Sports Shield - New Owners (Probably)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Sports Shield - New Owners (Probably)

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:59 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Iles is not there to do what is best for fans/staff at BWFC, he's there to do what is best for Bolton News. He didn't know if any further facts were imminent or not. He didn't sensationalise it a la Sky Sports or the Sun. I think he reported it about right.
Reality for local footie journalists now is they are pseudo official club reporters, or they are frozen out and redundant. Iles is basically the "official club reporter" unofficially.... He may report all sides, but I bet anything that if KA asks him not to print something he won't unless not doing so would have massive ramifications.

Same with his relationship with PP.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:37 pm

Deano does come across a bit naive here. Sure he had good intentions. But seems he wanted to do a deal with anyone. First tried to buy the club with Indian investors who pulled out. Then with Flash Gordon who also pulled out at the last minute.

Then with Ken who previously had been helping Deano do a deal for the club behind the scenes. Wonder how long Ken had planned the coup? Remember when Deano was named "preferred bidder" during court and did an interview on LoV all giddy, saying he'd be chairman etc? Then the deal appeared to fall through, Ken stepped in at the last minute and announced himself as Chairman.

Also the Iles article says Deano wanted Reid and Nolan as the management dream team....hmmm...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:40 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Also the Iles article says Deano wanted Reid and Nolan as the management dream team....hmmm...
As an aside, we were wondering on Saturday how we'd have been doing under Nigel Adkins or the other one (Brian McDermott, was it?) being used as a human shield for our pursuit of Parky.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:00 pm

One of Deano's twitter accounts (NLFA) tweeted this, earlier today....

#burrrrrrrrnnnnnnnn

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:14 pm

I have absolutely nothing but sympathy for Deano to be honest. Anderson has played him a fvckin blinder
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

n035209
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by n035209 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:22 pm

Don't trust Greasy Ken. Never have never will. Holdsworth hasn't and never had the required cash to keep us going I doubt he has anywhere near 40% shares.

All very dodgy!!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:37 pm

[qu
BWFC_Insane wrote:Also the Iles article says Deano wanted Reid and Nolan as the management dream team....hmmm...
I don't believe that for one second to be honest. Another snippet from Anderson to Iles to make the fans think Deano's an idiot.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:43 pm

Since BWFC finances are unlikely to ever affect my insignificant bank balance and Bolton Wanderers as a football team are all I care about, objectively and from the dung heap Eddie Davies left us with as a club, Ken Anderson has us still in there. As long as that continues and we live on, I couldn't care less if the Sheik of Araby, Tolstoy's great grandson, Kentucky Fried Chicken or Selfridges own us.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:43 pm

boltonboris wrote:[qu
I don't believe that for one second to be honest. Another snippet from Anderson to Iles to make the fans think Deano's an idiot.
Possibly, but it was reported they were Deano's choice (once Brown was a non starter) at the time, and during the takeover process Iles was being fed by Deano if you remember correctly. It was reported back then that Deano wanted someone with "connections to the club." He said himself he wanted to bring people "back into the club". So I do actually think it is true.

The thing that is very obviously being obscured, and I suspect Iles knows but won't say, is what they fell out about, and who put what in, initially. I feel for Deano but think we're in better hands with KA to be honest.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:25 pm

I agree

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:24 pm

boltonboris wrote:I have absolutely nothing but sympathy for Deano to be honest. Anderson has played him a fvckin blinder
Totally agree. Tried his best and was let down at last minute by planned investors and the stubborness of Eddie Davies. He might be naive and inexperienced but without him and his efforts getting the ball rolling who knows? He genuinely wanted to save the club and I salute him for that. He may well have done that, just not to his own benefit.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:08 pm

Marc Iles ‏@MarcIles 4h4 hours ago
All sorted at DH end, I understand. KA has made a "substantial offer" which he says will safeguard against financial problems/admin #bwfc

Marc Iles ‏@MarcIles 4h4 hours ago
UPDATE: Share deal at Wanderers waiting on exchange of one document (from Blumarble) before being signed. May happen tonight. #bwfc
Pfffft.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:56 am

The latest BEN article suggests that on completion of a couple of formalities, the deal for KA to buy out DH is done. It paints an optimistic picture of our near term financial situation with DH referring to it as "secure". Also suggests KA has made a generous offer to DH, "against advice"

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... Wanderers/

I must admit, it raises a number of questions for me like:

1.) Is this funded personally by KA, or is he supported by outside investment, possibly via his Inner circle group? If not is KA more minted than we think?
2.) Does he and maybe his partners have the funds to keep the club going on a similar basis to now beyond this season? Given Iles suggested yesterday that the club still costs £800k per month to run (not sure it that means losses, which if so seems high and suggests we could operate with no players and still be a loss making enterprise , or total running costs, which if so seems low) that would mean a lot of personal investment going forward. Or will we see some dramatic tightening of belts in the summer? I guess outside investment is also an option here.

Anyway, for the time being at least, and without any last minute surprises, we can at least look forward to supporting our club in an exciting promotion push. Extend Ameobi's loan (or even better sign him permanently), keep Zach Clough and sign Omar Bogle from Grimsby, or Lee Gregory from Millwall (if we get the embargo lifted, sounds highly doubtful), or Yaya Sanogo from Arsenal on loan, and we will be automatically promoted!!

EDIT: additional piece by Iles does suggest our current losses are £9m per year, down from an eye popping £18.5m (geez!!)

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... Wanderers/

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:36 am

Re: the £9m losses I guess that would be the '800k a month' it cost to run the club, which the way it was phrased suggested that was the total expenditure per month which sounded low. £9m per annum loss makes more sense and is headed in the right direction.

I'm guessing there's a few extra million in revenue to be had if promoted and quite a few players out of contract in the summer which in theory might mean we aren't far off.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:04 am

So Ken Anderson has become the LOAN owner of the club.

See what I did there?

£££££

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:32 pm

boltonboris wrote:So Ken Anderson has become the LOAN owner of the club.

See what I did there?

£££££
Badoom tisch!
Yes I treat all this 'KA has paid for stuff himself' news with great suspicion.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:51 am

LeverEnd wrote:
boltonboris wrote:So Ken Anderson has become the LOAN owner of the club.

See what I did there?

£££££
Badoom tisch!
Yes I treat all this 'KA has paid for stuff himself' news with great suspicion.
One assumes he means he's paid it whilst the deal goes through as funds can't otherwise be released and he'd be reimbursed once that's sorted. Good PR for him though.