Which muppet can we appoint next?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Which muppet can we appoint next?

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:26 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Iles also saying he doesn't think Wilder applied, that there isn't a 3 man shortlist or an interview process.

None of this surprising like, just showing that the talk from the Chairman isn't necessarily the full story. Or even a story at all.
So does this mean that Iles is basically saying that Anderson was bullshitting / lying in his interviews then last week ?
I can't see any evidence of Iles denying the three-man shortlist or interview process

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:40 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Iles also saying he doesn't think Wilder applied, that there isn't a 3 man shortlist or an interview process.

None of this surprising like, just showing that the talk from the Chairman isn't necessarily the full story. Or even a story at all.
So does this mean that Iles is basically saying that Anderson was bullshitting / lying in his interviews then last week ?
I can't see any evidence of Iles denying the three-man shortlist or interview process
Just going off BWFCI's post....

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:41 pm

I have no idea, but using Iles as the barometer is a bit wild. He's not had his finger on the pulse all whole season.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:46 pm

To be fair Iles doesnt exactly say that, I was sort of badly paraphrasing. But basically is saying it isn't the clear cut 3 man second interview Anderson was suggesting. Nixon has said the same too.

Do people though, really believe that managers in jobs have had two interviews here already? And do football managerial jobs usually run on a traditional interview basis?

Anyhow, we are going to end up with John Carver aren't we? When everyone else looks at the mess and decides to say a polite 'no thanks'.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:00 pm

Iles u guesting that the split between Anderson and Deano could have put him off. Sounds speculative to me. However if there is discord there it doesn't bode well. Nothing would surprise me any longer. The vlub is a shambles and I don't believe a word that comes out of it. Or trust KA as far as I could throw him.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:06 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Iles u guesting that the split between Anderson and Deano could have put him off. Sounds speculative to me. However if there is discord there it doesn't bode well. Nothing would surprise me any longer. The vlub is a shambles and I don't believe a word that comes out of it. Or trust KA as far as I could throw him.
I think more likely the fact we've got no money put him off. Though if there is a difference of opinion between two owners it would ring alam bells I guess, especially if you're leaving a good thing.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:10 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Iles u guesting that the split between Anderson and Deano could have put him off. Sounds speculative to me. However if there is discord there it doesn't bode well. Nothing would surprise me any longer. The vlub is a shambles and I don't believe a word that comes out of it. Or trust KA as far as I could throw him.
Bobo wants his phone back :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:27 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:To be fair Iles doesnt exactly say that, I was sort of badly paraphrasing. But basically is saying it isn't the clear cut 3 man second interview Anderson was suggesting. Nixon has said the same too.
what??? badly paraphrasing? you announced that Iles says there is no interview process and no shortlist!

now you say it just isn't as clear cut as Iles thought it was??

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:35 pm

https://twitter.com/MarcIles/with_replies" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Make your own mind up

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:55 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:https://twitter.com/MarcIles/with_replies

Make your own mind up
well - all seems very vague... except - there IS a certain "Pete Thompson" twittering forth! hmmmm..... :D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

^^ I'd find that surprising...Why would Anderson just blatantly lie about it? Don't see the benefit.
Because you can't give the inner goings on for these things. I suspect the process isn't exactly how he described it. Managers in jobs won't have interviewed. I'm sure of that.
So how do you reckon headhunting works in practice then for folks in employment? Sound out, maybe a telephone chat and first interview over phone to ascertain a few key elements of whether "X" is interested and both parties are in about the same ball-park on key elements. Then maybe a meeting over dinner one evening - job pretty much done. Seems to work pretty well in other business sectors...

Nixon and Iles do seem to be in agreement that KA and DH are after different people (which doesn't make it true) - I'm struggling to see where Iles says there isn't a 3 man shortlist (as he actually says "not sure about interviews. The people they want are all out in public domain"). I read that as he has no notion of where the interview process is at and there are names out in the public domain that could be on a shortlist of 3 or it could be a shortlist of 6 or whateva. You could of course get through your shortlist of 3 and not reach agreement with any of them, so you move on...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:33 pm

Lies is fckg clueless. What is the point of being the local rag's football reporter and having no links inside the club.

It's not even like he's in the know but respecting the knowledge he has & keeping it to himself.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:40 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

^^ I'd find that surprising...Why would Anderson just blatantly lie about it? Don't see the benefit.
Because you can't give the inner goings on for these things. I suspect the process isn't exactly how he described it. Managers in jobs won't have interviewed. I'm sure of that.
So how do you reckon headhunting works in practice then for folks in employment? Sound out, maybe a telephone chat and first interview over phone to ascertain a few key elements of whether "X" is interested and both parties are in about the same ball-park on key elements. Then maybe a meeting over dinner one evening - job pretty much done. Seems to work pretty well in other business sectors...

