Which muppet can we appoint next?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Which muppet can we appoint next?

Post by jonnycooper » Thu May 05, 2016 10:23 am

I still see admin as a very likely scenario!! And maybe I,m being cynical,but if we were to enter admin and ka and Deano are principal creditors,is it possible they would end up receiving far more than they put in,from the sale of BWFC assets.?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 05, 2016 10:28 am

jonnycooper wrote:I still see admin as a very likely scenario!! And maybe I,m being cynical,but if we were to enter admin and ka and Deano are principal creditors,is it possible they would end up receiving far more than they put in,from the sale of BWFC assets.?
I don't think there is any calculation of that sort from Deano at least. I think he genuinely wanted to save the club. What has happened though, is a rushed deal, with a partner at the last minute and seemingly confusion thereafter.

Remember before Anderson, Deano was set to be Chairman and sole decision maker. His partner in the original deal was not a football man. Seemingly though that did not carry enough cash in it.

Anderson who had been advising SportsShield then stepped in. But it is a big difference to go from advisor to Chairman and co-owner. I would read the situation as neither Deano nor Anderson really sat down and agreed roles and responsibilities beforehand. This could very easily be sorted out if they did that but there is a potential weakness if both own an equal shareholding and cannot agree who is responsible for what.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Thu May 05, 2016 10:31 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Lionofvienna weigh in on the owners and managerial situation. A few extra pieces of information that I don't believe were widely known either. Whether true or not is of course up for debate....

http://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2 ... new-regime" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Can I ask why you needed to post that article on here ?

That LOV website is shocking, by far the worst of all the BWFC forums - all they ever do is post bullshit scare mongering made up articles with the aim of gaining traffic for the site.
No doubt they want clicks.

Worth noting that the guy writing that went to all the court dates and spoke to the BWFC delegation each time. Not saying he knows the ins and outs but there are to my eyes a few snippets in there (see Richard Gee) that weren't previously common knowledge. Would be an odd thing for him to entirely make up.

These sorts of rumours will persist until things seem more sorted. We've not submitted accounts yet. KA is apparently looking for £3M and hasn't (as far as anyone can tell) invested the money he first promised.

I also await the announcement of our "already set manager".

Time will tell whether any of this is of any real concern or not but the longer things drag on without resolution the more credence these stories will have.
Sounds like a complete & utter 'angelos epithemiou' type anorak with nothing better to do & with regards to the accounts, additional investment and original investment, its complete speculation - just because KA & DH don't feed Iles & Nixon with information everyday don't mean that anything is wrong, personally I like the fact that they are keeping their cards close to their chest at this moment in time.

How do you, them (LOV) or others know that the accounts haven't now been submitted, the new manager appointed but not announced, KA & DH good mates and talking everyday & agreeing on most issues - the answer is that no one knows, they have nothing better to do to occupy their time, and are just making up bullshit stories to suit their agendas - I wonder if one or two on that site making up these stories are 'plane spotting' type ST members.

I've said it before give the new guys a fecking chance.....

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 05, 2016 10:40 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Lionofvienna weigh in on the owners and managerial situation. A few extra pieces of information that I don't believe were widely known either. Whether true or not is of course up for debate....

http://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2 ... new-regime" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That LOV website is shocking, by far the worst of all the BWFC forums - all they ever do is post bullshit scare mongering made up articles with the aim of gaining traffic for the site.

Worth noting that the guy writing that went to all the court dates and spoke to the BWFC delegation each time. Not saying he knows the ins and outs but there are to my eyes a few snippets in there (see Richard Gee) that weren't previously common knowledge. Would be an odd thing for him to entirely make up.

These sorts of rumours will persist until things seem more sorted. We've not submitted accounts yet. KA is apparently looking for £3M and hasn't (as far as anyone can tell) invested the money he first promised.

