Sports Shield - New Owners (Probably)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Sports Shield - New Owners (Probably)

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:04 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Also there is a long list of investors. Not one or two blokes. So suspect the main players financially will become apparent over time.
Where'd that bit come from?
Holdsworth said in the radio 'there are quite a few' iirc.
I guess spreads the load - difficult to point any fingers the way some folks have been doing if there's 20 or them in for 5% a piece and we get in the shit...Coz no one really "owns" it...

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:10 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:When Holdsworth was asked to name those who are involved, he refused and just said that they were private clients who didn't want to be named. When pressed on it, he got a bit snappy and just said that they wouldn't have got past Eddie if they didn't have excellent credentials.

That has to be a bit of a worry, doesn't it?
What's so bizarre about an NDA? It's standard business practice in things like this. He's legally not allowed to go into details, as myself and others have remarked before :conf:.
The NDA relates to the business model that Sports Shield have with the investors and is not in relation to the takeover. It was made clear that the investors are private clients of Sports Shield and that they don't plan to reveal who they are at any stage. They might turn out to be the one of the best things that ever happen to us, but the evasiveness of Holdsworth's initial answer and then his sharp reply when he was pushed on it was a bit surprising.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:44 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Also there is a long list of investors. Not one or two blokes. So suspect the main players financially will become apparent over time.
Where'd that bit come from?
Holdsworth said in the radio 'there are quite a few' iirc.
Didn't Milado that came on here claim the ST to be backed to bursting by local types done well, too?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:46 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:When Holdsworth was asked to name those who are involved, he refused and just said that they were private clients who didn't want to be named. When pressed on it, he got a bit snappy and just said that they wouldn't have got past Eddie if they didn't have excellent credentials.

Well yes.
As is universally accepted, that Sports Shield has been in the race the longest, it begs the fxcking obvious question as to why it took so long for them to be acceptable.
Entirely because ED was on his jollies. Nowt else. Honest guv. Not like there's much to do in a negotiation. Hardly worth employing a team to work on it.

I guess the fact that they're not disclosed to us (under NDA) doesn't mean they weren't disclosed to the Owners' team under a similar arrangement,
Eddie knows who they are, as Holdsworth said that.

The football league will also have to know who they are.
The Football League needs to know bugger all. The investors are irrelevant, only named directors are looked at, and then only superficially.
As I've posted before, if Deano named Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi as a director and major shareholder they'd both pass the League's Fit & Proper test, it's that limited, it's that shit.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:50 pm

thebish wrote:
so - does one of them own 50%?
The name, john disley keeps popping into my mind for some reason!!!! And it worries the shit out of me...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:57 pm

jonnycooper wrote:
thebish wrote:
The name, john disley keeps popping into my mind for some reason!!!! And it worries the shit out of me...
cuddly John?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:06 pm

thebish wrote:
jonnycooper wrote:
thebish wrote:
cuddly John?

Who the fxck's he?
Somebody else, somewhere else was panicking about an Andrew somebody (can't remember last name). Seems to be quite a crew of misfits hangin' bout
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:06 pm

jonnycooper wrote:
thebish wrote:
He was linked to another consortium wasn't he? I thought Deano said he wasn't involved at all a few weeks ago? I could be misremembering though.
^^ I think that was the case too...

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:06 pm

Wasn't he spotted sat in a directors box with Deano?
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:09 pm

http://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2 ... -of-vienna" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Deano speaks to Lof VS .
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:09 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:Wasn't he spotted sat in a directors box with Deano?
Yes. With photo. I didn't know who he was then either...who the fxck is he?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:12 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
the king of marbella

(see also - Ronnie pickering!)

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:15 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
the king of marbella
A crime lord then? Has he been convicted of anything, or like Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi would he pass the Fit & Proper test?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:18 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
the king of marbella
A crime lord then? Has he been convicted of anything, or like Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi would he pass the Fit & Proper test?
aye... bank fraud job... bought companies in trouble and used them to withdraw large sums of cash from the Royal Bank of Scotland just before cheques bounced - which was a bit of a worry! :D

used the cash to live it laaaaarge in Marbella! classy bloke!

he had a personalised swimming pool (like Worthy does)

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:27 pm

Based on nothing more than a hunch I confidently predict this lot are a bunch of shysters and con artists who won't be anywhere near the club (if it still exists) by 2018
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:30 pm

Riviman wrote:http://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2 ... -of-vienna

Deano speaks to Lof VS .
Give a listen to this podcast , well done LofVS for getting this Deano interview.
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:31 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:Based on nothing more than a hunch I confidently predict this lot are a bunch of shysters and con artists who won't be anywhere near the club (if it still exists) by 2018
the bells... the bells... the bells!!! :D

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:33 pm

Nicko58 wrote:

What's so bizarre about an NDA? It's standard business practice in things like this. He's legally not allowed to go into details, as myself and others have remarked before :conf:.
The NDA relates to the business model that Sports Shield have with the investors and is not in relation to the takeover. It was made clear that the investors are private clients of Sports Shield and that they don't plan to reveal who they are at any stage. They might turn out to be the one of the best things that ever happen to us, but the evasiveness of Holdsworth's initial answer and then his sharp reply when he was pushed on it was a bit surprising.
Well it depends on the exact contents of the NDA. In my previous job NDAs could differ; there are some projects I can give a general gist of what I worked on but no details at all, and others I could also talk about who were involved but not about the project itself. Given that it (seemingly) involves an investment firm, it wouldn't surprise me if he can't talk about the investors. If they've been defined as something like customers, then customer lists are normally one of the earliest things tied up in an NDA.

It just depends on what information they've classed as being protected.
Fair enough. At the very least, they deserve the chance to show what they're about before they're judged so I'm happy to wait and see how it all plays out.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:34 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
jonnycooper wrote:
thebish wrote:
He was linked to another consortium wasn't he? I thought Deano said he wasn't involved at all a few weeks ago? I could be misremembering though.
^^ I think that was the case too...
aye!! The supporters trust said,they had no intention of making a bid for the club!!!! :spank:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:37 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
the king of marbella
aye... bank fraud job... bought companies in trouble and used them to withdraw large sums of cash from the Royal Bank of Scotland just before cheques bounced - which was a bit of a worry! :D

used the cash to live it laaaaarge in Marbella! classy bloke!

he had a personalised swimming pool (like Worthy does)

#fxckmesidewayswithabargepole
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください