Reasons To Be Cheerful (Tier 3)

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Reasons To Be Cheerful (Tier 3)

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:50 pm

I'm happy in so far as that you did exactly as I predicted and managed to come back with another version of events even though the facts were laid out right in front of you, yeah.

But whatever. I guess that when you clearly said higher LEVEL you secretly meant higher LEAGUE. Fairy nuff.
Businesswoman of the year.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:25 pm

If we agree you both win, will it stop? :D

Whatever BWFCi wrote/meant, I'm not sure being proven at a higher level is relevant anyway. I have no idea how Mourinho and Guardiola would do if in charge of Scunthorpe and Shrewsbury, or how fast Lewis Hamilton could take a Ford Cortina round the ring road, but I would assume they wouldn't be as far superior as their reputation might suggest.

For me, Lennon had certainly proven himself in Scotland, which is a limited achievement not exactly comparable to Championship level, and had one or two great results in the Champions League, which isn't applicable either. (I guess his draw for us at Anfield is the closest analogue.)

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:28 pm

You mean Bogdan's draw at Anfield?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:33 pm

Enoch wrote:You mean Bogdan's draw at Anfield?
Hey, we're all in it together. And it persuaded our hero that a back three was the future. :D

"I can smile about it now but at the time it was terrible"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:56 pm

I agree with both of them and DSB and Enoch.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:29 pm

back to "Reasons To Be Cheerful (Tier 3)". Care to guess how many league games it took last season to get our third win?

(Note: I may forget to answer. If so, sorry)

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:43 pm

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:45 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:back to "Reasons To Be Cheerful (Tier 3)". Care to guess how many league games it took last season to get our third win?

How will we know if you've forgot (rather than just not answered yet) - we could arrange a reminder.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:53 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:back to "Reasons To Be Cheerful (Tier 3)". Care to guess how many league games it took last season to get our third win?

How will we know if you've forgot (rather than just not answered yet) - we could arrange a reminder.
I daresay I'll be on later

But jmhjb's got it right off the bat so never mind...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:43 pm

Worthy4England wrote:I agree with both of them and DSB and Enoch.

I agree with both of them and DSB - but NOT Enoch... that's a step too far...

anyway - first Bruce and BWFCi - now CrazyHorse and BWFCi - I've been well and truly knocked of the tedious fecker of TW Forum medal-podium! b'stards! 8)

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:46 pm

thebish wrote:

anyway - first Bruce and BWFCi - now CrazyHorse and BWFCi - I've been well and truly knocked of the tedious fecker of TW Forum medal-podium! b'stards! 8)
Oh. I don't know about that. :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:48 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
thebish wrote:

Oh. I don't know about that. :wink:

oh... I forgot about you!! (note to self - must try harder!) :wink:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:26 pm

Megson was proven at a higher level of c*ntishness, if that helps the discussion along at all?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:51 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

I daresay I'll be on later

But jmhjb's got it right off the bat so never mind...
The Wikipedia page was very useful... :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:58 pm

thebish wrote:first Bruce and BWFCi - now CrazyHorse and BWFCi - I've been well and truly knocked of the tedious fecker of TW Forum medal-podium!

YAAAAAAWN!
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:24 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:first Bruce and BWFCi - now CrazyHorse and BWFCi - I've been well and truly knocked of the tedious fecker of TW Forum medal-podium!

YAAAAAAWN!
:D

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:52 am

Beginning to enjoy reading quotes from David Wheater. If they're all this happy but determined, we might be alright.
Big Dave said, [i][url=http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/14698530.Parky_will_keep_up_his_pursuit_of_perfection/]BN[/url][/i] wrote:I like shouting at Speo (Jay Spearing) and telling him where to go – the only trouble is he shouts back. I won’t say what words he uses because you can’t print them. He does a tremendous job and keeps us ticking over. The whole team is playing well but he’s really enjoying the job the gaffer has given him. We’re working hard for each other, and believe me it’s hard work, but you can see the whole team is playing well together.

I thought Mark Howard was about 35 but it turns out he’s younger than me! He’s a good keeper and a top lad – very good with his feet. So far it’s been brilliant to work with him.

I never felt like I had left – but I was definitely out at one point. At one stage I definitely wasn’t employed by the club and looking at what was around. There were clubs interested and I had managers calling me up for a chat but it came down to family. I’ve got a two-year-old, Olivia, in nursery and she loves it, and a new baby boy, Arthur, over the summer. At the end of the day, that’s all I care about. I’m not someone who wastes money – I don’t gamble or smoke, I have the occasional night out… you’ve seen the pictures. But money isn’t the be-all and end-all for me. So when the manager pulled me to say there was a chance to stay, once I’d got off the floor, I was glad to stay.
Same piece, PP:
There’s always something you can work on. The minute as a coaching staff you walk away and say ‘I don’t need to watch the video back, we were great’ you are in trouble. We’ve got a full week to aim at now, which is very important and, of course, there are things I’ll examine and look to improve. There’s still a lot more we can get out of this group of players.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:56 am

throwawayboltonian wrote:Yeah Wheater has always seemed a stand up, fairly sensible guy in his interviews and statements - except for his minor lapse in professionalism last year(?). I've always been quite critical of his ability, but he seems to be doing a good job at this level despite my concerns about his overall mobility, and he seems a good chap.

The squad appear to be happy and determined, but they did under Lennon for the first few months, so the jury is still out overall but absolutely delighted that we're top of the table with 4 wins out of 4. Encouraging signs at the very least.
That is the only nagging doubt. We've seen responses from players for new managers before then they have reverted backwards. Hopefully not this time.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:25 pm

Max Clayton's operation appears to have gone well. Hopefully the end of his injury nightmares.

Max Clayton ‏@MaxJClayton 9h9 hours ago Nantwich, England
Minor operation a complete success! Can't wait to be back on the pitch in a matter of weeks! #UpTheTrotters #topoftheleague @OfficialBWFC
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:52 pm

malcd1 wrote:Max Clayton's operation appears to have gone well. Hopefully the end of his injury nightmares.

Max Clayton ‏@MaxJClayton 9h9 hours ago Nantwich, England
Minor operation a complete success! Can't wait to be back on the pitch in a matter of weeks! #UpTheTrotters #topoftheleague @OfficialBWFC
Sounds promising. Hope to see him back soon