Which muppet can we appoint next?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Which muppet can we appoint next?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:32 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
LeverEnd wrote: You really think he just makes it up?!
Well, has there been a shred of support for any of the names he's come out with during the appointment process? Anyway, Ilses is simply a journo who plays no part in our club whatsoever, and as such is no more important than anyone else outside the club.
Apart from when he broke the news of Parkinson being appointed?

End of the day only one name will be appointed. Many may be talked to, considered even offered....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:46 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
:lol: Oh my God, what is it with you? If you throw enough shit at a wall then eventually a turd will stick.

How come it's Iles that you're fantasising over these days anyway? What happened to Nixon? Restraining order per chance?

Seriously mate, your obsession with individual hacks is very unnerving.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:10 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
:lol: Oh my God, what is it with you? If you throw enough shit at a wall then eventually a turd will stick.

How come it's Iles that you're fantasising over these days anyway? What happened to Nixon? Restraining order per chance?

Seriously mate, your obsession with individual hacks is very unnerving.
No obsession. Just an observation that people criticise him without a decent comprehension of what has happened and what he's actually said.

He didn't claim anyone else had been appointed. He claimed earlier in the week that it was between Coterrill and Adkins but that claim was backed up with a direct quote from Ken.

It changed and he then reported Parkinson was being appointed.

I don't care either way but the criticism he takes is often based on incorrect assumptions and half truths rather than the reality.

A lot of his stories the past few weeks have included quotes from Ken and son. I'd say he can't do much beyond report what they say, plus try to keep on top of the rumours.

As an example the Bolton news, not Iles reported a manager was being unveiled last Monday. Iles came back from holiday on the Sunday and said his suspicion was that wouldn't happen. Took a load of grief from people asking him why he'd written previously it was that Monday, ignoring the fact he didn't write it, the BN went with that story as they'd been told by the club that was what was happening. Then Parkinson became more easily available and timeline changed as presumably did the appointed name.

Easy to say he's wrong all the time, but oddly enough when he is spot on everyone just ignores those instances.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:13 pm

I heard from a reliable ish source today that we could only afford the compo for Parkinson once Lennon signed for Hibs. We were still paying Lennon apparently
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:28 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:I heard from a reliable ish source today that we could only afford the compo for Parkinson once Lennon signed for Hibs. We were still paying Lennon apparently
Now that does sound like something from a reliable source, and perfectly plausible.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:37 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:I heard from a reliable ish source today that we could only afford the compo for Parkinson once Lennon signed for Hibs. We were still paying Lennon apparently
Hm timing does match up, and if true, at least he didn't happily sit and collect gardening leave payments like Megson (allegedly, from a few sources) did.
Not just from a few sources, TAB, that's what happened. He started work at Hillsborough just as soon as his contract with us expired.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:45 pm

I can't promise that If I were offered that kind of contract that I wouldn't also take full advantage of it!!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:59 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
throwawayboltonian wrote:
Hm timing does match up, and if true, at least he didn't happily sit and collect gardening leave payments like Megson (allegedly, from a few sources) did.
Not just from a few sources, TAB, that's what happened. He started work at Hillsborough just as soon as his contract with us expired.
Glad Lennon is back in, even more so now. Makes sense with the apparent late change of tactic too.

HG for BN!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:52 am

BWFC_Insane wrote: I don't care either way but the criticism he takes is often based on incorrect assumptions and half truths rather than the reality.
His job is exactly that! I'm not criticising the fella, but half of what he writes is incorrect assumptions, half truths and guesses. Much of so called football news is so. He can't complain if accused of incorrect assumptions!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:36 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: I don't care either way but the criticism he takes is often based on incorrect assumptions and half truths rather than the reality.
His job is exactly that! I'm not criticising the fella, but half of what he writes is incorrect assumptions, half truths and guesses. Much of so called football news is so. He can't complain if accused of incorrect assumptions!
Indeed. He's portrayed by some as having some sort of inside information. When it pans out wrong, he's allegedly only reporting what he's been told, and when it pans out right it's because if these stupendous insider titbits. You know, the same ones that were wrong for 12 of the last 13 weeks.

I'm not criticising Iles, that's his job. The truly gullible are the folks that recant it as some sorta gospel. I think Brucie is right. Throw enough turds and one may stick.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:41 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Indeed. He's portrayed by some as having some sort of inside information. When it pans out wrong, he's allegedly only reporting what he's been told, and when it pans out right it's because if these stupendous insider titbits. You know, the same ones that were wrong for 12 of the last 13 weeks.

I'm not criticising Iles, that's his job. The truly gullible are the folks that recant it as some sorta gospel. I think Brucie is right. Throw enough turds and one may stick.
He gets a lot of direct quotes from KA and DH and whoever they decide represent them.

If there was no local paper nobody else would bother. I don't think he's doing the same job as a national journalist who probably has thousands of agents as contacts who all spin out stories to suit their agendas.

I think he's hamstrung by the level of information the club gives him. I still think right now he's the best chance of finding out what is going on.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:47 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

He gets a lot of direct quotes from KA and DH and whoever they decide represent them.

If there was no local paper nobody else would bother. I don't think he's doing the same job as a national journalist who probably has thousands of agents as contacts who all spin out stories to suit their agendas.

I think he's hamstrung by the level of information the club gives him. I still think right now he's the best chance of finding out what is going on.
I'm sorry to break this to you BWFCi but you ain't done Iles any favours what so ever.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:41 am

As we now know which "muppet" we've appointed shouldn't this thread be closed? (Not that I think Parky is a muppet)
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:48 am

Riviman wrote:As we now know which "muppet" we've appointed shouldn't this thread be closed? (Not that I think Parky is a muppet)
My fault! Mentioned the roy Keane link which seemed better on here than polluting PP's positive thread. Although in a 'look what you could have had' way it makes the appointment even more appealing.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:54 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:

Mate. Can you kindly take your fellating of journalists elsewhere please, and let's concentrate on matters that actually concern BWFC on here? Thanks. Oh, and take your Gordon Sharrock poster with you. :D

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:33 pm

thebish wrote:I can't promise that If I were offered that kind of contract that I wouldn't also take full advantage of it!!

And this! :shock: From a man of the cloth!

HOW VERY DARE YOU. :lol:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Mate. Can you kindly take your fellating of journalists elsewhere ..
:shock: :shock: :shock: Does DSB know about this ? Or Keyser ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:27 am

i love what they've done with the wanderers press room, laurence llewelyn bowen on acid....

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:31 pm

Peter Reid has left the building.........

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:22 pm

:lol:
Pfffft.