. He certainly is far from the generous benefactor you want to paint him as. Cold hearted businessman more like.
One that's allegedly £175m down...as reported via Birch by your mate Marc Iles. That sounds pretty ungenerous and cold hearted...
Here's what Holdsworth had to say "Eddie cares about the club but a lot of people have said detrimental things. He has put a hell of a lot of finance into that club."

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... is_lifted/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
£175m down on paper. We've been over this ad infinitum, but my suspicion is that the "real" figure is closer to £15m than £175m. And the apparent terms that ED is insisting on indicate he's not giving up on it yet.

Deano's not exactly going to start joining in a chorus of "Eddie Davis is a wanker" when he's still trying to sort out his takeover. The fact that he confirms that no relegation clauses were included during our premier league days, despite the constant party line that "we have plans in place", is liking reopening an old wound. And it appears we are going to receive an identical wound on the other arsecheek, when we drop to League 1 and still have to pay ridiculous wages that were over-the-top in the first place. What a legacy, eh?
How are you getting to £15m, what substantiates that assertion?

midlands exile
Promising
Promising

Post by midlands exile » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:12 am

Worthy4England wrote:
midlands exile wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

How are you getting to £15m, what substantiates that assertion?
Read again. "Closer to £15m". Covered in previous posts on here, which I think you responded to at the time, here are a few nuggets: Uncontestable elements include compound interest and management fees. Various other means quite possible and technically legal. More dubious grey areas also available. Anyway, ED's pre-bwfc and current takeover-period business form don't indicate he would be cheerfully haemorraging cash under any circumstances, fan or no fan. Well done, you've successfully lured me into repeating myself somewhat, at a late hour!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:25 am

Hey, he's a c*nt. Why would anyone think otherwise.

For a start he's got shit loads of cash, so he's obviously a c*nt.

He also lives on the Isle of Man, or some West Indian island or somesuch, he can't possibly be a nice guy.

F*ck him, he's a c*nt, a horrible greedy c*nt.

F*ck him.

C*nt.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:34 am

- Then what happened?

- He hit me
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:17 am

How are you getting to £15m, what substantiates that assertion?[/quote]

Read again. "Closer to £15m". Covered in previous posts on here, which I think you responded to at the time, here are a few nuggets: Uncontestable elements include compound interest and management fees. Various other means quite possible and technically legal. More dubious grey areas also available. Anyway, ED's pre-bwfc and current takeover-period business form don't indicate he would be cheerfully haemorraging cash under any circumstances, fan or no fan. Well done, you've successfully lured me into repeating myself somewhat, at a late hour![/quote]

erm
The accounts signed off 30 June 2015 (for upto 30 June 2014 showed a net debt of £183million. £174million owed to Moonshift (comprising £150million capital and interest aggregating to c.£24million). The Moonshift loans started in 2007/08, originally at an interest rate of 10% (only slightly higher than the secured bank borrowing but with significantly greater risk to the lender), this rate was later was reduced to 5% and then nil. The average Moonshift interest charge against profit has been about 3% but unless Premiership status was maintained (and at a profit) there was no way the interest could ever have been paid without additional Moonshift lending.
The biggest increase in the loan balance (from £23million to £85million) occurred in 2009/10 when Moonshift paid off all but a small amount of bank borrowing and helped finance the £15million spent on player acquisitions in that year.

So you might begrudge ED the idea of getting interest back on his investment (perhaps he should have kept himself warm with the love and gratitude of the fans). I assume you are just on a wind up, as surely even in the current climate of suspicion and vindictiveness, there has to be a recognition that he has put a shed load of money into the club. To me whether that was £50m, £100m or £200m - it was a lot of HIS money.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:03 am

midlands exile wrote:
Read again. "Closer to £15m". Covered in previous posts on here, which I think you responded to at the time, here are a few nuggets: Uncontestable elements include compound interest and management fees. Various other means quite possible and technically legal. More dubious grey areas also available. Anyway, ED's pre-bwfc and current takeover-period business form don't indicate he would be cheerfully haemorraging cash under any circumstances, fan or no fan. Well done, you've successfully lured me into repeating myself somewhat, at a late hour!
I don't need to read again. I've read before. You didn't substantiate it then and you haven't now...on interest you'd need to lay off what we paid on it against what he would have got on it had he invested elsewhere. That's money he could've made had his capital not been tied up paying Campo's wages...

I particularly like the cover all of "more dubious grey areas" that should account for any gaps in the maths.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:08 am

Worthy4England wrote:
midlands exile wrote:
I don't need to read again. I've read before. You didn't substantiate it then and you haven't now...on interest you'd need to lay off what we paid on it against what he would have got on it had he invested elsewhere. That's money he could've made had his capital not been tied up paying Campo's wages...

I particularly like the cover all of "more dubious grey areas" that should account for any gaps in the maths.
the argument seems to be that lots of it is compound interest - it probably is - and that ED shouldn't have had that for some unspecified reason, or summat, plus an unspecified "errrr.. summat dodgy" quotient = ED has fleeced us blind. get it now?

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:23 am

thebish wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
midlands exile wrote:

the argument seems to be that lots of it is compound interest - it probably is - and that ED shouldn't have had that for some unspecified reason, or summat, plus an unspecified "errrr.. summat dodgy" quotient = ED has fleeced us blind. get it now?
why do say that - 3 post back I set out what the accounts said the interest was - £24m on loans of £150m. Suspect what he's loaned us since June 2014 has increased the £150m.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:48 am

Interesting no-one has mentioned the article in Bolton News suggesting that EDs demands have now been lowered in some way to allow progress with the FL.
Pfffft.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:58 am

TKIZ! wrote:Interesting no-one has mentioned the article in Bolton News suggesting that EDs demands have now been lowered in some way to allow progress with the FL.
Iles has tweeted that he now knows what has changed. Though he isn't saying what.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:00 am

Here is the article.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14 ... ?ref=fbshr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:01 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:Interesting no-one has mentioned the article in Bolton News suggesting that EDs demands have now been lowered in some way to allow progress with the FL.
Iles has tweeted that he now knows what has changed. Though he isn't saying what.

so do I - but I'm not saying either. My lips are sealed... zip! 8)

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:03 am

ChrisC wrote:Here is the article.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14 ... ?ref=fbshr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hmmmm........ looks like the next 48 hrs. are going to be crucial. :roll:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:27 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Here is the article.

Hmmmm........ looks like the next 48 hrs. are going to be crucial. :roll:

:lol:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:28 am

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

so do I - but I'm not saying either. My lips are sealed... zip! 8)
To be fair he updated the story on the website. Eddie has agreed to reduce some of the debt he is leaving in the club. Which is nice. Still need league to sign it off today but they won't promise that is going to be the case.