Sports Shield - New Owners (Probably)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Re: Sports Shield - New Owners (Probably)

Post by Enoch » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:33 pm

Jugs wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Peter Thompson might have wrote:Threat of admin is gone for the moment and this tax bill will be paid
That's more how I feel just now.
It'll be reet.
:lol:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:31 pm

Will be paid... will be? Why not has been?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:33 pm

Enoch wrote:
Jugs wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Peter Thompson might have wrote:Threat of admin is gone for the moment and this tax bill will be paid
It'll be reet.
What does that mean? "For the moment"?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:34 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:
Enoch wrote:
Jugs wrote:
Enoch wrote:
It'll be reet.
What does that mean? "For the moment"?
Until Ken Anderson gets his feet under the table...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:41 pm

Look, I'm an optimist, I always think things will turn out reet.

This just doesn't have the ring of a new dawn I'd been hoping for.

Always ready to be proved wrong, I just fancy there are tough times ahead.

COYWM

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:45 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Statement from Deano.

If I were Neil Lennon, I'd be clearing my desk right now.

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/stat ... 99509.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's just you hoping, Insaney. Nothing in there that even hints at it..
Says we have a good set of players. Doesn't mention the manager or coaching. Inference is that he doesn't think we should be where we are with the players we have.

Put it this way. If someone bought the company I worked for and praised my team but not me, puublically I would be shit scared.

Aye - but, to be fair, you seem to be shit scared of some kind of approaching calamity pretty much all the time anyway! ;-)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:12 pm

twilight wrote:Don't like the sound of this Ken Anderson, but what do I know...let's hope they run our football club properly and hope this awful mess never happens again....Where's the "fingers crossed" emoticon??
But Deano said a couple of weeks ago that he himself was to be Chairman!! What happened there then? :conf: :conf:

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:27 pm

Does this 'Inner Circle' Group sound all a bit Game of Thrones to anyone else, or is it just me?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:29 pm

Peter Thompson wrote: He role as CEO will be 'hands on' he wants to involved working with the players
Dean Holdsworth teaching Gary Madine how to score goals? Jesus on a bendy fecking bus! :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:33 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote: He role as CEO will be 'hands on' he wants to involved working with the players
Dean Holdsworth teaching Gary Madine how to score goals? Jesus on a bendy fecking bus! :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
Haaaa.

I like that "Madina has scored goals at this level". Fck me .... the ones he's missed are misses at ANY level.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:37 pm

Despite the fringe stuff I for one am delighted the club is saved. This time last week it looked decidedly rocky. At least we now have a chance to start again, if from the bottom, and turn it round. :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:08 am

New owners, finally rid of the Davies/Gartside circus, should be elated.

I'm not, I have a lousy gut feeling this lot are not going to do much for the club short term never mind long term.

A 3rd division club with a crap/no manager, overpaid tossers in the guise of players, new 'investment' owners, it don't bode well.

I await around 100-150 of those 350 staff who would have lost their jobs getting redundancy notices for starters.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:17 am

Hoboh wrote:New owners, finally rid of the Davies/Gartside circus, should be elated.

I'm not, I have a lousy gut feeling this lot are not going to do much for the club short term never mind long term.

A 3rd division club with a crap/no manager, overpaid tossers in the guise of players, new 'investment' owners, it don't bode well.

I await around 100-150 of those 350 staff who would have lost their jobs getting redundancy notices for starters.
If they pay the tax bill and avoid the threat of liquidation then what they have done is save the football club.

Right now, we aren't in a position to ask for more. We were driven within minutes of extinction according to DH. Nobody else would put their money where their mouth is. Without Sports Shield we'd probably be discussing how far down the ladder the football league and FA would push us as penalty for liquidation. Or at the very best seeing our assets further dwindle in administration.

As for the rest, I think anyone would be looking to reduce the staff cost. We have to be leaner. That isn't nice to say or do, but I think it is inevitable.

Nobody knows whether they will be able to properly sustain the club on an ongoing basis. Most I think suspect they will struggle.

But there wasn't a list of folk wanting to save us, so in my view initially we should be grateful and hopeful, rather than negative. Remain sceptical sure. But in my view the club now needs all the supporters to get down the stadium each week, pay their money and collectively help the new owners get the club back on it's feet.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:59 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:New owners, finally rid of the Davies/Gartside circus, should be elated.

