Sports Shield - New Owners (Probably)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Sports Shield - New Owners (Probably)

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:27 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:Administration next month unless Ken & Dean can strike a deal.
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... room_deal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Waiting for PT to come and tell me the fall out is all in my imagination and Iles was making it all up in the summer......

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:Administration next month unless Ken & Dean can strike a deal.
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... room_deal/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Waiting for PT to come and tell me the fall out is all in my imagination and Iles was making it all up in the summer......
Would you rather be right or happy?

From where I sit, this looks like a naked publicity stunt from Ken to shunt blame onto Deano – even though he says "If I don't put the money in, or Dean, then the club won't get to the end of next month."

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:02 pm

UPDATE: Ken's now claiming a deal has been struck. See same link.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:21 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Would you rather be right or happy?

From where I sit, this looks like a naked publicity stunt from Ken to shunt blame onto Deano – even though he says "If I don't put the money in, or Dean, then the club won't get to the end of next month."
I think I'll be both. Am sure like you say this is a negotiating tactic. And Ken will sort it, whatever that means. Though the long term viability of our ownership is once again brought into question here. Presumably we still need considerable amounts of cash to cover operating costs monthly....how long does any deal between KA and Deano give us before the issue rears its ugly head again?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:00 pm

Suspect Deano doesn't have enough to cover his share and Ken wont cover it unless he gets a greater share/complete ownership. Otherwise Ken buying Deano out would leave him less money to cover the outgoings.

Either way the plan approved by the EFL to see us through the season (and next?) was complete bollocks.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Why does it have to be a fall out ?, business is business - I may be wrong but reading between the lines it sounds like KA has the required money to invest, but it seems that DH doesn't so if DH can't match KA's further investment, then KA wants DH out or wants to buy DH's shareholding, which to be honest is fair enough.

If KA is the only one prepared to put in the required additional funds then I can understand him wanting DH's shareholding....and DH should understand that if he hasn't got any more money.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:21 pm

Feels like this could be a recurring issue. Fundamentally they are both not wealthy enough to cover the financial risks at a club like this. If they can't resolve things I could see us selling Clough to stave off administration till the summer. If they could get through this particular disagreement, there might never be an issue. We just need one signing in January (a striker) to be likely to get promoted and income would increase, and with high most of our highest earners due to end their contracts this summer, costs could be managed, and the team even improved to be competitive in the championship. Then there would be time to find extra investment also...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:31 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:Feels like this could be a recurring issue. Fundamentally they are both not wealthy enough to cover the financial risks at a club like this. If they can't resolve things I could see us selling Clough to stave off administration till the summer. If they could get through this particular disagreement, there might never be an issue. We just need one signing in January (a striker) to be likely to get promoted and income would increase, and with high most of our highest earners due to end their contracts this summer, costs could be managed, and the team even improved to be competitive in the championship. Then there would be time to find extra investment also...
I wish I shared your optimism! This has been coming all along. An enthusiastic amateur and an agent who was considered unfit to be a director. Add in the constant lies and misinformation and it's not in the least bit surprising, although I don't see the point of guessing who's got what and who's to blame as I don't have a clue.
It does sound like DSB says in terms of KA trying to publically blame/bully DH into an agreement.
Essentially we know nothing, which is why the ST have been quite right to keep pushing for answers, whatever you might think of them.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:36 pm

If selling players was our only income option to stave off Admin, we'd need to flog £8m worth of players to get to the start of next season. That won't happen
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:10 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Why does it have to be a fall out ?, business is business - I may be wrong but reading between the lines it sounds like KA has the required money to invest, but it seems that DH doesn't so if DH can't match KA's further investment, then KA wants DH out or wants to buy DH's shareholding, which to be honest is fair enough.

If KA is the only one prepared to put in the required additional funds then I can understand him wanting DH's shareholding....and DH should understand that if he hasn't got any more money.
Read Marc Iles Twitter. He has quotes from Deano. And an article tomorrow about the fall out.

They've fallen out. As was reported in the summer. Widely.

Oh and Lee Anderson is throughly endorsing Marc Iles. Telling fans he is honestly reporting events and for everyone to watch his Twitter.

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:13 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Read Marc Iles Twitter. He has quotes from Deano. And an article tomorrow about the fall out.

They've fallen out. As was reported in the summer. Widely.

Oh and Lee Anderson is throughly endorsing Marc Iles. Telling fans he is honestly reporting events and for everyone to watch his Twitter.
Are Bolton the football version of UKIP? Any gobby scousers out there with a wad of cash? Even better if it's legit.

