For new signings, ask the man from the Pru

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: For new signings, ask the man from the Pru

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 20, 2016 8:03 pm

Miguel Luis Pinto Veloso, is out of Contract this summer...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri May 20, 2016 10:04 pm

Unfortunately, Mario Jardel is indisposed due to eating problems. Must have missed this when it broke: :lol:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/f ... el-6690462" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sat May 21, 2016 12:53 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Holdsworth on Holding, per BN:
It has to be a deal that suits the football club and not anyone else. If it isn’t right we will not do it.

He is going to play in the Premier League all day long. He will be a top player and I think he could go on to be an international.

He has got representatives who speak to us and keep a dialogue with us. His heart is here and I think it always will be. At some point he will go on. I think he has to for his career because we rate him that highly. But right now we need to do the best for the football club and the fans.

There are qualities in him that I have seen in many top players I played with and played against. He is unflustered, calm on the ball, able to step into areas and that is a vital ingredient for any modern day centre-half now, he needs to be able to use the ball.

Rob has got all of that, has an amazing future ahead of him, and if he listens to the right people he will achieve all that.
He's going then.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat May 21, 2016 1:44 pm

Athers wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Holdsworth on Holding, per BN:
It has to be a deal that suits the football club and not anyone else. If it isn’t right we will not do it.

He is going to play in the Premier League all day long. He will be a top player and I think he could go on to be an international.

He has got representatives who speak to us and keep a dialogue with us. His heart is here and I think it always will be. At some point he will go on. I think he has to for his career because we rate him that highly. But right now we need to do the best for the football club and the fans.

There are qualities in him that I have seen in many top players I played with and played against. He is unflustered, calm on the ball, able to step into areas and that is a vital ingredient for any modern day centre-half now, he needs to be able to use the ball.

Rob has got all of that, has an amazing future ahead of him, and if he listens to the right people he will achieve all that.
He's going then.
somewhere where he will be playing all day long! better get in the gym! :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue May 24, 2016 9:26 am

Him that missed that sitter for Scotland's just walked through T1 Arrivals. I do hope he isn't on his way to our place. #worsethanmadine
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue May 24, 2016 9:27 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Him that missed that sitter for Scotland's just walked through T1 Arrivals. I do hope he isn't on his way to our place. #worsethanmadine
Don't think you need to worry about that... :wink:

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Tue May 24, 2016 5:11 pm

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/05/24/po ... pic-add-a/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dervite to go ... Please !!
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Wed May 25, 2016 4:30 am

Riviman wrote:http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/05/24/po ... pic-add-a/

Dervite to go ... Please !!
So we are planning to play Pratley at Centre Back next season then.

palekm08
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by palekm08 » Thu May 26, 2016 7:49 am

"according to The Sun, Arsenal have launched an official £1.2m offer plus performance-related add-ons." for rob holding. the offer better include wage free loans from arsenal, and holding to be loaned back to us. otherwise im still not happy with the offer

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu May 26, 2016 8:32 am

palekm08 wrote:"otherwise im still not happy with the offer
I'm sure Arsene will be very sorry to hear that :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 26, 2016 12:35 pm

If the lad's signed up? we'd be better keeping him. If not, work at getting him so. Wenger is hardly known for generosity. In this day abd age 1.2 mil is pocket change for some clubs.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu May 26, 2016 12:48 pm

Never mind the outgoings. If, and only if, the embargo is lifted, I can almost hear the conversations between agents and players: "Right John, Bolton are offering a 2 year deal, but they've had a couple of months where they looked dodgy on paying the wages. Fleetwood are offering less money, but you're guaranteed to get it".

Hands up all those who would leave their current position to go somewhere they might not get paid. It's not only free transfers we could be looking at, it's free transfers where players have been offered no other alternative deals. Sort of narrows the market, and also means we could be left bringing players in right at the end of the market, when those with no club are getting desperate.

Happy days.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu May 26, 2016 1:40 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Never mind the outgoings. If, and only if, the embargo is lifted, I can almost hear the conversations between agents and players: "Right John, Bolton are offering a 2 year deal, but they've had a couple of months where they looked dodgy on paying the wages. Fleetwood are offering less money, but you're guaranteed to get it".

Hands up all those who would leave their current position to go somewhere they might not get paid. It's not only free transfers we could be looking at, it's free transfers where players have been offered no other alternative deals. Sort of narrows the market, and also means we could be left bringing players in right at the end of the market, when those with no club are getting desperate.

Happy days.
#destabiliser

I reckon Fleetwood might be offering more than us anyway...

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Thu May 26, 2016 6:34 pm

Fleetwood have already been busy this week! Signed 2 goalies and a goal getter! :oops:

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Thu May 26, 2016 9:32 pm

jonnycooper wrote:Fleetwood have already been busy this week! Signed 2 goalies and a goal getter! :oops:
And our former centre-half (who never really got out of the DevSquad) that we signed from Leicester for an undisclosed fee. Cian Bolger.

I think "we'll have to work with what we've got" will be the mantra for the new manager.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Fri May 27, 2016 2:09 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:
jonnycooper wrote:Fleetwood have already been busy this week! Signed 2 goalies and a goal getter! :oops:
And our former centre-half (who never really got out of the DevSquad) that we signed from Leicester for an undisclosed fee. Cian Bolger.

I think "we'll have to work with what we've got" will be the mantra for the new manager.
They just released a Striker(Shola Ameobi)!! Might be worth a punt! :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri May 27, 2016 4:45 pm

jonnycooper wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:

They just released a Striker(Shola Ameobi)!! Might be worth a punt! :wink:
I'd be happier with him than most we've had up front lately.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Sat May 28, 2016 9:52 am

Liked Ameobi when he was here previously. If he wanted to come back and we could afford him I think he could do a job in this division.
Pfffft.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Sat May 28, 2016 10:00 am

TKIZ! wrote:Liked Ameobi when he was here previously. If he wanted to come back and we could afford him I think he could do a job in this division.

We couldn't afford him when he was free :lol:
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat May 28, 2016 10:09 am

plymouth wanderer wrote:
TKIZ! wrote:Liked Ameobi when he was here previously. If he wanted to come back and we could afford him I think he could do a job in this division.

We couldn't afford him when he was free :lol:
I just think he looked mobile & dangerous when compared to Emile tbh.

(& Madina, which goes without saying ... which is why I didn't say it. ....... except I now have.

Oo'er. ..... Nurse !!!)
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".