Which muppet can we appoint next?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Which muppet can we appoint next?

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:14 pm

Jugs wrote:Coyle was green when we bagged him. One and a half years at Burnley and a year or so up in Scotland was all he had under his belt. Plus shorts and a load of motivational pep-talk.

Brown has more experience. He's been there, made mistakes and presumably learned from them.
I could quite live with him sitting this lot down in the penalty area at half-time, if only to point out to Madine where the goals are...

Aanvalluh
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Aanvalluh » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:17 pm

David Moyes.....Brolly Mclaren...........
Warnock?

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:31 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Also, surprised nobody has mentioned Big Sam.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:38 pm

Get S.K.D in to teach one or two what a front man is supposed to do.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:39 pm

Jugs wrote:Coyle was green when we bagged him. One and a half years at Burnley and a year or so up in Scotland was all he had under his belt. Plus shorts and a load of motivational pep-talk.
And ping pong!
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:45 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
And ping pong!
.... & a Rollie-Pollie brother-in-Law kit man.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:04 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
I think ultimately we can attract bigger crowds than Southend and presumably have more spending power longer term. Better ground and probably more commercial income generating possibilities.
better ground? means nowt when trying to get to the premiership... likewise - bigger crowds..

whence this new confidence in increased spending power??

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:06 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
I think ultimately we can attract bigger crowds than Southend and presumably have more spending power longer term. Better ground and probably more commercial income generating possibilities.
better ground? means nowt when trying to get to the premiership... likewise - bigger crowds..

Bigger crowds generate more turnover. Which is very important now with financial fair play.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:40 pm

thebish wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

You're just being argumentative now. As fecked as we may be, if you can't see why we might be a greater prospect for premier league football than Southend, you shouldn't be coming on a football forum.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:45 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:
Someone like Brown or Holloway are probably enough for us to get promoted from League One but we should be looking more long term than that. I don't want another failure at Championship level in charge, .
:shock: Unbelievable. I suspect by October we'll be desperate for someone who can get us out of the division irrespective of their suitability for the next division up
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:I'd be furious if Brown was appointed. He's an arrogant, egotistical bully and I don't want him anywhere near the club. It's not even like he's a good manager either, he's a failure at a decent level and assuming we get relegated this year, if he got us promoted the next, so what? It's not like he's going to get us back into the Premier League, we'd just be sacking him 18 months later when we're struggling in the Championship. If it was a choice between Brown or Coyle, I'd give Coyle my 100% support.

Hopefully we get someone on the up who wants to get us playing nice football and will focus on the youth set up we've got. Unfortunately, if we are to be in League One next year, finding someone who matches that is a much harder task.
Absolute bollocks. He worked a bloody miracle at Hull at the time taking them up then keeping them there for a year.

And he's done a great job at Southend with little money. He won't have much money here.

We need experience. Brown has that. I think he's ideal.
+1
Pfffft.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:51 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
SmokinFrazier wrote:
Someone like Brown or Holloway are probably enough for us to get promoted from League One but we should be looking more long term than that. I don't want another failure at Championship level in charge, .
:shock: Unbelievable. I suspect by October we'll be desperate for someone who can get us out of the division irrespective of their suitability for the next division up
This is true - yet SF seems to support Coyle who failed at Championship level here and at Wigan.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:53 pm

I can understand people not liking or rating Brown. But liking Coyle...

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:56 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I can understand people not liking or rating Brown. But liking Coyle...
:lol:

Next we'll have a Freedman love in :wink:
Pfffft.

Rjs37
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rjs37 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:56 pm

We need someone who can help stabilize the club. We're currently on a huge downward trajectory and we need to halt that before we can even talk about promotion to the Championship let alone Premiership aspirations.

I think Phil Brown would do a good job for us in terms of stability. Though it certainly wouldn't be a step up from his current Southend. He's gotten them to a good position in League 1 and if he didn't have so much history with us, I don't think he'd be consider the Bolton job for a second.

Next season is going to be an absolute struggle for us. Our squad is going to be less than threadbare, we'll have next to no money to spend on players, so whoever does step in, will have a very tough job to do. Let's worry about the next couple of seasons for now and then think about the future after that. No point planning for our Premiership return just yet.

jetsetwilly
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jetsetwilly » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:58 pm

Forget worrying about who will get us back to the prem. Without investment I think we will be amongst the favorites to go down next year.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:59 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I can understand people not liking or rating Brown. But liking Coyle...

No. No we we won't.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:00 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:

No. No we we won't.
Praise be to the Bish! :lol: :wink:
Pfffft.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:02 pm

After giving it some thought all day and in spite of what I said earlier (well agreed with Enoch), I think Brown might just be the man for the job.
Don't want him till summer I'd rather let Philips have a do with some of the young ones, he must know more about them and see if they can man up.
Actually think the future is a tad lighter than it seems, shame we have to dip to such a low point to sort out the wheat from the chaff, I just hope Holdsworth and his crew are not just wide boys on a day out.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:03 pm

Camp. With Hierro as Director of Football. Stelios Asst. Mgr.
Last edited by bobo the clown on Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.