Which muppet can we appoint next?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: Which muppet can we appoint next?

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:11 pm

LeverEnd wrote:You can't spot the difference between Holding and Wilson either!
Old age..though to be fair that was Worthy :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:42 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
throwawayboltonian wrote:
I'd say that's pretty successful. If after relegation (as is likely) we are promoted back into the Championship, then finish 10th the season the season after you'd classify our hypothetical manager as successful, no? I'm not clamouring for Brown as our manager, but I think trying to dash down his modest success at Southend is rather unfair.
I think Brucie is just telling Insano to put down the hyperbole thesaurus. Brown looks to have done a good job at Southend, but huge success is a couple notches up the hyperbole ladder for me. 1st season up is often easier than the 2nd, or at least that's how I remember it in the Premiership. Lets see how Brown does next year before chucking around the level 4 hyperbole...
Exactamundo.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:50 pm

Lever End wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
throwawayboltonian wrote:I can't tell the difference between Holding and Wilson
That's Lever End's fault
We need Worthy to sort out all these misquotes
Does that about sum it up?

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:17 pm

jmjhb wrote:We're pissing in the bargain bucket. Not gonna do much better than Brownie.
Which basically equates to we're fxcked, then.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:09 pm

I think jiminhios failed his audition.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:11 pm

Infact, if this was a real job interview, he's gone in, asked the female director to put the kettle on milk and one please love, slapped her arse on the way out, called her "a nice bit of totty", dropped his kegs and done a helicopter...

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:48 pm

Be reet.
Businesswoman of the year.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:14 pm

Phil Brown's Southend went in front at home to Gillingham (reasonably comfortable in the play-off zone) but were pegged back and are now three points and three places off the play-offs.

Keith Hill's Rochdale went a goal down and a man down at Oldham but won 3-2. A point behind Southend (four off the play-offs, then) in 11th place; their previous finishes in this division under Hill have been 9th (2011, after which he left for Barnsley and they went down) and 8th (last year, after he took them back up).

Any other candidates we might be keeping an eye on? "We" as in fans, not just Dean Holdsworth.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:15 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Be reet.
No, I think dibs said he'd beat his root... or something similar.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:18 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Phil Brown's Southend went in front at home to Gillingham (reasonably comfortable in the play-off zone) but were pegged back and are now three points and three places off the play-offs.

Keith Hill's Rochdale went a goal down and a man down at Oldham but won 3-2. A point behind Southend (four off the play-offs, then) in 11th place; their previous finishes in this division under Hill have been 9th (2011, after which he left for Barnsley and they went down) and 8th (last year, after he took them back up).

Any other candidates we might be keeping an eye on? "We" as in fans, not just Dean Holdsworth.
Warnock. But he'd cost money we haven't got now. If only we had the foresight...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:20 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Any other candidates we might be keeping an eye on? "We" as in fans, not just Dean Holdsworth.
Warnock. But he'd cost money we haven't got now. If only we had the foresight...
Aye, happen. Not sure he wants a third-tier rebuild job. More the quick saviour. Obviously still loves it though.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:28 pm

If we got Redknapp, we could use his dog as Tax Consultant, to help fund loan repayments.

I was going to suggest Nigel Clough, used to rebuilding, then I spotted that Burton will probably be in a different division to us next season...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:35 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Any other candidates we might be keeping an eye on? "We" as in fans, not just Dean Holdsworth.
Aye, happen. Not sure he wants a third-tier rebuild job. More the quick saviour. Obviously still loves it though.
Apologies. I'm still getting my head round it'll be a third tier rebuild. I'm mentally stuck on a second tier rebuild.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:43 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Apologies. I'm still getting my head round it'll be a third tier rebuild. I'm mentally stuck on a second tier rebuild.
I'm with you, brother. It's a throwback. Repeat after me: we've been through worse. We've been through worse. We've been through worse...

DJBlu
Site Admin

Post by DJBlu » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:20 pm

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:33 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Phil Brown's Southend went in front at home to Gillingham (reasonably comfortable in the play-off zone) but were pegged back and are now three points and three places off the play-offs.

Aye missed the boat there. If Rotherham don't throw the bank at him to keep him there next season they'd be crackers.

Hopefully, our next chap was sat on the couch this afternoon desperately waiting for a chance to get back into the game. What's Danny Wilson doing these days?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:42 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Aye missed the boat there. If Rotherham don't throw the bank at him to keep him there next season they'd be crackers.

Hopefully, our next chap was sat on the couch this afternoon desperately waiting for a chance to get back into the game. What's Danny Wilson doing these days?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:50 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:What's Danny Wilson doing these days?
Trying to keep Chesterfield in League One. It's an interesting shout, but he's had a mixed few years. High points have included taking Hartlepool up (from the Fourth) and getting Sheffield United to the Third Division play-off final, but in the last 12 years he's been at Mk Dons (relegated to the Fourth), Hartlepool, Swindon, Blades and Barnsley and he's not stopped anywhere longer than two and half years.

One of the shitter news-churning websites has us "considering" Northampton's Chris Wilder. Done really well considering the financial weirdness there - they're 11 points clear atop League Two.

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:52 pm

Chris Wilder would be my shout. He took charge of a relegation-threatened Northampton Town twelve months ago and now has them flying at the top of the league; he got Oxford United promoted from the Conference and then comfortable in mid-table; he was a success whilst working under financial constraints at Halifax Town and in a strange parallel with ourselves, his team were also two-nil down today but came back to win it at the death. My worry is that he would have too much sense to come to this shambles.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:59 pm

Nicko58 wrote:

Chris Wilder would be my shout. He took charge of a relegation-threatened Northampton Town twelve months ago and now has them flying at the top of the league; he got Oxford United promoted from the Conference and then comfortable in mid-table; he was a success whilst working under financial constraints at Halifax Town and in a strange parallel with ourselves, his team were also two-nil down today but came back to win it at the death. My worry is that he would have too much sense to come to this shambles.
Yep - I'd just mentioned him, must've been while you were typing :D Sheffielder, did a six-year Conference stint managing Halifax, so he's used to the tough stuff. Well worth a look, see if he wants to chat; this season's obviously over for us so we can hold fire till summer, see who's interested.