Sports Shield - New Owners (Probably)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Sports Shield - New Owners (Probably)

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 17, 2016 11:52 am

Holdsworth’s persistence finally paid off in February. He had been dealt a huge blow when joint funder Bruce Gordon pulled out of the deal – frustrated at the lack of flexibility being shown by seller, Davies – but was then aided by a long-time associate, and former football agent Ken Anderson.
Solicitors worked around the clock to provide the Football League with the paperwork and assurances they required, alongside the massive amount of due diligence still to be done.

Whether the deal, rushed through in an effort to save Wanderers, conceded too much to former owner Davies is unclear. He retains £15million of debt in the company and is guaranteed payments at Championship level or above for five years.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 17, 2016 11:57 am

And your point is, caller?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue May 17, 2016 6:32 pm

Worthy4England wrote:And your point is, caller?
It's proof innit.

....& he's worried.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 18, 2016 9:40 am

Fan who went to the various court appearances has written an article for the BN.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... _business/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spot on for me.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 18, 2016 9:46 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Fan who went to the various court appearances has written an article for the BN.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... _business/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Spot on for me.
Bit harsh to call Neil Bonnar a fan (although he is) - he's the BN's head of sport, been there for 20+ years...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 18, 2016 11:55 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Fan who went to the various court appearances has written an article for the BN.

Spot on for me.
Bit harsh to call Neil Bonnar a fan (although he is) - he's the BN's head of sport, been there for 20+ years...
Well they clearly aren't his words here, as per opening paragraph...unless Bonnar works in London....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 18, 2016 11:57 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Spot on for me.
Well they clearly aren't his words here, as per opening paragraph...unless Bonnar works in London....
Oh yeah. Ha!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed May 18, 2016 12:41 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Spot on for me.
Oh yeah. Ha!

the words belong to "lifelong fan" Ian Firth...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 23, 2016 8:45 am

http://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2 ... ift-widens" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh dear.

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Mon May 23, 2016 8:57 am

Copy/paste here so we don't have to actually go to that site.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 23, 2016 8:59 am

NiceHotCuppaTea wrote:
Copy/paste here so we don't have to actually go to that site.
Just when you thought that we had put our money problrms behind us, our sources at the club have indicated to us that our beloved Bolton Wanderers do not have the finance to pay the players wages this week, although fortunately did ensure that club staff did get paid.

We have been informed that the finance shortfall is due to the fact that Ken Anderson hasn't come good with the finance promised, when he joined the SS consortium, to buy our club.

It is believed that Anderson needs to provide the necessary funds today in order to ensure that the players receive their wages on time.

There are also rumours of an unbridgeable rift now between Holdsworth and Anderson, with their working relationship effectively being non-existent.

Obviously we'll update this when new news becomes known, but it sounds like another fun chapter in the recent tumultuous history of our great club is about to be written.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon May 23, 2016 9:04 am

'All fur coat and no knickers' springs to mind!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 23, 2016 9:12 am

I won't be taking my lowdown from that pile o' shite. You feel free to though. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 23, 2016 9:31 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
I won't be taking my lowdown from that pile o' shite. You feel free to though. ;)
I agree. Hand on heart though, do you not think there might be some element of truth to the story?

Rumours have been around for quite a few weeks than Anderson hasn't brought his money to the table - money he promised the football league he would invest. And that is why they were rumoured to be looking for more money to bridge the shortfall. Of course they are only rumours, but the smoke seems to be building.

Hopefully LOV jumped the gun and the situation is still salvageable somehow.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon May 23, 2016 11:42 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
I agree. Hand on heart though, do you not think there might be some element of truth to the story?

Rumours have been around for quite a few weeks than Anderson hasn't brought his money to the table - money he promised the football league he would invest. And that is why they were rumoured to be looking for more money to bridge the shortfall. Of course they are only rumours, but the smoke seems to be building.

Hopefully LOV jumped the gun and the situation is still salvageable somehow.
Don't know about jumped but they're always dodging it.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon May 23, 2016 1:09 pm

They do post some shite up but it's also clear that they have a source in the Sportshield camp and they broke the Dean Holdsworth thing before anyone else. Sadly I would be surprised if it's untrue because to me it all makes sense and I've thought for ages that these chancers were merely postponing administration. I'm inclined to believe the opposite of anything that comes our if Anderson's mouth.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Mon May 23, 2016 2:19 pm

Well, if KA hasn't come up with his money yet as alleged, how come he has so much "talk"?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 23, 2016 4:25 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:Well, if KA hasn't come up with his money yet as alleged, how come he has so much "talk"?
Them as can, do. Them as can't, talk. ;-)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 23, 2016 9:12 pm

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14 ... _Anderson/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So Iles reckons Holdsworth may ask the FL to investigate what has happened to Anderson's money. Whereas Anderson says there is no issue.

All sounds hunky dory then....

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon May 23, 2016 9:46 pm

Joy.