Sports Shield - New Owners (Probably)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Re: Sports Shield - New Owners (Probably)

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:12 pm

Sooooo, providing SS get football league clearance. We're pretty much debt free?
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:14 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:Sooooo, providing SS get football league clearance. We're pretty much debt free?
Bit difficult to tell TBH... :-)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:14 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:Sooooo, providing SS get football league clearance. We're pretty much debt free?
compared to what we were - aye... except there is this slightly unclear £15million owed to Eddie if we hit certain levels of success... not a debt - but kind of a debt!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:26 pm

thebish wrote:
compared to what we were - aye... except there is this slightly unclear £15million owed to Eddie if we hit certain levels of success... not a debt - but kind of a debt!
Not sure it's quite that clear on wider debt. ED originally said he'd clear £185m, but we were reporting £200m in some places prior to Monday's court case - so is ED writing off £185 + £15m and the £15m he gets back based on performance is the delta. Do we have £15m coz he's wiped £185m and left the delta....when we were reporting £185m, I think that was realisable debt at that point in time, we still had other debts on top - such as the Quikquid loan, what the tax man was owed etc....what's the situation with that etc. etc.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jugs » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:33 pm

thebish wrote:
Kinda like a student loan that you only repay once you start earning a certain amount? Not debt debt but still debt.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:41 pm

Jugs wrote:
thebish wrote:
Kinda like a student loan that you only repay once you start earning a certain amount? Not debt debt but still debt.
But will it mean if we get promoted back to the Championship we then have to continue working on a League 1 budget? That would make Championship survival difficult and a Premier League return pretty much impossible.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:26 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Jugs wrote:
thebish wrote:
But will it mean if we get promoted back to the Championship we then have to continue working on a League 1 budget? That would make Championship survival difficult and a Premier League return pretty much impossible.
Eggs, chickens, my friend! We have a journey round the lower leagues before that. When, if (I must put in if - I don't want Hoss putting a contract out...), we drop into League 1 there'll be a mighty high chance of us plummeting straight through the bottom and out into League 2.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:42 am

Jugs wrote:
thebish wrote:
aye... that's how I understand it - but I may be wrong and I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell me that it's nothing at all like that and it's a criminal and outrageous, despicable and unforgivable doom-laden ticking time bomb over the future of the club... or summat...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:53 am

Hang on a second. We will only be 'debt free' because Sports Shield will have to pay the external debt that the club has racked up. They are being asked to clear up the mess left behind.

Eddie has absolutely no mechanism for recovering his money so I think has little choice but to write off the majority of it. We don't know the deal. Is the 15M on top of the achievement payments or is that the total of them? What is the up front fee to Eddie? Also what has happened to the money from asset sales?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:00 am

Fcuk me. Two parties have struck a deal that's acceptable to both parties. That both signed it.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:01 am

Heuristics FTW.

He should have said he was selling the club for £7.5m, way below his "valuation" but wasn't even going to take that unless we got promoted back to the Champo within 5 years. If that didn't happen, he was taking only the nominal £1.

Now he's a hero!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:08 am

Prufrock wrote:Heuristics FTW.
nahhh... never as good as the Eurythmics...

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:36 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Eggs, chickens, my friend! We have a journey round the lower leagues before that. When, if (I must put in if - I don't want Hoss putting a contract out...), we drop into League 1 there'll be a mighty high chance of us plummeting straight through the bottom and out into League 2.
I'm starting to get a bit nervous now. Mind, the fat lady hasn't even taken a shower or put her curlers in yet.

I'm tentatively telling ya.
Businesswoman of the year.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:06 am

CrazyHorse wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Eggs, chickens, my friend! We have a journey round the lower leagues before that. When, if (I must put in if - I don't want Hoss putting a contract out...), we drop into League 1 there'll be a mighty high chance of us plummeting straight through the bottom and out into League 2.
I'm starting to get a bit nervous now. Mind, the fat lady hasn't even taken a shower or put her curlers in yet.

I'm tentatively telling ya.
:lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:25 am

CrazyHorse wrote:Mind, the fat lady hasn't even taken a shower
That one's nothing to do with me!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:36 pm

Enoch wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:Mind, the fat lady hasn't even taken a shower
That one's nothing to do with me!
Unless you asked her not to, like Napoleon and Josephine? :vomit:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:51 pm

Iles: "FL meeting this afternoon to decide whether SS bid given the go ahead. Very possible that there won't be a definitive answer, though."

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:56 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Iles: "FL meeting this afternoon to decide whether SS bid given the go ahead. Very possible that there won't be a definitive answer, though."

Sounds........unproductive.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:57 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Iles: "FL meeting this afternoon to decide whether SS bid given the go ahead. Very possible that there won't be a definitive answer, though."

More (but not much more) here: http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/14305131.display/

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:59 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:

Maybe they'll convene a committee to discuss the committee's findings amid much shuffling of paper.