Nixon and Iles do seem to be in agreement that KA and DH are after different people (which doesn't make it true) - I'm struggling to see where Iles says there isn't a 3 man shortlist (as he actually says "not sure about interviews. The people they want are all out in public domain"). I read that as he has no notion of where the interview process is at and there are names out in the public domain that could be on a shortlist of 3 or it could be a shortlist of 6 or whateva. You could of course get through your shortlist of 3 and not reach agreement with any of them, so you move on...
that's cos he doesn't say that... BWFC_Insane pretended he said that in order to back up summat that BWFC_Insane said a week or so ago...

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:52 am

It's not that surprising Wilder is telling people he doesn't want to leave Northampton, the day after they've won the league. He's probably still pissed.

That said, I don't think the open disagreement between our co-owners is a great look.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:25 am

My point was only that things clearly aren't as clear cut as Anderson made out.

And Deano and Anderson need to sort this out. Disagreement is fine but they need to be joined up on the process. Iles now suggesting there is more than one shortlist. Presumably one for Deano and one for KA.
Also seems in his article to say that Anderson talking about the process came as a 'surprise' to everyone in the club with Jimmy and Reid previously being told they'd be in charge till the end of the season.

Need to make sure that processes are in place to allow for disagreement but also to ensure there is a mechanism for decisions.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:41 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:My point was only that things clearly aren't as clear cut as Anderson made out.
things don't appear to be as clear cut as you made out...

StaffsTrotter
Reliable
Reliable

Post by StaffsTrotter » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:44 am

are we still in the honeymoon period for our new regime ?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:06 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:My point was only that things clearly aren't as clear cut as Anderson made out.

And Deano and Anderson need to sort this out. Disagreement is fine but they need to be joined up on the process. Iles now suggesting there is more than one shortlist. Presumably one for Deano and one for KA.
Also seems in his article to say that Anderson talking about the process came as a 'surprise' to everyone in the club with Jimmy and Reid previously being told they'd be in charge till the end of the season.
Not bothered if Jimmy and Reidy were surprised to hear things are being expedited. It's not like they've made a stunning application, is it? When Anderson spoke to the media their record was played 4, lost 4, scored 2, conceded 14.

But I wholly agree with the bolded bit. I'm all for discussion and even constructive disagreement – behind the scenes; as Tom says, it's not a good look in public.

Anderson said last week that "It’s very straightforward. It’s not a consortium. It’s two people – Dean and myself. We are equal shareholders and we will work together. I wouldn't rule out more shareholders but we don't need to. We have sufficient funding to get us through until next season and beyond". That could be a practical recipe for confusion if the two not only don't agree but are also seeding their separate stories (or agendas) via the media. And it might get worse before it gets better if it becomes an unseemly scramble from each to get a 'friendly' shareholder on (the) board as shareholder to outvote the other.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:13 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:

Not bothered if Jimmy and Reidy were surprised to hear things are being expedited. It's not like they've made a stunning application, is it? When Anderson spoke to the media their record was played 4, lost 4, scored 2, conceded 14.

But I wholly agree with the bolded bit. I'm all for discussion and even constructive disagreement – behind the scenes; as Tom says, it's not a good look in public.

Anderson said last week that "It’s very straightforward. It’s not a consortium. It’s two people – Dean and myself. We are equal shareholders and we will work together. I wouldn't rule out more shareholders but we don't need to. We have sufficient funding to get us through until next season and beyond". That could be a practical recipe for confusion if the two not only don't agree but are also seeding their separate stories (or agendas) via the media. And it might get worse before it gets better if it becomes an unseemly scramble from each to get a 'friendly' shareholder on (the) board as shareholder to outvote the other.
Did you see the build up on sky sports before the game? I was at the game, but hear that Kevin Davies was saying that there was already disagreement between the two owners and Holloway was laying into them for not being united?

Whether there is a solid basis for this sort of talk or not the message is going out there now. Needs to be stamped down quickly in my view because the club doesn't exactly have a reputation for stability these past few years and the last thing we need is more instability putting managers off.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:23 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Not bothered if Jimmy and Reidy were surprised to hear things are being expedited. It's not like they've made a stunning application, is it? When Anderson spoke to the media their record was played 4, lost 4, scored 2, conceded 14.
Yeah, but their record on goals scored per game and goals conceded per game has improved immeasurably over the weekend... :D