Which muppet can we appoint next?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Which muppet can we appoint next?

Post by Prufrock » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:54 am

Carver scares me. Management is about judgement and he's an over emotional Geordie lunatic.

Are we financially crippled anymore? We've got big wages to shift but that's because they're on premier league contracts and we're in league 1 but going off
what the new owners have said (and yes they could be bullshit merchants - if looking like a spiv means you are a spiv, well, then Deano is one - but I think we have to take them at face value until they prove otherwise) there is a transfer budget of a couple of million and similar wage budget, and we'll be keeping any players whose wages we can't shift in full. I don't think we'll be massive spenders, but there are clubs in this division getting far south of 10k every week without all the corporate links we've built over the last decade plus. There are far fewer trans with independent money. If you get the right manager and the right blend we can bounce straight back, though I don't think anyone *expects* that.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:01 am

I'm intrigued to know what gate income they're budgeting for. Because last time we were in this division, five-figure attendances were not the norm.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:52 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I'm intrigued to know what gate income they're budgeting for. Because last time we were in this division, five-figure attendances were not the norm.
Wigan seem.to he just managing it but are on a great run at the top of the league. We generally get more than them though, and if tickets are priced sensibly and the football is at least half decent I think we will get good crowds. The club had been in decline a lot longer when we were getting the poor crowds at Burnden.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:58 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I'm intrigued to know what gate income they're budgeting for. Because last time we were in this division, five-figure attendances were not the norm.
Wigan seem.to he just managing it but are on a great run at the top of the league. We generally get more than them though, and if tickets are priced sensibly and the football is at least half decent I think we will get good crowds. The club had been in decline a lot longer when we were getting the poor crowds at Burnden.
Wigan still have parachute payments I think...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:11 am

Prufrock wrote:Carver scares me. Management is about judgement and he's an over emotional Geordie lunatic.

Are we financially crippled anymore? We've got big wages to shift but that's because they're on premier league contracts and we're in league 1 but going off
what the new owners have said (and yes they could be bullshit merchants - if looking like a spiv means you are a spiv, well, then Deano is one - but I think we have to take them at face value until they prove otherwise) there is a transfer budget of a couple of million and similar wage budget, and we'll be keeping any players whose wages we can't shift in full. I don't think we'll be massive spenders, but there are clubs in this division getting far south of 10k every week without all the corporate links we've built over the last decade plus. There are far fewer trans with independent money. If you get the right manager and the right blend we can bounce straight back, though I don't think anyone *expects* that.

I think it is wide of the mark to suggest we have a transfer budget, especially anywhere close to millions.

Not sure where that comes from.

Anderson basically said we'd not be able to find money to pay off players. Whilst that may or may not be more down to choice I don't think we will be doing anything other than frees and loans and probably only those if we shift plenty of big earners.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:22 am

I thought I'd read it somewhere (on here I think) thigh I might have been mixing up the wage budget.

As for attendances, it's the town not bigger now? Also, I can see why folk would stop going when you drop out of the prem with the glitz and the big names, but is Brentford at home in the Champo any less exciting than Peterborough at home in League 1? If we can get a run going, that coupled with the number of local derbies has got to be a good thing.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:26 am

Bury next season is going to be MASSIVE!

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:27 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Carver scares me. Management is about judgement and he's an over emotional Geordie lunatic.

I think it is wide of the mark to suggest we have a transfer budget, especially anywhere close to millions.

Anderson basically said we'd not be able to find money to pay off players. Whilst that may or may not be more down to choice I don't think we will be doing anything other than frees and loans and probably only those if we shift plenty of big earners.
Look at his ITV interview (link in an earlier post), KA said that the transfer budget would be significantly over £2M

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:29 am

I thought I'd heard that too...from one of the two interviews...not sure both the interviews "matched" though...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:34 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Look at his ITV interview (link in an earlier post), KA said that the transfer budget would be significantly over £2M
I think it is lost in translation. I think he's referrring to wage budget. Burton Albion's specifically. And says ours will be well above that. Which we know it will. 5-6M. But that is our wage bill with the existing losers on it.

Whilst the question was about transfer budget I believe Anderson is talking wage budget. Burton Albion's is widely reported at 2M and I don't believe they have spent 2M in fees.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:47 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I think it is lost in translation. I think he's referrring to wage budget. Burton Albion's specifically. And says ours will be well above that. Which we know it will. 5-6M. But that is our wage bill with the existing losers on it.

Whilst the question was about transfer budget I believe Anderson is talking wage budget. Burton Albion's is widely reported at 2M and I don't believe they have spent 2M in fees.
Oh do you now ?, tell you what let's wait & see - because if there is no money available why does he also say that he's very confident that the transfer embargo will be lifted before the window opens....

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:09 pm

Well we can't even sign frees until that's lifted, transfer cash or not.ill be amazed if we spend anything like that much. I expect us to spend nothing.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:48 pm

The budget is set at a maximum by the FL as well as by poverty. But it's also contingent upon other areas, most notably wages. Consider that we know Amos is on £16kpw next season. If, for the sake of argument, that's the same wage we owe Spearing, Davies, Pratley and say Trotter, that's £80kpw or £4m over the course of next season. If (if) we could get those off the payroll then that makes a big difference and would presumably help the transfer budget.

Athertonian
Promising
Promising

Post by Athertonian » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:05 pm

No matter who is appointed there will be many who won't like it.

I can hear the moans now, "Allardyce" plus a ten year contract.?.

The club wont have money to throw at the next appointment so we'll just have to remain hopeful that he can get the club out the shite.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:41 pm

Wilder decided he isn't interested according to Iles.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:59 pm

Iles also saying he doesn't think Wilder applied, that there isn't a 3 man shortlist or an interview process.

None of this surprising like, just showing that the talk from the Chairman isn't necessarily the full story. Or even a story at all.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:19 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Iles also saying he doesn't think Wilder applied, that there isn't a 3 man shortlist or an interview process.

None of this surprising like, just showing that the talk from the Chairman isn't necessarily the full story. Or even a story at all.
^^ I'd find that surprising...Why would Anderson just blatantly lie about it? Don't see the benefit.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:20 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Iles also saying he doesn't think Wilder applied, that there isn't a 3 man shortlist or an interview process.

^^ I'd find that surprising...Why would Anderson just blatantly lie about it? Don't see the benefit.
Because you can't give the inner goings on for these things. I suspect the process isn't exactly how he described it. Managers in jobs won't have interviewed. I'm sure of that.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:23 pm

So does this mean that Iles is basically saying that Anderson was bullshitting / lying in his interviews then last week ?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:24 pm

I don't recall Anderson ever mentioning Wilder

Maybe he put the name around unofficially

Maybe that was to flush out other candidates

Maybe the same for the "appointment next week" thing