Which muppet can we appoint next?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Which muppet can we appoint next?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:54 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: But people are angry at the Bolton News for reporting what the owners say....you really cannot make it up...
Not sure anybody's angry (apart from yourself maybe?) B.W.F.Ci. Can't understand why the club don't just say wait and be patient. It's probably all the conflicting rumours that confuse and irritate people, especially when a big percentage of them turn out to be bullshxt.
I'm not angry at the Bolton news, plenty on twitter are as DSB et al said....

Its not Iles' fault the club is being run in an amateurish way, he's just reporting on it.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:58 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: But people are angry at the Bolton News for reporting what the owners say....you really cannot make it up...
Not sure anybody's angry (apart from yourself maybe?) B.W.F.Ci. Can't understand why the club don't just say wait and be patient. It's probably all the conflicting rumours that confuse and irritate people, especially when a big percentage of them turn out to be bullshxt.

Its not Iles' fault the club is being run in an amateurish way, he's just reporting on it.
Please just fcuk off you boring person....

Out of interest what position are you taking up with the ST, please go & join the LOV forum

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:02 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Out of interest what position are you taking up with the ST, please go & join the LOV forum
You are one of the few people who think otherwise. I don't have an issue with that, but I won't resort to personal insult.

Seeing as you mention the LOV, they've done this blog piece today, it is very hard to disagree with any of it.

http://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2 ... care-again" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have no interest in the supporters trust of LOV forum.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:19 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

You are one of the few people who think otherwise. I don't have an issue with that, but I won't resort to personal insult.

Seeing as you mention the LOV, they've done this blog piece today, it is very hard to disagree with any of it.

http://lionofviennasuite.sbnation.com/2 ... care-again" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well I disagree with all of it, its a complete load of bollocks put together by a website (allegedly linked to the ST) who appear to be trying as hard as possible to undermine the new regime on an almost daily basis - its pathetic spitting its dummy out on a daily basis.

I don't give a toss you can insult me all you like....you are the ultimate 'panic fanny'

Get yourself a hobby to stop you stressing about all things BWFC....what about crown green bowling

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:29 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
Well I disagree with all of it, its a complete load of bollocks put together by a website (allegedly linked to the ST) who appear to be trying as hard as possible to undermine the new regime on an almost daily basis - its pathetic spitting its dummy out on a daily basis.

I don't give a toss you can insult me all you like....you are the ultimate 'panic fanny'

Get yourself a hobby to stop you stressing about all things BWFC....what about crown green bowling
What in it is untrue?

There is no tangibly visible progress being made on the key issues. We may have a manager, which is a step forward. But even then the bungling of messaging and changing of deadlines does not inspire confidence. How can it? Anderson said in the middle of April "We want a manager and building blocks in quickly so we can prepare for next season and have everything in place to hit the ground running". It is now edging towards the middle of June. If from the outset he'd been clear that they'd appoint a manager by the end of June for "x" reasons I'd have more confidence. But it is clear that there is considerable confusion in what is happening.

Considering you were very scathing of the previous chairman and owner even during the best period in our history I don't think you can call anyone "a panic fanny" without a very large hint of irony.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:32 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:You are one of the few people who think otherwise. I don't have an issue with that, but I won't resort to personal insult.

I dunno, I'm still somewhat skeptical about SSC but some of their points are at best conjecture, and at worst baseless speculation.
Some bellend wrote:
  • Sacked Neil Lennon
  • Seen the club through the second longest period in its history without a manager (currently at 12 weeks and counting)
  • Released two of our young prospects in Oscar Threlkeld and Niall Maher, both of whom actually looked like they cared about and wanted to play for the club
  • Failed to move on players that are actually on high wages, and fans don't want at the club - I'm looking at Darren Pratley, Liam Trotter and Mark Davies here
  • Failed to make a public statement on the managerial appointment since 12th April
  • Apparently spoken to managers that already have jobs, despite us havi
  • Not given fans any update on the ongoing transfer embargo
  • Instead, the club has fed fans absolute drivel about the bloody 'Legends' match for weeks and weeks and weeks
  • Seemingly, gone on holiday or something
Point 3 we know very little about. They may have wanted to stay and been forced out by KA/DH, or they may have decided to leave following discussions with the coaching and senior staff. I agree I'd have liked them to stay but the truth is we don't 100% know why they left so it's unfair to use this against them.

Point 4 is true, but it's not as simple as on Football Manager/FIFA as the writer seems to think, where you offer any old player and clubs jump to sign. They've been crap for extended periods, and are known to be on high salaries. Why would any club want to sign them? How does the writer know that they are seemingly not trying to get rid? Wasn't it only last week that Pratley was linked to Wigan?

