Which muppet can we appoint next?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Which muppet can we appoint next?

Post by bobo the clown » Tue May 24, 2016 9:31 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:I agree. And I fear that next season is going to be as grim as the last. But ultimately I find it hard to see the FL lifting the embargo, short of a sudden influx of cash from somewhere. I guess they might allow for a "one in one out" policy under their monitoring as they have at other clubs. But again I'm not really expecting it unless something quite significant changes from the past 3 months.
...which makes it even more annoying that we've released Threlkeld and Maher...
Totally amazing still.
I can sort of see the reasoning - an expense we could divest - but it's such short-termism, especially in embargo. If we weren't in embargo but still skint, we might be able to rehire them - but not once they're gone...
I guess until July 1 they have the possibility of re-offering them a contract. (He says, clutching at straws).
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue May 24, 2016 9:40 pm

*Think* they can start taking to other clubs one month before their contract starts running out (or they could go abroad now, eg Scotland).
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue May 24, 2016 9:53 pm

Prufrock wrote:*Think* they can start taking to other clubs one month before their contract starts running out (or they could go abroad now, eg Scotland).
And in reality their agents will be talking already to anyone who'll answer the phone.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue May 24, 2016 10:03 pm

Prufrock wrote:*Think* they can start taking to other clubs one month before their contract starts running out (or they could go abroad now, eg Scotland).
And in reality their agents will be talking already to anyone who'll answer the phone.
Quite right too.

Saw a report saying leeds have formally approached 2 managers while Evans is still in post. Appalling behaviour but par from.the course from Cellino.
Anyway it also said we were keen if he gets the bullet. Might be an unpleasant type but we'll do no better in terms of box ticking for the role.
Please just include a belt in his contract.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 25, 2016 11:27 am

BBC: John Sheridan set to be appointed by Notts County.

So we can't afford Rochdale's manager, nor can we have Oldham's manager, who has now chosen to join a fourth-tier side.

But yeah, we'll shit this division.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 25, 2016 11:38 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:BBC: John Sheridan set to be appointed by Notts County.

So we can't afford Rochdale's manager, nor can we have Oldham's manager, who has now chosen to join a fourth-tier side.

Nor could we afford the small salaries of Maher and Threlkeld...

Reality is biting hard.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed May 25, 2016 11:39 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:BBC: John Sheridan set to be appointed by Notts County.

DSB I take it by your comments that you have insider knowledge that KA/DH actually wanted either of the two, and approached Rochdale & Oldham, discussed finances with their respective managers who have subsequently turned BWFC down ?

I honestly didn't think that you where one of those 'speculative' posters....have you ever though that perhaps KA/DH don't want either of them ?

I'm sure Sheridan's was quoted weeks ago saying that he's not heard anything from Bolton, and I've not heard anything regarding Hill and I know a couple of mates who know him very well and are adamant that he's not had any approach from Bolton to date.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed May 25, 2016 11:43 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Reality is biting hard.
And you know this for a fact do you chief ?, you know that KA/DH actually wanted them in the 23 man 1st team squad that they said they want to go with next season - please stop this nonsense posting of utter rubbish, do you really want to keep stirring up shite like this or do you like others really want to try & de stabilise the club without knowing of any facts.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 25, 2016 11:46 am

Peter Thompson wrote:

DSB I take it by your comments that you have insider knowledge that KA/DH actually wanted either of the two, and approached Rochdale & Oldham, discussed finances with their respective managers who have subsequently turned BWFC down ?

I honestly didn't think that you where one of those 'speculative' posters....have you ever though that perhaps KA/DH don't want either of them ?

I'm sure Sheridan's was quoted weeks ago saying that he's not heard anything from Bolton, and I've not heard anything regarding Hill and I know a couple of mates who know him very well and are adamant that he's not had any approach from Bolton to date.
It seems we didn't properly approach Hill and Sheridan because we can't afford compensation for them, just as we can't afford it for Phil Brown. Have you noticed that we aren't linked with anyone in a job, bar Steve Evans, who won't be for long? Do you think that's coincidence?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 25, 2016 11:48 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Reality is biting hard.
And you know this for a fact do you chief ?, you know that KA/DH actually wanted them in the 23 man 1st team squad that they said they want to go with next season - please stop this nonsense posting of utter rubbish, do you really want to keep stirring up shite like this or do you like others really want to try & de stabilise the club without knowing of any facts.
If we're limited to posting facts, PT, you might as well pack up your keyboard. You are, let's not forget, the chap who posted that we'd get promoted with any manager except Peter Reid, who'd get us relegated. You know that for a fact, do you? Do you have sources in infinite alternative realities of the future? And your opinion on Reid: you think that's "stablising"?

Spare us your faux moralising. If you don't agree with someone, fine. I often don't agree with you, but I don't piss my pants about it.
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Wed May 25, 2016 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 25, 2016 11:50 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Reality is biting hard.
KA/DH are managing first team football matters are they in your world? When Holding goes, and we're in embargo where is the cover coming from?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed May 25, 2016 12:59 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Reality is biting hard.
If we're limited to posting facts, PT, you might as well pack up your keyboard. You are, let's not forget, the chap who posted that we'd get promoted with any manager except Peter Reid, who'd get us relegated. You know that for a fact, do you? Do you have sources in infinite alternative realities of the future? And your opinion on Reid: you think that's "stablising"?

