For new signings, ask the man from the Pru

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Re: For new signings, ask the man from the Pru

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:42 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
malcd1 wrote:Marc Iles tweeted that he does not expect a decision today or a statement from club.
Both will be along shortly then.
Presumably in 48 hours :D

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:48 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
malcd1 wrote:Marc Iles tweeted that he does not expect a decision today or a statement from club.
I suspect today is a meeting to agree what paperwork the club must produce that would satisfy the FL enough to get the embargo lifted.

Then it is a question of producing the assurances they ask for.

Given that the transfer window SLAMS open on Friday do you not think they would have discussed this before now?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:58 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
I suspect today is a meeting to agree what paperwork the club must produce that would satisfy the FL enough to get the embargo lifted.

Then it is a question of producing the assurances they ask for.

Given that the transfer window SLAMS open on Friday do you not think they would have discussed this before now?
When it "officially" opens is not really relevant. Clubs are already making lots of signings.

The league put back the meeting, and I'm sure some initial discussions have taken place but I suspect that it is more than have a nice chat and hey presto no embargo. Sure there is a mountain of paperwork to get through in order to get it lifted.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:22 pm

^^^ there you go. Worrying again. Nothing good comes from it.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:55 pm

I see that Niall Maher's signed for Bury. Was he one of the ones that we released at the end of last season? Looked half decent when I saw him.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:36 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:I see that Niall Maher's signed for Bury. Was he one of the ones that we released at the end of last season? Looked half decent when I saw him.
Yep, he was. Good luck to him, except against us.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:20 pm

Embargo or not! Nobody on here knows that the Club or Parky has,nt already been lining up new signings in readiness for the lifting of said Embargo!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:43 pm

jonnycooper wrote:Embargo or not! Nobody on here knows that the Club or Parky has,nt already been lining up new signings in readiness for the lifting of said Embargo!
I'd like to think that that's exactly what he's been doing, Jonny. Is there anyone at Bratfert worth nicking do we know?
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:57 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
jonnycooper wrote:Embargo or not! Nobody on here knows that the Club or Parky has,nt already been lining up new signings in readiness for the lifting of said Embargo!
I'd like to think that that's exactly what he's been doing, Jonny. Is there anyone at Bratfert worth nicking do we know?
Supposedly he has a deal with one of his ex players, Proctor in place should we get clearance...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:17 am

Presumably the vast majority of folk worth having will be saying "I'd love to, but this other team are offering me an actual contract".
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:53 am

I would have thought the first question for any player approached would be, " It's alright having a contract, but will you actually pay me"?
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:19 am

Three young trialists expected to play at Colls: Belgian winger Jonathan Kindermans, Romanian winger Constantin Sandu and English striker Jarvis Nutt. Probably more for the Academy than first team, but hey - you're old enough if you're good enough or we're desperate enough. (per BN)

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:32 pm

If we sign Europeans on say a three year contract, and article 50 is signed soon, how will that affect the right to work of these players? Would we be anle to claim either compensation or off our insurance to cover the cost of potentially losing them?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:10 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:If we sign Europeans on say a three year contract, and article 50 is signed soon, how will that affect the right to work of these players? Would we be anle to claim either compensation or off our insurance to cover the cost of potentially losing them?
It's a serious and very complicated question but I would assume that most who come over to work - especially on fixed-term contracts, like footballers - would be allowed to stay.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:59 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:If we sign Europeans on say a three year contract, and article 50 is signed soon, how will that affect the right to work of these players? Would we be anle to claim either compensation or off our insurance to cover the cost of potentially losing them?
I'd like to know who has actually said anybody would be kicked out who is already living and working here?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:06 pm

Hoboh wrote:
I'd like to know who has actually said anybody would be kicked out who is already living and working here?
But what about people who come now? Or post article 50 enactment and then what happens for players wanting to come after that? Do we go back to needing work permits for European players?

Would mean teams like Bolton in league one would be domestic players only.

Rjs37
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rjs37 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:57 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
But what about people who come now? Or post article 50 enactment and then what happens for players wanting to come after that? Do we go back to needing work permits for European players?

It would likely be post EU exit. i.e. after the 2 years. No laws have changed as of yet, so the freedom of movement is still currently in place. They won't retrospectively kick people out who moved here completely legally.

I think the bigger question is when it comes to signing for a new club (after the 2 years), would they have to apply for a visa at that point to continue working in this country?
Last edited by Rjs37 on Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:58 pm

Tyler Garretts gone. Is Moxey still here?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:40 pm

Who the fck is Tyler Garret ??
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:43 pm

Rjs37 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

It would likely be post EU exit. i.e. after the 2 years. No laws have changed as of yet, so the freedom of movement is still currently in place. They won't retrospectively kick people out who moved here completely legally.

I think the bigger question is when it comes to signing for a new club (after the 2 years), would they have to apply for a visa at that point to continue working in this country?
They'd set the rules going forward similar to what exists now for players from outside the EU. Standards would have to be met and then no worries.

It may have an impact on the lower level players but would that be a bad thing for local talent ? At present even clubs in the blooming Conference have piles of non-UK players which must impact local development.