Point 7 is incorrect. They've (specifically KA has) said that they will look to lift it over summer, and just a week or so ago were stating how they've had to pick up remnants of transfer fees (Spearing, Wellington etc). Is it worrying that it's not been lifted yet? Sure, but to state that we've heard nothing is not quite accurate.

Point 8 has been in the works for a while hasn't it? And what's the harm in a feelgood match in an otherwise sour time? And it was only a few weeks ago that LoVS were praising it...

Point 9 is literally made without citation.

I'm all for putting SSC under the spotlight but amateur, agenda-pushing blogspam complete with typos and missing sentences isn't really all that constructive for our concerns. LoVS flip flop around and pander to the current consensus more than Iles, BN, or any other source. It's a site that a handful of contributors use to stroke their own...let's say egos.
It is a summation of current concerns many fans have. I don't think they are suggesting they have new facts. But as a summation it is pretty accurate. And Anderson to my knowledge hasn't talked about the transfer embargo since April. Hasn't discussed progress to getting it lifted or provided any further public assurance that it will be. He has put lots of timescales on recruiting a manager that haven't borne out though....

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:33 pm

The elusive p*ss up in a brewery keeps coming to the fore in my thoughts.

At least they haven't got to Megson insulting the fans proportions yet.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:19 pm

Trouble is that few people click on "No news from the Macron" or "OPINION: New board doing some things right, might think about being better at others"

But basically, despite the fact it has one or two decent people around it, LoVS (like a few similar sites) isn't much more than a blog/forum that shits content into NewsNow

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:22 pm

BWFCi comes in for some fair cop on here sometimes, but for PT to tell to fcuk off and describe them as a "boring person" when we've had to put up with his negative shite for years, in a much stronger position than we are now is a tad ironic. I hate to think what he's going to be like if "any manager except Reid" takes over and fails to take us up.

Ken Anderson and his son so far IMO have been a PR disaster. Almost everything he has said has failed to come to fruition, to the BEN, the match day programme or GMR. In today's age, with 24/7 social media that gets magnified. People want hourly updates and it's a lot to do with why Iles has come in for a lot of unjustified cop on there for the last few days. It's not his fault if the club say they're going to announce someone, he puts it in print only to for the club to backtrack!

Anderson reminds me a lot of Charles Green when he was involved with Rangers.

On the flip side of that, KA also appears to have had a big part to play in us still existing. One of Deano's investors pulled out last minute meaning he was short of the funds. Without Anderson putting money in god knows what would have happened. People are right to be thankful of that but it doesn't give him a free ride. Having been through what we have as a club over the last 12 months, I think it's only right that fans ask questions of the board and hold them to account.

I don't see myself as a panic fanny, I don't see myself as a unwavering optimist. However I do think warning signs are out there already... if I'm proved wrong fantastic but this board and Anderson in particular have a lot to do to win me over.
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:24 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
ChrisC wrote:Tower FM reckon an announcement is coming at 5pm.

Probably end up being something like the kit launch.
It'll be the name of the ref for the next fixture.
Just don't, please, somebody report that Anthony Axford is the new manager. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:45 pm

Re: Maher and Therlkels - If we'd offered them contracts, we'd be due training compensation by whoever signs them

Alas, we'll find out once they get on somewhere else..

I'd wager we let their contracts run down and declined to extend
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:50 pm

boltonboris wrote:Re: Maher and Therlkels - If we'd offered them contracts, we'd be due training compensation by whoever signs them

Alas, we'll find out once they get on somewhere else..

I'd wager we let their contracts run down and declined to extend
It was said that we offered them contracts then withdrew the offers. Same for Jamie Thomas and Harry Campbell. Unverified, although Thomas himself "liked" a tweet that said so.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:12 pm

ChrisC wrote:Tower FM reckon an announcement is coming at 5pm.

Probably end up being something like the kit launch.
Bump...

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:28 pm

Lennon confirmed at Hibs. That's yet another one out of the running for our job.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:21 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:Lennon confirmed at Hibs. That's yet another one out of the running for our job.

That's a shame, I think he'd be a good fit.

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:46 pm

BBC reporting that its down to Atkins and Cotterill. Atkins now out to 4/1. Oh please not Cotterill

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:14 pm

I've largely opted out of these debates. But ffs, GET A PERSON APPOINTED !!

... & get out of the embargo while you're at it.

OK. As you were.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:43 pm

bobo the clown wrote:I've largely opted out of these debates. But ffs, GET A PERSON APPOINTED !!

OK. As you were.
#worrying :wink:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:I've largely opted out of these debates. But ffs, GET A PERSON APPOINTED !!

OK. As you were.
Irritating ! 8)
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:27 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

OK. As you were.
Irritating ! 8)
Getting rather close to

#couldn'tcareless