Sports Shield - New Owners (Probably)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Sports Shield - New Owners (Probably)

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:13 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:He's hardly going to say "the players are a bunch of useless overpaid wankers. Now go out there are keep us up and save me a few quid in doing so".

He probably is making arrangements for some P45s, but I don't think that statement is a clear indication of him getting rid of Lennon.
It's clearly there in white and white (the bits that occur between black and white) :-)

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:17 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/club ... 99492.aspx

Singed, sealed and delivered.

Ken Anderson is chairman and Deano is CEO.
In my mind you mean by that that Deano broke into a medley of show songs from Annie, culminating with "You're Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile" as the climax?
Businesswoman of the year.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:18 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:He's hardly going to say "the players are a bunch of useless overpaid wankers. Now go out there are keep us up and save me a few quid in doing so".

He probably is making arrangements for some P45s, but I don't think that statement is a clear indication of him getting rid of Lennon.
It's clearly there in white and white (the bits that occur between black and white) :-)
I thought it was that phenomenon know as convenient dyslexia - the rearrangement of letters and words to make a sentence say what you want it to. :D

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:18 pm

Actually, I reckon he should have said exactly that, AT. With a second sentence..."and as for Lennon, the tosser, I've appointed lawyers to sue the fxcked for whatever we can screw out of him. Meanwhile Neil take the rest of the season off and play with your rhubarb while I take you to the small claims court for Saturday's wages..."
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:19 pm

I am concerned mainly at the apparent lack of editing though for the pieces on the BWFC website.

Bolton Wanderers Football Club and Sports Shield Investments are delighted to announce the completion and sale of the club from Eddie Davies.

Sports shield announcing completion and sale. WTF?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:23 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:I am concerned mainly at the apparent lack of editing though for the pieces on the BWFC website.

Bolton Wanderers Football Club and Sports Shield Investments are delighted to announce the completion and sale of the club from Eddie Davies.

It's a joint announcement. Nowt wrong with it. Can't we have 48 hours of smiles and relief and start the conspiracies in another 48 hours?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:24 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Actually, I reckon he should have said exactly that, AT. With a second sentence..."and as for Lennon, the tosser, I've appointed lawyers to sue the fxcked for whatever we can screw out of him. Meanwhile Neil take the rest of the season off and play with your rhubarb while I take you to the small claims court for Saturday's wages..."
I'm sure he'd like to, but clearly knows his man management from how to fcuk people off that you need.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:27 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:I am concerned mainly at the apparent lack of editing though for the pieces on the BWFC website.

It's a joint announcement. Nowt wrong with it. Can't we have 48 hours of smiles and relief and start the conspiracies in another 48 hours?
It isn't a conspiracy. They've just not proof read it and allowed a meaningless sentence to go out.

It doesn't make sense is all.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:31 pm

About on a par with Del Trotter's English.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:45 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

It isn't a conspiracy. They've just not proof read it and allowed a meaningless sentence to go out.

It doesn't make sense is all.
You're really bothered about that? Surely all that matters is that they run the club soundly. I don't care if their English is as shit as mine.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:46 pm

There'll be a P45 in the post for the editorial johnnies as SS do a clean sweep.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:05 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Ken Anderson....minutes from Southampton Leisure Holdings PLC....2006...

Ken Anderson:

Whilst not a prospective Board member, Ken Anderson an employee of Vantis plc,
has been responsible for developing much of Mr Wilde's approach particularly
soliciting the sale of shares to Mr Wilde and advising Mr Wilde.
Mr Anderson's business card describes him as 'Group Director'. In October 05, Mr
Anderson was banned from holding directorship of a company until 2013.
Mr Anderson has been involved in several liquidations and his record at the
Insolvency Service reveals that he has been found guilty of diverting funds
receivable by a company into personal accounts, VAT discrepancies, and failure
to cooperate with Receivers.
Jesus Harold Christos.
Con Man and his superhero sidekick Wife Beater. What a duo.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:10 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Statement from Deano.

If I were Neil Lennon, I'd be clearing my desk right now.

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/stat ... 99509.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Heh! It's not quite that bad but there is what you might call a coded criticism in there. Course, it could just be bigging up the squad members, but notably not the manager...

In case you can't access the link:

(other stuff)

Up the Trotters!

Dean Holdsworth
bit of an embarrassing dad tone to that.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:25 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Statement from Deano.

If I were Neil Lennon, I'd be clearing my desk right now.

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/stat ... 99509.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's just you hoping, Insaney. Nothing in there that even hints at it..
Says we have a good set of players. Doesn't mention the manager or coaching. Inference is that he doesn't think we should be where we are with the players we have.

Put it this way. If someone bought the company I worked for and praised my team but not me, puublically I would be shit scared.

Aye - but, to be fair, you seem to be shit scared of some kind of approaching calamity pretty much all the time anyway! ;-)

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:18 pm

Don't like the sound of this Ken Anderson, but what do I know...let's hope they run our football club properly and hope this awful mess never happens again....Where's the "fingers crossed" emoticon??

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:53 pm

twilight wrote:Don't like the sound of this Ken Anderson, but what do I know...let's hope they run our football club properly and hope this awful mess never happens again....Where's the "fingers crossed" emoticon??
Fingers crossed emoticons are not good for cross cultural misunderstanding reasons. Certain Amazonian tribes take it as an insult, and the Basques interpret it as an invitation to do rude interferences with a lady's private parts, but worst of all try giving it the crossed fingers in Zanskar and see what happens... ugh, not nice.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:41 pm

Just caught Dean Holdsworth's interview on Radio Manchester

He's chuffed to bits about the deal finally going through, its been going on for 6 months and was very close to not going through on a couple of occasions - he was asked about the young players & Rob Holding in particular, and was asked about getting him signed longer term - I didn't catch an answer to that contract question but he said that Rob Holding is a future BWFC captain and thinks that he'll become a premier league player if he continues to develop (didn't say with us though !!)

He role as CEO will be 'hands on' he wants to involved working with the players, especially the youth players as we have some good young players - he was asked about Lennon and all I would say is that its highly doubtful that NL will be manager next season, he was very non committal and said that today isn't the time to talk about the manager & it wouldn't be fair on NL to speak about his position today.

Threat of admin is gone and the tax bill will be paid

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:50 pm

Peter Thompson might have wrote:Threat of admin is gone for the moment and this tax bill will be paid
That's more how I feel just now.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:01 pm

Enoch wrote:
Peter Thompson might have wrote:Threat of admin is gone for the moment and this tax bill will be paid
That's more how I feel just now.
It'll be reet.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:15 pm

This Inner Circle that Ken Anderson owns sounds very errr interesting