Time will tell whether any of this is of any real concern or not but the longer things drag on without resolution the more credence these stories will have.
Sounds like a complete & utter 'angelos epithemiou' type anorak with nothing better to do & with regards to the accounts, additional investment and original investment, its complete speculation - just because KA & DH don't feed Iles & Nixon with information everyday don't mean that anything is wrong, personally I like the fact that they are keeping their cards close to their chest at this moment in time.

How do you, them (LOV) or others know that the accounts haven't now been submitted, the new manager appointed but not announced, KA & DH good mates and talking everyday & agreeing on most issues - the answer is that no one knows, they have nothing better to do to occupy their time, and are just making up bullshit stories to suit their agendas - I wonder if one or two on that site making up these stories are 'plane spotting' type ST members.

As of yesterday the accounts weren't yet submitted according to this guy who is a lecturer and expert on football finance, ours were due end of March....
Kieran Maguire ‏@KieranMaguire 21h21 hours ago

Only clubs not to lodge accounts from #Championship are #BWFC and #BlackpoolFC. The former subject to takeover, mysterious from the latter

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 05, 2016 10:43 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:

I agree with some of the above - gotta give them a chance, but I'm not particularly hopeful at the moment. As to the Accounts being submitted - it would be very recent if they had - they're publically available

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00335699" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At the moment there's no Accounts been submitted for:

Burnden Leisure
Bolton Wanderers F&AC
Sports Shield Ltd (that may not be directly connected to BWFC but has DH as a Director) just got an extension on Account submittal date

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 05, 2016 10:45 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:

I agree with some of the above - gotta give them a chance, but I'm not particularly hopeful at the moment. As to the Accounts being submitted - it would be very recent if they had - they're publically available

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00335699" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At the moment there's no Accounts been submitted for:

Burnden Leisure
Bolton Wanderers F&AC
Sports Shield Ltd (that may not be directly connected to BWFC but has DH as a Director) just got an extension on Account submittal date
Also no record of Anderson lending money to the club, unless he's not secured it against assets...which I find....unlikely.

I'm absolutely giving them a chance. No placards or sack the board songs. They saved us. But they've got to show they can run the gig. And they've not got long to get sorted.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Thu May 05, 2016 10:53 am

KA said in his interviews the other week that he had invested his 'own' money into the club - why can't you believe him until its proven otherwise.

You also need to get a hobby or get out more because your infatuation with all things BWFC, Iles, Nixon, LOV website etc. is a little weird....

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 05, 2016 11:15 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Also no record of Anderson lending money to the club, unless he's not secured it against assets...which I find....unlikely.

I'm absolutely giving them a chance. No placards or sack the board songs. They saved us. But they've got to show they can run the gig. And they've not got long to get sorted.
If the business - thing run by the Directors - doesn't need a loan (over and above the Blumarble Loan and other outstanding Charges) to stay solvent, then there would be no need for Anderson to put any money in?

His words are picked very carefully when he talks about it in his interview - "The Football League have an undertaking from me for a certain amount of money to come in. That remains between the Football Club, the Football League and myself, but there is an undertaking to put that money in, they checked that I had that money and they were happy and we got past."

It doesn't actually say it's his personal money. Or a loan from him. The undertaking is that a certain amount of money comes in - not where it's from. He does say they checked that "I" had that money - that could've been "I" as in Chairman of BWFC [having access to the necessary monies from whatever source] or "I" as in Ken Anderson. Most people have assumed the latter, at the moment, I'm assuming it could be either in grand old fence sitting style.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 05, 2016 12:47 pm

Interesting tweeted titbit from Iles: "Should have a better idea of next #bwfc manager after Fulham game. Only one man met by both owners so far - but a few others possible."

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu May 05, 2016 1:52 pm

Interesting quote by KA on the manager front.. "Some I don;t know personally, some are really close friends of mine"

Do us a favour Ken, steer clear of the ones who are your friends, please
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu May 05, 2016 1:57 pm

boltonboris wrote:Interesting quote by KA on the manager front.. "Some I don;t know personally, some are really close friends of mine"

Do us a favour Ken, steer clear of the ones who are your friends, please
Well he said the new manager is already set and working on planning for next season....

