Which muppet can we appoint next?

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Which muppet can we appoint next?

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:44 am

On the wrong thread, BWFC_Insane wrote:Heard a rumour from someone I know with decent links to some staff at the club, Steve Cotterill announced tomorrow, press conference Monday/Tuesday.

Same person was bang on about Freedman but also told me we were getting Chris Coleman when it turned out to be Megson....We shall see...think I'd prefer Adkins personally....
throwawayboltonian wrote:I think I'd prefer Adkins, but Cotterill will get me more cash on my bet!
Iles did a Twitter vote, and of 1,292 responses 39% favoured Adkins, 34% Cotterill, 27% "Doesn't matter". This is the kind of electorate to which we offer an EU referendum.

I'm leaning more toward Adkins but my mate who covered Burnley for a while prefers Cotterill, despite thinking he's a bit "spiky".

I think either could well do a job, and the key with this sort of thing is not to take refuge in an alternative world where we hired the other guy and Everything Would Be Better (a sort of managerial Andranik Syndrome). It's a tough decision but at least on this occasion we seem to have had more than one option, whereas quite a few recent managerial appointments felt like faits accomplis.

UPDATE The BN's now saying the announcement could be on Monday, so both our camera-friendly owners can be there: "to cap off a hugely confusing week, Wanderers are now considering putting the announcement off until Monday so that both owners, Ken Anderson and Dean Holdsworth, can be present at the press conference." Oh and we might downgrade the academy (again) to save money.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:13 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
On the wrong thread, BWFC_Insane wrote:Heard a rumour from someone I know with decent links to some staff at the club, Steve Cotterill announced tomorrow, press conference Monday/Tuesday.

Same person was bang on about Freedman but also told me we were getting Chris Coleman when it turned out to be Megson....We shall see...think I'd prefer Adkins personally....
throwawayboltonian wrote:I think I'd prefer Adkins, but Cotterill will get me more cash on my bet!
Iles did a Twitter vote, and of 1,292 responses 39% favoured Adkins, 34% Cotterill, 27% "Doesn't matter". This is the kind of electorate to which we offer an EU referendum.

I'm leaning more toward Adkins but my mate who covered Burnley for a while prefers Cotterill, despite thinking he's a bit "spiky".

I think either could well do a job, and the key with this sort of thing is not to take refuge in an alternative world where we hired the other guy and Everything Would Be Better (a sort of managerial Andranik Syndrome). It's a tough decision but at least on this occasion we seem to have had more than one option, whereas quite a few recent managerial appointments felt like faits accomplis.

UPDATE The BN's now saying the announcement could be on Monday, so both our camera-friendly owners can be there: "to cap off a hugely confusing week, Wanderers are now considering putting the announcement off until Monday so that both owners, Ken Anderson and Dean Holdsworth, can be present at the press conference." Oh and we might downgrade the academy (again) to save money.
And please point out just what the feck is wrong with peoples opinions or don't you like it when it doesn't tally with yours?

Bloody condescending.

And while we are on the subject now you've got my blood up, neither of the wankers named will do feck all for BWFC nor will an ex agent and his ex player stripper shagger, this club is fecked for years now.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:36 am

... but, barnet, maybe it really doesn't.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:49 am

Hoboh wrote:

And please point out just what the feck is wrong with peoples opinions or don't you like it when it doesn't tally with yours?

Bloody condescending.

And while we are on the subject now you've got my blood up, neither of the wankers named will do feck all for BWFC nor will an ex agent and his ex player stripper shagger, this club is fecked for years now.
I'd probably take one of the blue pills around now, Hobes and stop the yellow ones until Monday.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:13 pm

Hoboh wrote:

Bloody condescending.

:doh:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:17 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Iles did a Twitter vote, and of 1,292 responses 39% favoured Adkins, 34% Cotterill, 27% "Doesn't matter". This is the kind of electorate to which we offer an EU referendum.
I mean the sort of people who vote "Don't Know". If that comes across to you as condescending, I'm sorry for you, although I won't lose sleep over it. But for the record (again), I've said several times on here that everyone has a right to an opinion, even when I disagree with them.
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:17 pm

:lmfao:
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:25 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Iles did a Twitter vote, and of 1,292 responses 39% favoured Adkins, 34% Cotterill, 27% "Doesn't matter". This is the kind of electorate to which we offer an EU referendum.
I mean the sort of people who vote "Don't Know". If that comes across to you as condescending, I'm sorry for you, although I won't lose sleep over it. But for the record (again), I've said several times on here that everyone has a right to an opinion, even when I disagree with them.
"Doesn't matter" is a fair category in this case as many people may feel that either could be successful/unsuccessful and don't have a preference....

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:52 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
"Doesn't matter" is a fair category in this case as many people may feel that either could be successful/unsuccessful and don't have a preference....
It's a shit category and a wanker-magnet. DOESNT MATTER ANYWAY COS KENS A DICKHEAD LOL

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:20 pm

Red alert, red alert...
Marc Iles ‏@MarcIles 3m3 minutes ago

Stand by your beds folks... #bwfc
Press conference tomorrow 10.30....

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:26 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Red alert, red alert...

It'll be called off at 10:15!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:28 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Red alert, red alert...

It'll be called off at 10:15!
Clubs media manager has tweeted it so if they change plans again it will be on very official record and be very embarassing!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:47 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:Phil Parkinson's odds slashed to 1/2 now too. Odd considering we'd ruled him out. Wouldn't say no but I kinda want my £100 :)
Yes I saw that. Maybe the new owners have someone lined up and have relented on compensation. Or maybe it's more bookie bullshit like the Giggs link. Looks most likely to be Cotterill.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:57 pm

Iles has just tweeted there is a plot twist...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:59 pm

It's Parkinson!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:59 pm

It is Parkinson....

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14 ... w_manager/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:06 pm

I don't know much about him to be honest. Some of you seem to rater him! His CV ain't nothing special.... especially compared to Adkins/Cotterill.
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

chester white
Promising
Promising

Post by chester white » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:06 pm

Without blowing smoke up his arse Nixon called this miles better than Iles has
The Sherpa Van Trophy! We've won it one time!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:09 pm

Well pleased with this. Bradford fans love him and he's got promotions and great cup runs on a tiny budget. Well done to the owners, I've been critical but credit where it is due.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:10 pm

chester white wrote:Without blowing smoke up his arse Nixon called this miles better than Iles has
Thanks, Alan.