Shut the Gate, our horse has bolted - Bristol C (A) 19/03/16

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Shut the Gate, our horse has bolted - Bristol C (A) 19/0

Post by twilight » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:45 am

I've switched off from this lot now, they're embarassing. Not fit to wear the shirt etc!! I'm going to shut off from them and waith to see what happens in the Summer and next season. They can all sod off :evil:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:33 am

On the subject of rachubka, I doubt there's a worse keeper in the football league. Amos is shit but this guy takes the biscuit. He played 6 games for Leeds when lonergan was injured. He didn't impress.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:35 am

TonyDomingos wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:Hmm. Seems my arrival in the UK coincided with a 6 nil drubbing. I might have to bugger off back to the desert :(
Boo! Twin out! Fetch the bedsheets & pitchforks. :D
Take your time please, I'm staying in a cottage with a dreamy view and a pub 1 minutes walk away :mrgreen:

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:19 pm

I watched this via the rather crappy stream. It's probably the worst performance I've ever seen from a Boltin side. Watch Moxey's body language before the fourth goes in. He's clearly given up. The senior pros should hang their heads in shame, but so should JP. Every Bolton fan who watched the Preston away game knows Deryck can't play at right back. So why put him there with no one in front of him??!

First half tactics seemed to be "Lump it up to Madine" with the half time team talk ignoring the fact he was covered by two 6'3 centre backs. Utter feckin shambles. I'm embarrassed. Roll on next season. That aside, Bristol were superb. How on earth are they not mid table at least? ?
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:47 pm

LeverEnd wrote:On the subject of rachubka, I doubt there's a worse keeper in the football league. Amos is shit but this guy takes the biscuit. He played 6 games for Leeds when lonergan was injured. He didn't impress.

:lol:

That's the best arthouse short I've ever seen.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:47 pm

Haha! Might have a go st making one myself I'm so inspired.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:43 pm

Pretty savage stuff in Marc Iles match ratings.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... nderers_0/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hard to argue with. Mostly I'm apathetic about this team.

But when I think about what Mark Davies gets paid, the fact that we know he has the ability to run a game at even premiership level when he fancies it and the fact that this season he hasn't just been poor, he's been cowardly, spineless and utterly soft it is hard not to be angry.

I don't think Davies should ever pull on the BWFC shirt again. He epitomises exactly the problems we've had since losing 5-0 to Stoke.

Too soft, too lazy, too spineless. And getting picked week in week out despite offering nothing on a fat salary.

He's the poster boy for me for our malaise.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:06 pm

Given Feeney wasn't playing, I wonder how the knob head front will allocate their weekly -1,000,000 score...

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:13 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Given Feeney wasn't playing, I wonder how the knob head front will allocate their weekly -1,000,000 score...
They'll still blame Feeney. This time for running out on us and leaving us without our best performer, just when we needed him most. What a w@nker!

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Pretty savage stuff in Marc Iles match ratings.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... nderers_0/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When the report first went up they all had a zero rating except for Woolery and Silva. Silva only got his mark for saying sorry on social media.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:03 pm

Worthy4England wrote:Given Feeney wasn't playing, I wonder how the knob head front will allocate their weekly -1,000,000 score...
I reckon they'll blame Mavies now :wink:

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:07 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
I reckon they'll blame Mavies now :wink:
As LE suggests, I suspect Rachubka might be the latest whipping boy: in his last five games, the opposition have had 22 shots on target; 14 have gone in. In other words, he saves just one in three shots. :shock:
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:12 pm

Mind, after yesterday, they can't grumble about lack of choice. Just amazes me how, out of a team that's playing crap from front to back, they manage to find one player, often not the shittest or the furthest below their capability...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:40 pm

Feeney was limited but a trier. He produced a good number of assists and goals.

Mark Davies has all the talent in the world but can't be arsed and has produced nowt.

That is the distinction.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:44 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Feeney was limited but a trier. He produced a good number of assists and goals.