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:17 pm

boltonboris wrote:If selling players was our only income option to stave off Admin, we'd need to flog £8m worth of players to get to the start of next season. That won't happen
Not sure we are losing £1m a month these days. That was last season, but the wage bill and costs were cut substantially when KA/DH took over, and in the summer. And the point of staving off administration would be to avoid the 10 point penalty and see this season out i.e. get to May. Without a penalty we are very likely to make the play offs as a minimum, even without Clough from January, though it would weaken us drastically.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:18 pm

Football club ownership is almost all about ego. Unless Ken is simply leveraging the situation by screwing Deano over the cost of his share, it seems neither of these two has sufficient trouser to cover the cost.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:19 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Football club ownership is almost all about ego. Unless Ken is simply leveraging the situation by screwing Deano over the cost of his share, it seems neither of these two has sufficient trouser to cover the cost.
Your unless seems pretty likely to me.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:39 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:Feels like this could be a recurring issue. Fundamentally they are both not wealthy enough to cover the financial risks at a club like this. If they can't resolve things I could see us selling Clough to stave off administration till the summer. If they could get through this particular disagreement, there might never be an issue. We just need one signing in January (a striker) to be likely to get promoted and income would increase, and with high most of our highest earners due to end their contracts this summer, costs could be managed, and the team even improved to be competitive in the championship. Then there would be time to find extra investment also...
I wish I shared your optimism! This has been coming all along. An enthusiastic amateur and an agent who was considered unfit to be a director. Add in the constant lies and misinformation and it's not in the least bit surprising, although I don't see the point of guessing who's got what and who's to blame as I don't have a clue.
It does sound like DSB says in terms of KA trying to publically blame/bully DH into an agreement.
Essentially we know nothing, which is why the ST have been quite right to keep pushing for answers, whatever you might think of them.
This.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:49 pm

Iles tweets:
Just spoke to DH, who says no deal yet finalised. But added: "I can't let it get to the stage where people's jobs are under threat."
He added: "I do not want to leave. But this is not about me winning or losing. Club belongs to fans. We will see what happens."

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:29 pm

I'm not as pessimistic as some. Anderson has so far delivered well, he's not come in here to walk away having lost money. So I'm positive he feels he can fund the club until he brings in further investment or sell it on.

I think the issue all along has been that the deal between himself and Deano was last minute and it sounds like Ken brought his cash on his own terms and Deano didn't like it. Or perhaps Deano simply was planning on running the club on fumes and Ken had other ideas and wanted to cut him out.

The fact we've functioned with a boardroom war going on and managed to do what we have is quite remarkable. Hopefully they sort it out. I feel Deano will have to back down here. Ken has probably like he did with the negotiation for Parkinson, played a blinder.

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:32 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:I'm not as pessimistic as some. Anderson has so far delivered well, he's not come in here to walk away having lost money. So I'm positive he feels he can fund the club until he brings in further investment or sell it on.

I think the issue all along has been that the deal between himself and Deano was last minute and it sounds like Ken brought his cash on his own terms and Deano didn't like it. Or perhaps Deano simply was planning on running the club on fumes and Ken had other ideas and wanted to cut him out.

The fact we've functioned with a boardroom war going on and managed to do what we have is quite remarkable. Hopefully they sort it out. I feel Deano will have to back down here. Ken has probably like he did with the negotiation for Parkinson, played a blinder.
I'm in on this way of thinking.

Too many are too quick to jump to conclusions and think that Anderson hasn't got the club at heart.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:38 pm

DJBlu wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:I'm not as pessimistic as some. Anderson has so far delivered well, he's not come in here to walk away having lost money. So I'm positive he feels he can fund the club until he brings in further investment or sell it on.

Too many are too quick to jump to conclusions and think that Anderson hasn't got the club at heart.
I don't think for a minute that he's got the club at heart. I expect he has his bank balance at heart, which is fine because to improve it he'll have to improve the club. The question is whether he's playing financial games and gambling the stability of the club.Can't say either way, but we'll find out if he is and loses.
Negotiating for a manager or player loan deals is his bread and butter and he played a blinder as BWFCi says, but there's a lot more than that about running a club in a stable long-term way and we have no idea how capable he is of that.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:43 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
DJBlu wrote:

I don't think for a minute that he's got the club at heart. I expect he has his bank balance at heart, which is fine because to improve it he'll have to improve the club. The question is whether he's playing financial games and gambling the stability of the club.Can't say either way, but we'll find out if he is and loses.
Negotiating for a manager or player loan deals is his bread and butter and he played a blinder as BWFCi says, but there's a lot more than that about running a club in a stable long-term way and we have no idea how capable he is of that.
Agree. But then I'm not sure he intends to fund it long. I'm positive he has some investors lined up somewhere along the line.