Spare us your faux moralising. If you don't agree with someone, fine. I often don't agree with you, but I don't piss my pants about it.[/quote]

Far from it, I was actually laughing about how Sheridan to Notts County has upset you enough to post what you did....it surprised me a lot - and how on earth can you slate anyone for moralising....you're the worst on here by far on that front

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Wed May 25, 2016 1:16 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Reality is biting hard.
KA/DH are managing first team football matters are they in your world? When Holding goes, and we're in embargo where is the cover coming from?
WTF are you going on about - you wrote that the club can't afford the small salaries of Maher & Thelkeld....and as usual you've not answered the question, like you & everyone else at this moment in time we have no idea who's managing first team matters do we ?

No one (apart from KA/DH and other board members) know the reason why they let those 2 go, personally I think it had nothing to do with money and it was down to the required squad size, and the fact that they aren't really that good. Also no one apart from those mentioned know what will happen if & when Holding goes and what will happen with the transfer fee, again nor you, me, Iles, Nixon and other posters know if & when the transfer embargo will be lifted.

But as I've mentioned before, you appear to believe absolutely everything (and I mean everything) that the likes of Iles & Nixon publish or tweet....you said that 'reality is biting hard' - what reality is this exactly ? If it comes to light that KA & DH are absolute chancers, and are destroying the club then I will come out and slate them, but they are both keeping their intentions very close to their chest which personally I like, and personally I believe that they actually have a plan A, B & C.

Lets at least give them until 1st July before laying into them everyday over 'so called' rumours - who knows we may have a manager in place by then (even better than Hill or Sheridan !!) & have the embargo lifted, we may also have somehow managed to offload the likes of Dervite & Pratley and brought one or two players in.

The fact is that none of us know exactly what is being done behind the scenes, and people are just guessing & believing almost every rumour....which I don't think is helpful to the club at this moment in time.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Wed May 25, 2016 1:29 pm

I think I've just started my period!

:|

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 25, 2016 1:45 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
WTF are you going on about - you wrote that the club can't afford the small salaries of Maher & Thelkeld....and as usual you've not answered the question, like you & everyone else at this moment in time we have no idea who's managing first team matters do we ?

No one (apart from KA/DH and other board members) know the reason why they let those 2 go, personally I think it had nothing to do with money and it was down to the required squad size, and the fact that they aren't really that good. Also no one apart from those mentioned know what will happen if & when Holding goes and what will happen with the transfer fee, again nor you, me, Iles, Nixon and other posters know if & when the transfer embargo will be lifted.

But as I've mentioned before, you appear to believe absolutely everything (and I mean everything) that the likes of Iles & Nixon publish or tweet....you said that 'reality is biting hard' - what reality is this exactly ? If it comes to light that KA & DH are absolute chancers, and are destroying the club then I will come out and slate them, but they are both keeping their intentions very close to their chest which personally I like, and personally I believe that they actually have a plan A, B & C.

Lets at least give them until 1st July before laying into them everyday over 'so called' rumours - who knows we may have a manager in place by then (even better than Hill or Sheridan !!) & have the embargo lifted, we may also have somehow managed to offload the likes of Dervite & Pratley and brought one or two players in.

The fact is that none of us know exactly what is being done behind the scenes, and people are just guessing & believing almost every rumour....which I don't think is helpful to the club at this moment in time.
You can believe what you like.

I hope they sort things out. There is still time. I hope that we get a decent manager and have the embargo lifted and sign some players and build a decent squad.

About 2 months ago Anderson promised "a board would be announced by next week and a new manager should be in place by the end of it".

That is 2 months and counting.

And there is still no accounts submitted. And Anderson has not stuck his money in yet.

All of that is not rumour or conjecture or even open to debate.

There is still time to sort it out and as you say have a manager, board and embargo lifted by July. I hope they can do that. For the sake of the fans I really hope they do.

SmokinFrazier
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by SmokinFrazier » Wed May 25, 2016 3:53 pm

If the owners don't have the money to give Maher and Threlkeld new contracts, there's no way the FA would have allowed them to buy the club in the first place. They wouldn't cost £5k a week for the pair of them, so if we were that skint, there's no way the takeover deal could have gone through because the new owners simply wouldn't have the money to run a football club.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed May 25, 2016 4:03 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:If the owners don't have the money to give Maher and Threlkeld new contracts, there's no way the FA would have allowed them to buy the club in the first place. They wouldn't cost £5k a week for the pair of them, so if we were that skint, there's no way the takeover deal could have gone through because the new owners simply wouldn't have the money to run a football club.
Or the FL took certain things on trust rather than see a founder member liquidated? Or the money was there but isn't now?
We don't know for sure what's going on but we will see soon enough. It's reasonable to say wait and see but equally so to comment and speculate in the absence of solid information.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed May 25, 2016 4:10 pm

The same FA who deemed Thaskin Shinawatra a "fit and proper person". I admire your faith.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed May 25, 2016 4:32 pm

SmokinFrazier wrote:If the owners don't have the money to give Maher and Threlkeld new contracts, there's no way the FA would have allowed them to buy the club in the first place. They wouldn't cost £5k a week for the pair of them, so if we were that skint, there's no way the takeover deal could have gone through because the new owners simply wouldn't have the money to run a football club.
The FA have nothing to do with this. It is the Football League.

And their approval was based on a business plan allied to proof funds were there to carry out that plan.

Even if we ignore the possibility that some funds promised may have not materialised the FL approved a plan that may have involved cutting every cost possible. And may have checked that funding to that level was in place.

As stated they approved it but still had concerns as was revealed in court. Their option was let it go to admin and cost hundreds of jobs or approve with some caveats.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed May 25, 2016 4:38 pm

Maybe things have changed since January.