And Townsend is at the club...and a family friend of KA....

Anyone seen the tactics truck?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 05, 2016 3:23 pm

Whilst we're thinking about looking forwards, I was reading an article on sports science at Leicester talking of beetroot shots and ice chambers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36189778" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In it, there's a link to the fact that Allardcye was one of the first to embrace sports science. which led me here

http://www.theguardian.com/football/the ... ier-league" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not an article I'd read before, as far as I can recall - it bought a tear to the eye...

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu May 05, 2016 5:13 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: As of yesterday the accounts weren't yet submitted according to this guy who is a lecturer and expert on football finance, ours were due end of March....
Kieran Maguire ‏@KieranMaguire 21h21 hours ago

Only clubs not to lodge accounts from #Championship are #BWFC and #BlackpoolFC. The former subject to takeover, mysterious from the latter
You're taking the word of someone specifically making the point of naming the two clubs yet to submit accounts from the championship who doesn't even know that one of them isn't even in the championship.

Some fecking expert that.
Businesswoman of the year.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 05, 2016 5:15 pm

breaking news!!!

Bolton Wanderers can confirm that the club has today commenced a consultation process with a view to restructuring its footballing operations and staff.

Whilst the club appreciates that this is a difficult and challenging process, it is imperative in order to best prepare for life in Sky Bet League One.

The club will be making no further comment on the matter at this time.

errr.....

(arse - should have rekindled my awesome breaking news thread!)

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Thu May 05, 2016 5:22 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Interesting tweeted titbit from Iles: "Should have a better idea of next #bwfc manager after Fulham game. Only one man met by both owners so far - but a few others possible."
But how can this possibly be ?

Everyone (well LOV & BWFCI) knows that KA & DH don't get on, they don't agree on anything, they don't speak to each other and they make decisions individually never as one !

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 05, 2016 5:26 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Interesting tweeted titbit from Iles: "Should have a better idea of next #bwfc manager after Fulham game. Only one man met by both owners so far - but a few others possible."
But how can this possibly be ?

Everyone (well LOV & BWFCI) knows that KA & DH don't get on, they don't agree on anything, they don't speak to each other and they make decisions individually never as one !

KA met him Wednesday in the Barnstormers and told him it was a no. DH met him on Thursday in Scotts and told him it was nailed on... :-)

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Thu May 05, 2016 6:33 pm

thebish wrote:breaking news!!!

Bolton Wanderers can confirm that the club has today commenced a consultation process with a view to restructuring its footballing operations and staff.

Whilst the club appreciates that this is a difficult and challenging process, it is imperative in order to best prepare for life in Sky Bet League One.

errr.....

It's a shame that so many people will lose their jobs due to the incompetency of the players and the previous board/management team.

It's a harsh reality but a course of action which is required.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Thu May 05, 2016 6:40 pm

This restructuring simply has to be done ASAP, its very unfortunate for those affected but is unavoidable.

BTW this is the fault of the previous regime (ED & PG) not the new owners

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 05, 2016 6:43 pm

Interesting that it stipulates "football operations". Might imply that it won't be a widespread culling of non-core staff. Depends how you parse it: "football operations and [football] staff" or "football operations and [general] staff"?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 05, 2016 6:57 pm

enrdentw wrote:
thebish wrote:breaking news!!!

errr.....

It's a shame that so many people will lose their jobs due to the incompetency of the players and the previous board/management team.

It's a harsh reality but a course of action which is required.
I agree entirely it is awful and a tragedy for anyone who might lose their job... but it might also be said that many of them also only have those jobs because of the premiership gravy-train to success that the previous board/management team also oversaw... not that this is a comfort to anyone now - but had we remained a 4th division side and not risen through the leagues - then we'd always have been a much smaller operation...

as i said - no comfort - but we probably have to cut our cloth...