Which muppet can we appoint next?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Which muppet can we appoint next?

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:46 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
officer_dibble wrote:Is Allardyce leavin Sunderland or summat? Confused as to why his name has come up!
Cos he came onto the pitch at the weekend innit....

And he was all pally with Deano.

And on the LOV podcast Iles said Allardyce advised Deano whilst he was putting the bid together.

No chance of him coming back unless Sunderland sacked him I suppose, but we can dream!
^^^

See. This is a panic fanny being positive.

It's not pretty.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:46 pm

In fairness, given the question is who we're going to appoint next, "now no manager" is surely a positive :pissed: :pissed:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:49 pm

officer_dibble wrote:Is Allardyce leavin Sunderland or summat? Confused as to why his name has come up!
I think we're maybe five years ahead of the stage where Sam wants to be DoF. And I'm not entirely sure Phil Brown would be ecstatic to have the old gaffer back above him - although they got on well, he wanted to be his own man, and you suspect that Mr A might not be able to restrict himself to a non-managerial role merely buying players (an area Brown might want to control anyway). Besides, isn't Deano the hands-on CEO with the football knowledge?

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Brown wants to come back, but it's not that easy: he signed a three-year contract last summer. I imagine Southend won't want their (successful) manager to leave at all, and certainly not yet: they're only four points off the play-offs with 10 games to go. As I said elsewhere, it wouldn't surprise me if he's got a watching brief, including which contracts to extend/retain/pay off, but I wouldn't expect that big grin on the Macron pitch before summer at least.

(And for the record, I'm still intrigued by the prospect of Keith Hill, whose side nestle three points below Brown's.)

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Cos he came onto the pitch at the weekend innit....

And he was all pally with Deano.

And on the LOV podcast Iles said Allardyce advised Deano whilst he was putting the bid together.

No chance of him coming back unless Sunderland sacked him I suppose, but we can dream!
Easy, all we need is a Range Rover and a 15 year old girl.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:56 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
I think we're maybe five years ahead of the stage where Sam wants to be DoF. And I'm not entirely sure Phil Brown would be ecstatic to have the old gaffer back above him - although they got on well, he wanted to be his own man, and you suspect that Mr A might not be able to restrict himself to a non-managerial role merely buying players (an area Brown might want to control anyway). Besides, isn't Deano the hands-on CEO with the football knowledge?

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Brown wants to come back, but it's not that easy: he signed a three-year contract last summer. I imagine Southend won't want their (successful) manager to leave at all, and certainly not yet: they're only four points off the play-offs with 10 games to go. As I said elsewhere, it wouldn't surprise me if he's got a watching brief, including which contracts to extend/retain/pay off, but I wouldn't expect that big grin on the Macron pitch before summer at least.

(And for the record, I'm still intrigued by the prospect of Keith Hill, whose side nestle three points below Brown's.)

I'd wondered about Hill myself, but just have a niggling feeling that the club maybe just a little too big for him to manage (no joke intended) as I think he's a very good "small club" manager and the stuff he implements seems to work well at Rochdale (but not at Barnsley) but not sure if he could transfer that to us with the size of the operation in the whole. Saying that, I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a chance.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:59 pm

"S" for "suspended".

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:08 pm

Barnsley were always struggling in the Chanpionship, I'd take Hill as first choice.
Had experience of a bigger club, got his mojo back. Ready for new challenge etc.
There's always that Appleton fellow, he's not averse to jumping ship and is a Salford lad.
Or Mixu Paatelainen if the Bolton Coroners Office or wherever he's working will release him?
Just not that smug c*nt Stubbs. Can't stand him.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:13 pm

HMX wrote:We'll poach Brown from Southend and pay compensation.
Let's hope not. He's a fecking suntanned disaster.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:21 pm

LeverEnd wrote: lease him?
I've never forgiven him ( or the ref) for that blatant cheating shove on two of our players so Everton could score from a free kick
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:22 pm

I'd be furious if Brown was appointed. He's an arrogant, egotistical bully and I don't want him anywhere near the club. It's not even like he's a good manager either, he's a failure at a decent level and assuming we get relegated this year, if he got us promoted the next, so what? It's not like he's going to get us back into the Premier League, we'd just be sacking him 18 months later when we're struggling in the Championship. If it was a choice between Brown or Coyle, I'd give Coyle my 100% support.

Hopefully we get someone on the up who wants to get us playing nice football and will focus on the youth set up we've got. Unfortunately, if we are to be in League One next year, finding someone who matches that is a much harder task.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:29 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
LeverEnd wrote: lease him?
I've never forgiven him ( or the ref) for that blatant cheating shove on two of our players so Everton could score from a free kick
I'm thinking more of the 'watch this space' interview on MOTD and the arrogant look on his big-nosed smarmy face. Wanker.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:30 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Image

"S" for "suspended".

Gary feckin Neville???????

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:31 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:I'd be furious if Brown was appointed. He's an arrogant, egotistical bully and I don't want him anywhere near the club. It's not even like he's a good manager either, he's a failure at a decent level and assuming we get relegated this year, if he got us promoted the next, so what? It's not like he's going to get us back into the Premier League, we'd just be sacking him 18 months later when we're struggling in the Championship. If it was a choice between Brown or Coyle, I'd give Coyle my 100% support.

Hopefully we get someone on the up who wants to get us playing nice football and will focus on the youth set up we've got. Unfortunately, if we are to be in League One next year, finding someone who matches that is a much harder task.

we won't be at a decent level... :cry:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:32 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:I'd be furious if Brown was appointed. He's an arrogant, egotistical bully and I don't want him anywhere near the club. It's not even like he's a good manager either, he's a failure at a decent level and assuming we get relegated this year, if he got us promoted the next, so what? It's not like he's going to get us back into the Premier League, we'd just be sacking him 18 months later when we're struggling in the Championship. If it was a choice between Brown or Coyle, I'd give Coyle my 100% support.

I'm not that keen on bringing Brown back but you've failed to mention promoting Hull to the Prem and keeping them up.
Also, preferring Coyle back? Jesus wept!! Talk about coming back to the board with a bombshell. :shock: :spank: :crazy:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:36 pm

Allardyce's contract at West Ham was reputed to be £6m over two years. I suspect it's not peanuts at Sunderland. Unless he's fed up of earning that sort of cash, can't see why he'd do anything for us.

Coyle? fecking laughable.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:38 pm

Freedman is out of work now too....
Businesswoman of the year.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:41 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Perhaps we need a bit of colour at the club?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:02 pm

Thank f**k it's not your choice! :hang:

(I agree on Brown though)

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:03 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Perhaps we need a bit of colour at the club?
He always says nice things about the Wanderers in the national media. For: I remember him doing the warmups and like the idea of a manager actually liking the club. Against: I have no idea how good he is as a manager and it'd be a shame to lose a cheerleader from the stands.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:04 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Freedman is out of work now too....
Wash your mouth out!