If they pay the tax bill and avoid the threat of liquidation then what they have done is save the football club.

Right now, we aren't in a position to ask for more. We were driven within minutes of extinction according to DH. Nobody else would put their money where their mouth is. Without Sports Shield we'd probably be discussing how far down the ladder the football league and FA would push us as penalty for liquidation. Or at the very best seeing our assets further dwindle in administration.

As for the rest, I think anyone would be looking to reduce the staff cost. We have to be leaner. That isn't nice to say or do, but I think it is inevitable.

Nobody knows whether they will be able to properly sustain the club on an ongoing basis. Most I think suspect they will struggle.

But there wasn't a list of folk wanting to save us, so in my view initially we should be grateful and hopeful, rather than negative. Remain sceptical sure. But in my view the club now needs all the supporters to get down the stadium each week, pay their money and collectively help the new owners get the club back on it's feet.
Fcuking hell coming from Mr Doom and Gloom!

We'll see what happens, my own opinion is admin with feck all assets within the next 3 years.

If everything you read was to be believed, this lot virtually emptied their bank accounts to get this deal through and even 3 years is a long time for these people to wait for a profit.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:33 am

Hoboh wrote:
Fcuking hell coming from Mr Doom and Gloom!

We'll see what happens, my own opinion is admin with feck all assets within the next 3 years.

If everything you read was to be believed, this lot virtually emptied their bank accounts to get this deal through and even 3 years is a long time for these people to wait for a profit.
We don't even know WHO "this lot" are. And whether they emptied their banks or not. Who is supplying the money?

That can be a good or bad thing. But the club now has some leadership that has been woefully lacking for some time.

Silly to jump for joy, but also ridiculous to predict dire things, until we know more. I will remain sceptical but optimistic as I did for a while fear the worst. That might make me doom and gloom, but also given the deal is now done I'm happy that the worst was avoided.

So not so doom and gloom. Expect the worst and you'll mainly be pleasantly surprised.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:38 am

"I still feel a tingle when I see the floodlights on as I come up the M61, as I did when I was a player in 1997. I wanted this place to be my home and I want it again. It has been emotional and I am honoured and privileged to be the owner & Chief Executive of this club" Dean Holdsworth.

Oh boy, I've just been blubbering like an idiot!!. I don't know what's going to happen in a few years time, who does? but those words have got to me and he'll do for me 'cos he's just saved the club that we love.... :pray:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:57 am

twilight wrote:"I still feel a tingle when I see the floodlights on as I come up the M61, as I did when I was a player in 1997. I wanted this place to be my home and I want it again. It has been emotional and I am honoured and privileged to be the owner & Chief Executive of this club" Dean Holdsworth.

Oh boy, I've just been blubbering like an idiot!!. I don't know what's going to happen in a few years time, who does? but those words have got to me and he'll do for me 'cos he's just saved the club that we love.... :pray:
I can possibly believe Holdsworth, I just wish we knew more about those behind him

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:59 am

I'm pleased that the club has been saved. We have to give the new owners the benefit of the doubt and who knows, we could be pleasantly surprised although the odds may be against it. Bolton supporters, as a whole, tend to be quite suspicious of change but there is now an opportunity to get behind the club and for it in turn to deliver real improvements.

If I were the new owners I would be looking at radical change to the structure of the club. The cost base must be cut and wages cut to the bone with relatively huge win incentives for the players and coaching staff. Non-playing staff should also be incentivised to show real efficiency and customer service improvements. Why not employ an expert to improve the food and drink offerings from the kiosks, e.g. there is an opportunity to sell well-kept real ale for which there would be major demand if proper training were given.

Do you remember when Allardyce put senior players on a for sale list and let it be generally be known that he didn't care if they went to a good home or not? It certainly gave some of them a good kick up the jacksy, including a certain ex-Real Madrid legend (he played his best games from that point to the end of the season). That would be my first action.

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:04 pm

A worrying aspect is the oversight the FL are insisting on and the embargo on player trading. Has any other club had these conditions attached? There really is more to this and maybe the FL have smelled a rat. 8)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:06 pm

Hoboh wrote:
I can possibly believe Holdsworth, I just wish we knew more about those behind him
Step out into the sunlight Hobes and stop looking behind you at shadows...Dawn of a new era and all that.... :D
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?