Reasons To Be Cheerful (Tier 3)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Reasons To Be Cheerful (Tier 3)

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:10 am

It's looking like we're domed so to keep our peckers up, what do we have to look forward to next season?

Personally, if Crewe can stay up, I live about three miles away so can stumble home after.

Looking at the League 1 table, if it stays like it is, Port Vale isn't far for me, together with Shrewsbury.

Then, going from Bolton; Fleetwood, Blackpool, The Bucketman...

To use a Coylism, can we take any positives from relegation?
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Reasons To Be Cheerful (Tier 3)

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:37 am

Burton almost certainly and Barnsley possibly might escape upwards and Doncaster might slip downwards, but that still leaves me with a couple of 'home' games that are much closer to me than Bolton: Chesterfield being practically on my doorstep, Sheffield United in easy travelling distance. I've never been to Port Vale - tell the truth I don't know where it is, but I've a sneaking suspicion it's somewhere near Stoke. If it's east of Stoke/Newcastle then that'll be another, if it's west than forgeddaboutit, it's a nightmare travelling through that conurbation.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:40 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Burton almost certainly and Barnsley possibly might escape upwards and Doncaster might slip downwards, but that still leaves me with a couple of 'home' games that are much closer to me than Bolton: Chesterfield being practically on my doorstep, Sheffield United in easy travelling distance. I've never been to Port Vale - tell the truth I don't know where it is, but I've a sneaking suspicion it's somewhere near Stoke. If it's east of Stoke/Newcastle then that'll be another, if it's west than forgeddaboutit, it's a nightmare travelling through that conurbation.

Port Vale is, indeed, near Stoke.

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:44 am

No.

With one exception; it will allow the club to have a decent clearout of the dross, principally the manager and his mates. Some of the useless hangers on on big money will still be here contributing bugger-all as usual.

I want a hard disciplinarian to be appointed as the manager and a hard man brought in as club captain. Someone who can kick the non-triers from arsehole to breakfast time. I would make sure they know they are the main reason for the clubs decline. Making sure life is made as uncomfortable as possible for the pricks who have been taking our money and giving nothing in return. Perhaps erect stocks outside the main entrance and invite supporters,visitors and passers-by to throw rotten fruit and vegetables at each held captive there. It might not help in the overall scheme of things but it would be very, very satisfying.

Oh well, a man can dream.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:50 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Burton almost certainly and Barnsley possibly might escape upwards and Doncaster might slip downwards, but that still leaves me with a couple of 'home' games that are much closer to me than Bolton: Chesterfield being practically on my doorstep, Sheffield United in easy travelling distance. I've never been to Port Vale - tell the truth I don't know where it is, but I've a sneaking suspicion it's somewhere near Stoke. If it's east of Stoke/Newcastle then that'll be another, if it's west than forgeddaboutit, it's a nightmare travelling through that conurbation.

east or west, do you know?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:52 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Never mind, just googled it. it looks to be north of Stoke/Newcastle, this side of Kidsgrove off the Leek road, so that'll be a new one for me. Yahhay! :pissed:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:11 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Never mind, just googled it. it looks to be north of Stoke/Newcastle, this side of Kidsgrove off the Leek road, so that'll be a new one for me. Yahhay! :pissed:

Yeah, sorry. Just seen this.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:13 am

We're fooked on pre season matches - they'll all be in the same division as us.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:14 am

As I posted on the match thread: Pleasingly northern, next season's third tier. Could include Barnsley, Coventry, Bradford, Port Vale, Sheff Utd, Rochdale, Bury, Scunny, Chesterfield, Fleetwood, Doncaster; one of Blackpool and Oldham or possibly Crewe might stay up; Accrington are top of the League Two play-offs and trying to catch the automatic promotion slots; and Rotherham might come down with us.

What else? Well, theoretically, the third tier is a less demanding level at which to introduce the youth products. Obviously we have to have a manager willing to do so, but it's a possible model: you won't get a Clough or a Nolan every year, but it's far less outlandish to expect a third-tier player. There's a number of our ex-Academy lads bumping about the lower two divisions, and I do believe the output is getting better rather than worse.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:17 am

Football Manager will be more fun.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:35 am

bedwetter2 wrote:No.

With one exception; it will allow the club to have a decent clearout of the dross, principally the manager and his mates. Some of the useless hangers on on big money will still be here contributing bugger-all as usual.

I want a hard disciplinarian to be appointed as the manager and a hard man brought in as club captain. Someone who can kick the non-triers from arsehole to breakfast time. I would make sure they know they are the main reason for the clubs decline. Making sure life is made as uncomfortable as possible for the pricks who have been taking our money and giving nothing in return. Perhaps erect stocks outside the main entrance and invite supporters,visitors and passers-by to throw rotten fruit and vegetables at each held captive there. It might not help in the overall scheme of things but it would be very, very satisfying.

Oh well, a man can dream.
You seen my application? :shock:

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:57 am

Well I can walk to Fleetwoods ground and I,ll have done every side in there!! Yippee! Never been in the away end,it's an old style away stand,a bit like our Lever end,only smaller. :pissed:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:10 pm

There's only going to be about 2 London games. No TV. Shite.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:48 pm

Prufrock wrote:There's only going to be about 2 London games. No TV. Shite.
London teams? There might be none at all, unless AFC Dons come up through the play-offs (they’re 7th, ahead of KevinNolansOrient on goal difference).

As it stands, the only southern teams set to be in next year's third tier are Gillingham, Millwall, Southend, Swindon and Peterborough. And the first two of those are chasing promotion. And I hope Gillingham get automatic, because (1) I've been there (2) it's shit (3) that probably means they've overhauled Wigan.

At least we’ll have promoted Northampton (currently 21 points ahead of the playoff pack) and Oxford, but there’s no way I’m going to pissing Plymouth.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:51 pm

Cock, I thought Orient were League 1.

Oh well, we'll always have Charlton.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:52 pm

Prufrock wrote:Cock, I thought Orient were League 1.

Oh well, we'll always have Charlton.
Oh aye, forgot about them. A ground I've been to half a dozen times too many, but will be forced to attend again through starvation of alternatives.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:54 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote: but there’s no way I’m going to pissing Plymouth.
Not even Plymouth Wanderer is in Plymouth any more...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:30 pm

I'm going to start a rival Tier 8 thread in case we do a Rangers.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:13 pm

LeverEnd wrote:I'm going to start a rival Tier 8 thread in case we do a Rangers.

There'll be tiers before bedtime...
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:26 pm

Reason to be cheerful ... It'll be easier getting off the Car Park next season !!
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion