For new signings, ask the man from the Pru

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Re: For new signings, ask the man from the Pru

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:37 am

If Bury and Rotherham think they can snare le Fondre, I doubt he's much if anything above our level. I suppose it depends on what if any, other offers come in to him by the end of this month.

I agree that Clough has displayed the odd flash of talent, but nothing anywhere near enough to justify some of the hype. I look forward to the endless drivel about us flogging off talent cheaply if he does go to Boro or Fulham as rumoured. If he can't stay fit, he's no use to us. If he isn't tough enough to put a shift in and make a contribution by scoring goals for his 7 grand a week, then the same applies. I really hope I'm wrong, but I've seen little to suggest otherwise so far.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:20 am

I'm not even sure Le Fondre is the type Parky would go for. I think we need pace. Whilst Le Fondre scores goals you're committed to playing 2 up top and I wonder how many times we might do that?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:16 pm

Granted, but as I mentioned on the match thread, I suspect PP will go with 2 up top against some of the weaker teams in the division. If he's not going to do that then I really worry about how many we'll score this year and promotion looks further away. I'm sure he couldn't have missed the yawning gulf between Madine and the midfield on Saturday.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:23 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Granted, but as I mentioned on the match thread, I suspect PP will go with 2 up top against some of the weaker teams in the division. If he's not going to do that then I really worry about how many we'll score this year and promotion looks further away. I'm sure he couldn't have missed the yawning gulf between Madine and the midfield on Saturday.
... aye. And that is greatly reduced once Proctor came on
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:40 pm

I thought that too. That said, it s easier to run like a headless for 20 mins than from the off, I thought he held it better and distributed it better (Proctor)...Rather than wait for the MF, he actually tried to find it. Didn't look any more like finding the onion, though.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:19 am

Alan Nixon wrote:Wigan. Bolton. Talks on about a move for left back Andrew Taylor to swap clubs ...
Another one who I have never heard of before. Left back or left midfield played previously for Boro, Cardiff and Wigan. Wiki have him being only 5 ' 10".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Ta ... _born_1986" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:07 am

Watched a lot of Cardiff in the years before they went up to the prem (housemate was a fan). Always thought he looked a good un.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:30 am

Out of interest how's that young lad we sold Wigan doing? Andy Kellet
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:49 am

per BN, Bradford chairman Edin Rahic has been trumpeting about how they beat us to the loan signing of West Ham’s Ireland U21 midfielder Josh Cullen: “We fought very hard to get Josh. I think Bolton were desperate to sign him as well as two or three Championship clubs. We were informed we had no chance at one stage. There was interest from the Championship and we knew it would also be difficult with his links to Phil and to Tim Breacker (Wanderers’ chief scout).”

Parky responds:
Josh is a player I signed last year and he’s a very, very good player but we’ve got a lot of midfield players. Unfortunately for us we’ve got a restriction on numbers so to bring in another at this stage would detract from other areas. That happens quite a lot in football where a good player becomes available but you already have enough in that position. Edin’s probably point-scoring a bit there.
Marc Iles, same report: “The Bolton News understands Parkinson will target a left-back as competition for Dean Moxey as his next likely move to bolster his squad before adding to his attacking options later in the window. Wanderers have yet to turn to the loan market but have earmarked two possible Premier League deals which are still in the pipeline.“

ExiledViking
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ExiledViking » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:41 am

malcd1 wrote:
Alan Nixon wrote:Wigan. Bolton. Talks on about a move for left back Andrew Taylor to swap clubs ...
Another one who I have never heard of before. Left back or left midfield played previously for Boro, Cardiff and Wigan. Wiki have him being only 5 ' 10".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Ta ... _born_1986" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
He's absolute garbage!
one of our weak links at the back in 2014/15, along with Leon Barnett and Rob Kiernan.
flaps about too much when put under pressure. AVOID!
plymouth wanderer wrote:Out of interest how's that young lad we sold Wigan doing? Andy Kellet
He's currently injured, shame really always looks pretty good when he plays.

You can have Craig Davies back if you want?
The penalty he missed in the JPT Semi against Barnsley is only just coming back into orbit lol

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:13 pm

^^ he must have middled the thing then !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

ExiledViking
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ExiledViking » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:13 pm

bobo the clown wrote:^^ he must have middled the thing then !!
Aye, he did that alright! lol

CONFIRMED...
Andrew Taylor is a Bolton player for the season...
https://mobile.twitter.com/LaticsOffici ... 2421190656" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My sincere commiserations :wink:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:10 pm

You don't know what we have got used to sonny Jim! He'll be POTY.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:14 pm

Bit concerned that we seem to once again be prioritising full back cover over very clear and obvious gaps in the first team. We will only play one left back, but we definitely need another winger and another forward.

I'm sure we are trying to sign those players but I hope like last year we've not used up too much of a limited budget on players to provide squad cover.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:41 pm

Make that 2 wingers, Taylor is awful. I'd be sending him out on loan now!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:10 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Make that 2 wingers, Taylor is awful. I'd be sending him out on loan now!
I'm thinking he might get better...replacing thinking with blindly hoping....

bristol_Wanderer3
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by bristol_Wanderer3 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:46 pm

I quite like this signing. We seem very short of naturally left footed players, and prior to it we were one Moxey injury away from having to play someone totally out of position, or play an untried youngster. He can even put pressure on Taylor too...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:49 pm

bristol_Wanderer3 wrote:I quite like this signing. We seem very short of naturally left footed players, and prior to it we were one Moxey injury away from having to play someone totally out of position, or play an untried youngster. He can even put pressure on Taylor too...

Definitely needed. Moxey is unreliable, typical recent bwfc loser.

irie Cee Bee
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by irie Cee Bee » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:41 pm

I like PP's approach.. building from the back to prevent last seasons debacle of conceding 2 goals every game. Good teams are founded on strong defenses and clean sheets.

So now we have cover for GK, LB, RB and CH.

Next priority: wingers. We need two more with some pace.

Finally: Another striker to play off Proctor and Madine. Then we are done.

That should make the squad complete and ready.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:54 pm

irie Cee Bee wrote:I like PP's approach.. building from the back to prevent last seasons debacle of conceding 2 goals every game. Good teams are founded on strong defenses and clean sheets.

So now we have cover for GK, LB, RB and CH.

Next priority: wingers. We need two more with some pace.

Finally: Another striker to play off Proctor and Madine. Then we are done.

That should make the squad complete and ready.

aye - and the prem loans to come... it'll all be rosy! panic not ye fannies! :oyea: