Which muppet can we appoint next?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Which muppet can we appoint next?

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:01 pm

I would suggest our minimum standard has plummeted sufficiently to encompass the skill set of that particular list of shame....

...said the official BWFC twitter feed. Probably.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:08 am

Well Nobby Nolan has just left Orient so cue lots of Twittering about the 'dream team' of him and Sunbed.

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:05 am

Ken Anderson quotes from this morning (https://twitter.com/OfficialBWFC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;):
I've given my word there will be no redundancies for at least a month as we look where we are.
We've had over 50 applicants for the manager's job. High-quality people have applied who I may not have expected to apply.
One of them said he would walk to Bolton to get the job. That was very encouraging and pleasing to hear.
^^ Doesn't sound like a sustainable long-term solution for said manager.

And the big one...
We've got three candidates left for the managerial position. Hopefully people will be very happy with who we choose to appoint.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:08 am

We're looking here, we're looking there, we've had shedloads of applicants, we've spoken to Mark Curtis, look, it's Gary Megson...

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:18 am

Very early days, but I quite like what Ken Anderson has said this morning....talk is cheap, but's its a step in the right direction IMO, much more openness and communication with the supporters.

We've heard more from the chairman this morning than we've had in the past 5 years from the previous one !

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:25 am

Peter Thompson wrote:Very early days, but I quite like what Ken Anderson has said this morning....talk is cheap, but's its a step in the right direction IMO, much more openness and communication with the supporters.

We've heard more from the chairman this morning than we've had in the past 5 years from the previous one !
Has he actually said anything meaningful though? I'm sure we had quotes from PG about lots of applicants in the past.

I do want better communication but that can only be judged over time. In the short term so far I think KA has put a lot of fairly generic stuff out there without really outlining plans or the situation in any detail. To be fair though I'm only going off brief twitter quotes, perhaps there is more meat on the bones when we see full interviews later on.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:30 am

I reckon it'll be madman Nige Pearson. Just a hunch.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:34 am

throwawayboltonian wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:I reckon it'll be madman Nige Pearson. Just a hunch.
Doubt it; he's linked with the Villa job. Also proven at higher levels and likely more than we can afford. Wouldn't say no mind, as much as I dislike his personality, but it's as likely as Big Sam.
Don't exaggerate.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:37 am

Worthy4England wrote:We're looking here, we're looking there, we've had shedloads of applicants, we've spoken to Mark Curtis, look, it's Gary Megson...
Not funny, not even remotely :evil:

Very sad to say though that Megson is the best manager we've had since 2007 :shock:

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:10 pm

Nolan is leaving his new manor after just 3 months. Player coach under someone with experience?
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:06 pm

He might fancy another crack at management? Not what I want here. Anyway I see he's not on the shortlist.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:58 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Nolan is leaving his new manor after just 3 months. Player coach under someone with experience?
According to the bbc, he was player manager, but is being relieved of his managerial responsibilities so he can focus on playing. He's under contract for another couple of years.
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36026883" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:04 pm

officer_dibble wrote:He might fancy another crack at management? Not what I want here. Anyway I see he's not on the shortlist.
have we seen the shortlist?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:05 pm

thebish wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:He might fancy another crack at management? Not what I want here. Anyway I see he's not on the shortlist.
Marc Iles tweeted that neither Nolan nor Browny had applied.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:10 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
thebish wrote:
ahh - missed that in all the excitement...

I'm a bit surprised that we have it so narrowed down at this stage - but I guess folk would be moaning if we didn't get on and appoint someone... maybe we're trying to get someone on board before they all toddle off on holiday...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:29 pm

thebish wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
thebish wrote:
ahh - missed that in all the excitement...

I'm a bit surprised that we have it so narrowed down at this stage - but I guess folk would be moaning if we didn't get on and appoint someone... maybe we're trying to get someone on board before they all toddle off on holiday...
If they do they might meet most of the squad, they seem to have been there all season!

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:31 pm

Chris Wilder wouldn't cost a fortune,and has been learning his trade extremely well in his last 2 jobs! I,d be fairly pleased to see him take the BWFC reins!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:12 am

It's going to be Keith Hill.
Not because I'm ITK or anything, i just think so. And he'd be my first realistic choice.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:54 am

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... _co_owner/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“I really want a young, new-style manager. It's going to make it much easier if we have people that work together as a team.

“Old-school managers don't always want to work with the directors, chairman and people. The people we've identified and spoken to all fall into that category.”
That quote from Anderson appears to rule Phil Brown out. Now, before the takeover, Holdsworth was strongly hinting that Brown would be coming back as manager. That is why I was so certain it was happening.

When I saw the stuff from Anderson yesterday, I did wonder whether he was assuming more control and was overruling Holdsworth, because some things he was saying seemed to directly conflict with DH pre-takeover.

It did seem odd that what seemed a fairly concrete plan to get Brown back appeared to be changing. But then of course things change and what Holdsworth was strongly hinting back in January may not mean all that much now.

However, Iles has tweeted this, today which does suggest some disagreement or possible confusion.
Agree. But strange forces at work at #bwfc - not sure exactly who is making the appointment, or even if both sides agree.
Amongst the generally positive soundbites yesterday, this is a bit worrying to me. Who is in charge here? I always got the impression DH would be in charge with KA more in the background. But yesterday did not sound like that at all.

I hope we don't have too many cooks here. Especially as Anderson seems to want a continental style coach and for him and DH to do transfers. That is ok if everything goes well, but generally if it doesn't as seen elsewhere, everyone starts blaming each other for poor results. I also think it is dangerous to go after a young manager when we're in desperate need of genuine experience.

On a positive note though, this seems like excellent news.
Meanwhile, Mark Taylor, a key man in Sam Allardyce’s back room staff during the Premier League glory era, has returned to the club in an advisory capacity.

Taylor also worked with Allardyce at Blackpool, Newcastle United and Sunderland as head of the sports science department.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:14 am

yay! you've found summat to be worried about again! :D