Sports Shield - New Owners (Probably)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Sports Shield - New Owners (Probably)

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:43 pm

Disley was involved in a rival bid to sports shield.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:50 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:Wasn't he spotted sat in a directors box with Deano?
Yes. With photo. I didn't know who he was then either...who the fxck is he?
the king of marbella
A crime lord then? Has he been convicted of anything, or like Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi would he pass the Fit & Proper test?
aye... bank fraud job... bought companies in trouble and used them to withdraw large sums of cash from the Royal Bank of Scotland just before cheques bounced - which was a bit of a worry! :D

used the cash to live it laaaaarge in Marbella! classy bloke!

he had a personalised swimming pool (like Worthy does)

Classy bath, where's the pool? :conf:

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Disley was involved in a rival bid to sports shield.
Has iles or Nixon@reluctantsummatorother confirmed this ? Disley is probably Deanos sleeping partner!!Allegedly..

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:53 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote: Yes. With photo. I didn't know who he was then either...who the fxck is he?
the king of marbella
A crime lord then? Has he been convicted of anything, or like Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi would he pass the Fit & Proper test?
aye... bank fraud job... bought companies in trouble and used them to withdraw large sums of cash from the Royal Bank of Scotland just before cheques bounced - which was a bit of a worry! :D

used the cash to live it laaaaarge in Marbella! classy bloke!

he had a personalised swimming pool (like Worthy does)

Classy bath, where's the pool? :conf:
Where are you the king of?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:56 pm

thebish wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Based on nothing more than a hunch I confidently predict this lot are a bunch of shysters and con artists who won't be anywhere near the club (if it still exists) by 2018
the bells... the bells... the bells!!! :D
:D first point we get and you'll be unveiling a statue of Deano
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:58 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
thebish wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:Based on nothing more than a hunch I confidently predict this lot are a bunch of shysters and con artists who won't be anywhere near the club (if it still exists) by 2018
:D first point we get and you'll be unveiling a statue of Deano
:lol:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:00 pm

thebish wrote:
The King of the Panicking Fannies, clearly.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:02 pm

Not sure what to make of the podcast? For 18 minutes he doesn't say alot! I didn't find him particularly entuatstic!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:04 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Where are you the king of?
The Road...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:06 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Where are you the king of?
The Road...
With a better bath than that, I don't think so...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:32 pm

jonnycooper wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Disley was involved in a rival bid to sports shield.
Has iles or Nixon@reluctantsummatorother confirmed this ? Disley is probably Deanos sleeping partner!!Allegedly..
I remember reading he was with that Dennis wotsisname from the isle of man.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:37 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:Not sure what to make of the podcast? For 18 minutes he doesn't say alot! I didn't find him particularly entuatstic!
Wasn't he in the squad on Saturday (entuatstic)!

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:52 pm

Hopefully we,ll have that (new owner bounce)in results and go on a winning streak! Like we did when Lennie came in! Players will (and feckin should)be trying to show their new bosses that they are worth being paid week in week out and put a few shifts in.And Lennon surely is walking a tightrope so needs them to shape up or he,ll be out as well.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:55 pm

All this is bollocks. What I really want to know is are we all going to chant Deano Deano Deano on saturday?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:30 pm

officer_dibble wrote:All this is bollocks. What I really want to know is are we all going to chant Deano Deano Deano on saturday?
Yeah, "Deano, Deano, Deano - we haven't forgotten this, you c*nt" :)

May the bridges I burn light your way

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:20 am

Read that as "Miss Wembley" another bird he banged.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:14 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:All this is bollocks. What I really want to know is are we all going to chant Deano Deano Deano on saturday?
Yeah, "Deano, Deano, Deano - we haven't forgotten this, you c*nt" :)

Lets face it, Madine can do that another six yards closer...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Post by Norpig » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:39 am

Can't say I am overly optomistic about the takeover, yes they stopped us going into Administration, it is what will happen next which worries me. The talk of share options (which I understand to be loans secured against the assets, but maybe wrong) we may never find out the finer points of the deal. Is the Deano group taking over to use the Stadium and Hotel as events weekends which can make money no matter what division you are in or are they here to get us back into the PL exstablish us again and then sell for a profit? These venture capatilists are usually asset strippers as they want to make a quick buck which they are not going to do with Bolton as apart from the ground and Hotel we have no assets (certainly none on the pitch). But they will want to make a profit at some point as they want a return on their money! We will have to wait and see what happens but if they gamble and lose we could be in even more trouble in a couple of years.

I am hoping with an ex player at the helm and Eddie still breathing down their neck they invest in the club and take us back to the glory days of Big Sam!

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:53 am

Norpig wrote:Can't say I am overly optomistic about the takeover, yes they stopped us going into Administration, it is what will happen next which worries me. The talk of share options (which I understand to be loans secured against the assets, but maybe wrong) we may never find out the finer points of the deal. Is the Deano group taking over to use the Stadium and Hotel as events weekends which can make money no matter what division you are in or are they here to get us back into the PL exstablish us again and then sell for a profit? These venture capatilists are usually asset strippers as they want to make a quick buck which they are not going to do with Bolton as apart from the ground and Hotel we have no assets (certainly none on the pitch). But they will want to make a profit at some point as they want a return on their money! We will have to wait and see what happens but if they gamble and lose we could be in even more trouble in a couple of years.

I am hoping with an ex player at the helm and Eddie still breathing down their neck they invest in the club and take us back to the glory days of Big Sam!
I looked up the private equity group that this bloke who's apparently part of the joint venture heads up. They seem to invest amounts of around £.25m (the decimal point is important here) into businesses. They seem to me to be small potatoes, so I don't know how much money they've got to invest. Also worth noting that PE are hardly going to be in it for the love of the club. They'll want to see a return within about 3 years time. As you say, we may continue to exist for a while but I'm not going to get excited just yet.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:01 am

I think caution is correct. However, it appears that sports shield were the only viable option to save the club from admin or extinction.

I listened to DH on the Lion of Vienna podcast this morning (shudder) and on there he is asked if there will be any money available for signings beyond just frees and loans. He gave the usual spiel about not wanting to overpromise or discuss figures but ended by saying "I would like to think there would be".

Also he was asked about how Bolton could ever compete in the championship for promotion given the sums others were spending. His response was along the lines of "you've got to invest".

There aren't many ways they can make money out of this. Only 2 I can see are a) building a stable club with a chance of premiership promotion and selling for a tidy profit b) reaching the premiership themselves.

Beyond that even if they just flogged the players in an asset strip they'd barely make back what they've put in. There may be other fixed assets but I suspect if that was their game they wouldn't have bought us having sold on or secured money against several of our assets already.