Mark Davies has all the talent in the world but can't be arsed and has produced nowt.

That is the distinction.
Agree. But gets s bizarrely easy ride from the nobhead fans. Not that I want to see any Bolton player victimised, but it does demonstrate the stupidity of the sheeplike boo boys.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:12 pm

But why pick on any one player when it's obvious the entire team isn't good enough? It's not an issue of individuals. It's not even an issue of effort. No footballers on earth would choose to be as bad as ours are because they just can't be bothered.

But whatever, add Mavies to the shoeing list. At least he's only small.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:01 am

Tombwfc wrote:But why pick on any one player when it's obvious the entire team isn't good enough? It's not an issue of individuals. It's not even an issue of effort. No footballers on earth would choose to be as bad as ours are because they just can't be bothered.

But whatever, add Mavies to the shoeing list. At least he's only small.
I don't accept that Mark Davies isn't good enough. He has the talent, he's shown it before. His attitude is the problem.

That's what sticks in the throat. Not someone giving their all but not being good enough. But a player who has previously shone at he highest level not putting in a performance all season at the bottom of the championship.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:13 am

Also I'm not sure I subscribe to the theory that the players as a whole aren't good enough.

We have more than enough players who have had very solid seasons in this league or even higher in the past.

Up front is the weak department. Though Madine may have been more use if he'd applied himself rather than sulking his way along.

But Moxey, Wilson, Dervite, Trotter, Pratley, Spearing, Feeney, Wheater, Davies... Surely there is enough there to suggest better than 4 wins. With a few youngsters added in. On paper at the very least that is better than bottom in my view.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:30 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Feeney was limited but a trier. He produced a good number of assists and goals.

That is the distinction.
Mark Davies could a decent player - but, c'mon - he does NOT have all the talent in the world!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:05 am

throwawayboltonian wrote:Well that was fecking abysmal. There seems to be an endemic lack of effort amongst players at the club, and if that was what Lennon had to deal with then I think even with his record he's quite possibly done alright. No heart, no desire, no passion. I genuinely can't wait to be relegated now so we can get rid of most of the senior players even if it does mean the lower leagues; but then that leaves us with the younger lot who I'm still not sure can cut it quite yet. For weeks fans have been clamouring for the youth to be played, and some made a start today and were absolutely atrocious. Maybe Lennon, and even Dougie, was right when he said that they're still too raw and not yet ready for first team action. I also think Phillips showed woeful inexperience with his selection and tactics.
BWFC_Insane wrote:Also I'm not sure I subscribe to the theory that the players as a whole aren't good enough.

We have more than enough players who have had very solid seasons in this league or even higher in the past.

Up front is the weak department. Though Madine may have been more use if he'd applied himself rather than sulking his way along.

But Moxey, Wilson, Dervite, Trotter, Pratley, Spearing, Feeney, Wheater, Davies... Surely there is enough there to suggest better than 4 wins. With a few youngsters added in. On paper at the very least that is better than bottom in my view.
Yes but "on paper" counts for f'kall, it's performances and form that count. These players, this team, have been consistently shite for at least a season, in some cases multiple seasons now, so I'm not sure why people think that we're entitled to finish higher. Some just happened to have been less shite for brief periods (e.g. Spearing), and one or two consistently average (e.g. Feeney). If we were good enough to stay up, we wouldn't be where we are now. Some of those players listed won't be the first players to have played at a high level and then deteriorated, and they certainly won't be the last. Whether it's down to form, mental weakness, lack of effort, tactics, or a combination of them all we're where we are because we haven't played well enough.
Totally agree, we have't been good enough. But I think it too simplistic to say the players we have simply "aren't good enough". Some aren't but we have enough here with relatively reasonable history elsewhere to suggest we should be doing better. As you say this is a recurring pattern year on year. So Dean Holdsworth probably needs to understand why we have been underperforming and try and address the reasons behind it.