Lennon gone - official

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 17173
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Lennon gone - official

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:10 pm

http://www.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/club ... 08688.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bolton Wanderers announce that Neil Lennon has left the club by mutual consent
Bolton Wanderers can announce that the club have today, Tuesday 15 March, parted company with manager Neil Lennon by mutual consent.

All at Bolton Wanderers would like to thank Neil for his contributions during his time at the club.

Academy manager Jimmy Phillips will take charge of the first team on an interim basis.

User avatar
Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 17173
Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Hanging on in quiet desperation
Contact:

Re: Lennon gone - official

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:12 pm

I want it noted that I got that posted before Marc Iles managed a four-word tweet :D

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3957
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:32 am
Location: Westhoughton

Re: Lennon gone - official

Post by ChrisC » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:14 pm

I am liking the new owners already. No feckin about.

Feel a tad sorry for Lennon and had high hopes when he came in. No excuse for his record and poor tactics though.

Enoch
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4173
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: The Garden of England.

Re: Lennon gone - official

Post by Enoch » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:15 pm

Insano having a poo?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25843
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Lennon gone - official

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:16 pm

Knew this would happen. Holdsworth was open about not rating Lennon welll before the takeover happened.

It is the right decision. Timing a bit odd, but shows some serious intent as I assume they've found the money to pay him off.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 3957
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:32 am
Location: Westhoughton

Re: Lennon gone - official

Post by ChrisC » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:17 pm

JP takes over in the meantime. Doesn't look like we have anyone lined up.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20001
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: Lennon gone - official

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:19 pm

Didn't think we'd be getting shot until the summer. I'm guessing either: it isn't true that he'd be cheaper to sack in the summer, or the rumours he's pissing off the players we'd rather keep are true.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

User avatar
Little Green Man
Icon
Icon
Posts: 4462
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:34 pm
Location: Justin Edinburgh

Re: Lennon gone - official

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:19 pm

Crikey, I thought they'd have to wait till the end of the season to pull the rug.

SS must be feeling flush.

Loyal White
Promising
Promising
Posts: 381
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:18 pm
Location: Bolton

Re: Lennon gone - official

Post by Loyal White » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:20 pm

The fans didn't want him here.
The players didn't want him here.
He didn't want to be here.

Glad we've not fecked about.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35818
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Lennon gone - official

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:23 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Knew this would happen. Holdsworth was open about not rating Lennon welll before the takeover happened.
Was he now? And where was this then? Because all I heard Holdsworth come out with was that he likes(d) Lennon
May the bridges I burn light your way

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate
Posts: 2852
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 pm
Location: Bury

Re: Lennon gone - official

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:26 pm

Thank feck for that!!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25843
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Lennon gone - official

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:26 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Knew this would happen. Holdsworth was open about not rating Lennon welll before the takeover happened.
Was he now? And where was this then? Because all I heard Holdsworth come out with was that he likes(d) Lennon
Open to fans who talked to him when he was around the club during the months of negotiations.

Clearly in public he had to maintain a professional veneer. But his quotes were very clearly laced with "no promises" "he has a good squad" etc etc.

The warnings were there and clear.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38462
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Lennon gone - official

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:27 pm

Five minutes before hearing this news I was reading how N.L wanted to stay on and turn things round. I just hope we can do that one way or another, but I'm not sure this is quite the right time to be making a decision like this? I'll happily be wrong....
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38462
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Re: Lennon gone - official

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:33 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Five minutes before hearing this news I was reading how N.L wanted to stay on and turn things round. I just hope we can do that one way or another, but I'm not sure this is quite the right time to be making a decision like this? I'll happily be wrong....
He'll probably go on and get the Notts Forest job and win the UEFA Cup or something.... :|
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Jugs
Dedicated
Dedicated
Posts: 1948
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:31 pm
Location: On a shelf

Re: Lennon gone - official

Post by Jugs » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:35 pm

Iles retweeted you DSB!

Time for Lennon to go. Another dire chapter in BWFC's history has been closed, but maybe an even darker one is about to open, who knows :P

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25843
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Lennon gone - official

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:36 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Five minutes before hearing this news I was reading how N.L wanted to stay on and turn things round. I just hope we can do that one way or another, but I'm not sure this is quite the right time to be making a decision like this? I'll happily be wrong....
He's been terrible. Fallen out with half the players. Some of the younger players we would like to keep couldn't stand him so may have made keeping them harder.

It is the only possible decision. We've won 4 games all season.

4 games. Preston a side with no stars, no big names, show how, if well managed you can be greater than the sum of your parts.

We always have looked far less than the sum of ours.

Good riddance.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7158
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: Lennon gone - official

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:39 pm

I wonder if it's a Megson type arrangement - keep paying him until the summer but keep him away from the gaffe. If we couldn't afford the Spearing clause I can't see how we could pay him off fully
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

officer_dibble
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8504
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:33 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Lennon gone - official

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:40 pm

Good news. Nice and quick.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35818
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: Lennon gone - official

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Knew this would happen. Holdsworth was open about not rating Lennon welll before the takeover happened.
Was he now? And where was this then? Because all I heard Holdsworth come out with was that he likes(d) Lennon
Open to fans who talked to him when he was around the club during the months of negotiations.

Clearly in public he had to maintain a professional veneer. But his quotes were very clearly laced with "no promises" "he has a good squad" etc etc.

The warnings were there and clear.
Not open at all then. Thought so.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25843
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: Lennon gone - official

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:56 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Knew this would happen. Holdsworth was open about not rating Lennon welll before the takeover happened.
Was he now? And where was this then? Because all I heard Holdsworth come out with was that he likes(d) Lennon
Open to fans who talked to him when he was around the club during the months of negotiations.

Clearly in public he had to maintain a professional veneer. But his quotes were very clearly laced with "no promises" "he has a good squad" etc etc.

The warnings were there and clear.
Not open at all then. Thought so.
Open would mean openly airing his thoughts prior to the takeover when people asked him.

It doesn't mean publically stating them through news channels or in an official capacity.

So yes, open.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests