For new signings, ask the man from the Pru

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Re: For new signings, ask the man from the Pru

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:05 am

You'll have free rein next week when the half term is over and I'm back at work. :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:09 am

TonyDomingos wrote:You'll have free rein next week when the half term is over and I'm back at work. :D
You call that work!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:01 am

TonyDomingos wrote:You'll have free rein next week when the half term is over and I'm back at work. :D
Half-term being over will also mean I'm up an hour earlier... :(

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:11 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Me too.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:15 am

malcd1 wrote:
Me too.
Just in time for the (also-returned) Iles's hot-off-yesterday's-presses transfer gossip!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:41 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/etc

The new club spokesman, Lee Anderson, makes positive noises about the CEO and chairman's relationship, appointment of a new manager, lifting of the embargo and transfers in & out.

I've put it on here because of the claim that "a couple of our big hitters" will be leaving soon (and not on loan). Happy days.
Whereas I've put it (with quotes) on the Sports Shield thread :D

Sooner we get shut, the better... Yes we'll have to replace but I can't imagine Mavies is worth nine times the average L1 wage, Pratley seven times. Release the albatrosses!

Also on the site: We're considering asking to loan Holding back if he goes where he won't get regular football - and we might also wait for a tribunal next summer.
What I suspect we both missed was the clue in the headline: "Bolton Wanderers owners are men united". :D
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:26 pm

I realised how visceral my hatred of those bastards was the other day when an advert starting Bill Bailey made me want to root for prostate cancer.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TheHeatonWanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TheHeatonWanderer » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:03 am

Darren Pratley apparently wanted by Wigan Athletic according to the Bolton News.
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14 ... _by_Wigan/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:06 am

TheHeatonWanderer wrote:Darren Pratley apparently wanted by Wigan Athletic according to the Bolton News.
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14 ... _by_Wigan/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm not getting my hopes up. He's the new Zat Knight :evil:

TheHeatonWanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TheHeatonWanderer » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:10 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
TheHeatonWanderer wrote:Darren Pratley apparently wanted by Wigan Athletic according to the Bolton News.
Come on Zat Knight was bad but not that bad :lol:

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:19 am

TheHeatonWanderer wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
They are as bad as each other.

TheHeatonWanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TheHeatonWanderer » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:25 am

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
TheHeatonWanderer wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
They are as bad as each other.
As we saw in the season we went down from the premier league. :roll:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:07 pm

OK. Well, I know we're borassic but how much do you think we could pay them to take him ?
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:20 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
OK. Well, I know we're borassic but how much do you think we could pay them to take him ?

I've just won 6 months worth of Aerial Washing powder. If I donate it to Wigan they might accept that for him?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:38 pm

twilight wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

I've just won 6 months worth of Aerial Washing powder. If I donate it to Wigan they might accept that for him?
I'd hold back & see if 3 months worth would do it. But if we are forced that'd be a good bargaining chip. I have 2 half-used, not-quite-stale Roberts' medium sliced loaf's they can have too. But they'll need to hurry.

I feel the race is hotting up.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TheHeatonWanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TheHeatonWanderer » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:39 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
I would be paying them to have Pratley :lol:

twilight
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by twilight » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:50 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
twilight wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

I'd hold back & see if 3 months worth would do it. But if we are forced that'd be a good bargaining chip. I have 2 half-used, not-quite-stale Roberts' medium sliced loaf's they can have too. But they'll need to hurry.

Yeah you might be right holding out with 3 months worth...I was panicking a bit though in case they lost interest!

TheHeatonWanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by TheHeatonWanderer » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:54 pm

twilight wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
twilight wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Yeah you might be right holding out with 3 months worth...I was panicking a bit though in case they lost interest!
Great deal for us that! I'll start the car up.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:07 pm

twilight wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
twilight wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

Save some in case they want Amos too. He struggles to keep a clean sheet.
Às armas, às armas!
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!

Norpig
Promising
Promising

Post by Norpig » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:11 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
twilight wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:

I have just won £6.50 on Euromillions I am willing to donate should cover the signing on fee!