Which muppet can we appoint next?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: Which muppet can we appoint next?

Post by LeverEnd » Sun May 29, 2016 2:37 pm

Can't argue with that. I still don't like his eyebrow raising habit but I could live with it if the results are right!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun May 29, 2016 2:46 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Can't argue with that. I still don't like his eyebrow raising habit but I could live with it if the results are right!
Is that a Savile based euphemism ???
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun May 29, 2016 5:48 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:Can't argue with that. I still don't like his eyebrow raising habit but I could live with it if the results are right!
Is that a Savile based euphemism ???
You have a twisted mind for a children's entertainer!

He just looks permanently surprised in interviews.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sun May 29, 2016 9:33 pm

And he's a scouse git! :wink:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun May 29, 2016 9:56 pm

jonnycooper wrote:And he's a scouse git! :wink:
... oh. :shock: :?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sun May 29, 2016 10:28 pm

bobo the clown wrote:

Adkins! Not you coco! :lol:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun May 29, 2016 10:58 pm

jonnycooper wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Adkins! Not you coco! :lol:
I realise. It's just that I've never gone "give me an 'A' ... etc., etc." for a Scouser. It quite turns my stomach tbh.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 30, 2016 7:48 pm

Get this - Hibs have allowed Alan Stubbs to talk to Rotherham. Yes, fecking Rotherham!
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 30, 2016 7:57 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Get this - Hibs have allowed Alan Stubbs to talk to Rotherham. Yes, fecking Rotherham!
Not that enormously odd, if you're comparing the clubs. They're both second-tier outfits, one of them in the country the manager was born.

Hibs' average attendance this season was 9,339; the Scottish Championship average was 7,397, massively skewed by Rangers' 45,325 – Hibs had the second-largest attendance and six of the 10 teams averaged under 3,000.

By comparison, Rotherham's average was 10,025 – only just bigger than Hibs, true, but the smallest in the division: the average Champo attendance was 17,578. Which might make them the tiddlers in the pool, but it's unarguably a bigger, richer pool.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 30, 2016 8:48 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Get this - Hibs have allowed Alan Stubbs to talk to Rotherham. Yes, fecking Rotherham!
Not that enormously odd, if you're comparing the clubs. They're both second-tier outfits, one of them in the country the manager was born.

Hibs' average attendance this season was 9,339; the Scottish Championship average was 7,397, massively skewed by Rangers' 45,325 – Hibs had the second-largest attendance and six of the 10 teams averaged under 3,000.

By comparison, Rotherham's average was 10,025 – only just bigger than Hibs, true, but the smallest in the division: the average Champo attendance was 17,578. Which might make them the tiddlers in the pool, but it's unarguably a bigger, richer pool.
I'm not comparing Rotherham with Hibs, I'm comparing them with us.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 30, 2016 8:52 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Ah, in that case it's quite simple: They're in a higher division. As are Barnsley, and Burton, and Wigan. Watch this space.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Ah, in that case it's quite simple: They're in a higher division. As are Barnsley, and Burton, and Wigan. Watch this space.
It isn't "quite simple" as being in a higher division and well you know it.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 30, 2016 8:59 pm

No, there's a bit more to it than that: they've got money and we're f*cked. They've got one owner pulling in one direction. And they're in a higher division. And besides, Stubbs has previously clearly displayed that he's after whatever's best for him, so Rotherham it is, because they're a better bet than us.

So yeah, perhaps not simple, but still quite easy.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon May 30, 2016 11:03 pm

I'd be staying there if I was him. All the goodwill in the world from their fans after winning the cub for the first time in about 120 years, surely certs to go up next year. Get them up, finish top half the year after and he's looking at a Derby equivalent.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon May 30, 2016 11:07 pm

Prufrock wrote:I'd be staying there if I was him. All the goodwill in the world from their fans after winning the cub for the first time in about 120 years, surely certs to go up next year. Get them up, finish top half the year after and he's looking at a Derby equivalent.
Alternatively: lose his best few players to Celtic or Rangers, struggle to overcome the bitter pill of not going up, fail to stop short-lived Eurocampaign overshadowing league games, get sacked before Christmas...

All of which is an exercise in theoretics and I don't really care. I suppose there's a chance he'll come here but I hope not. He's a long way behind Adkins, Cotterill, even Evans on my preference list.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon May 30, 2016 11:11 pm

My own views are freely available on how we should handle his interview :D. feck him. Let's get Jason McAteer.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon May 30, 2016 11:37 pm

Rotherham are welcome to the wanker. Would be gutted if he came to us.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue May 31, 2016 12:01 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:No, there's a bit more to it than that: they've got money and we're f*cked. They've got one owner pulling in one direction. And they're in a higher division. And besides, Stubbs has previously clearly displayed that he's after whatever's best for him, so Rotherham it is, because they're a better bet than us.

You're being adjectivally selective now. :)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 31, 2016 12:09 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:No, there's a bit more to it than that: they've got money and we're f*cked. They've got one owner pulling in one direction. And they're in a higher division. And besides, Stubbs has previously clearly displayed that he's after whatever's best for him, so Rotherham it is, because they're a better bet than us.

Heh! I just don't see what you're upset about, me old mucker. Don't want him anyway, but is it Stubbs or the fact that Rotherham are (by the ruthless meritocracy of the league structure) a better bet than us?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue May 31, 2016 1:14 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Heh! I just don't see what you're upset about, me old mucker. Don't want him anyway, but is it Stubbs or the fact that Rotherham are (by the ruthless meritocracy of the league structure) a better bet than us?
Nooooo, I'm not upset, Chief, I don't want him either. I just think that it's a real indicator as to how much our stock has fallen by when, as you indicate, Rotherham are now a better bet than us.