For new signings, ask the man from the Pru

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: For new signings, ask the man from the Pru

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:22 pm

bobo the clown wrote:How would we have been allowed another 3 ?

.... & what's changed that would let us pat £cash.

.... & who's Jay Simpson ? (It's OK. Google is my friend. But I just know nothing of players at this level).
Ken basically said on the radio that we are 'constantly working with the FL to move the embargo situation'. And basically that since we are now compliant with FFP that has given us extra 'room'.

Not sure how much, understandably he wasn't giving precise details. But sounded a fluid situation.

danardif1
Reliable
Reliable

Post by danardif1 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:I'm just wondering whether we'll pick up anyone who's now out of contract. According to PP, a sixth deal fell through at 9.30 pm on Thursday, so presumably he would like another one in.
Ken Anderson said we had three more players we'd have liked to have signed, and would have been allowed to. Mind he also said focus was now on working with what we have till January.

Think the one that fell through was a cash buy.....
We can't have been about to part with any cash as we can only permanently sign players on a free at the moment.
Well not according to Ken! And Iles reckons the cash buy was Jay Simpson.
Wonder if we were allowed to because we'd got the Woolery sale?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:19 pm

danardif1 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:I'm just wondering whether we'll pick up anyone who's now out of contract. According to PP, a sixth deal fell through at 9.30 pm on Thursday, so presumably he would like another one in.
Ken Anderson said we had three more players we'd have liked to have signed, and would have been allowed to. Mind he also said focus was now on working with what we have till January.

Think the one that fell through was a cash buy.....
We can't have been about to part with any cash as we can only permanently sign players on a free at the moment.
Well not according to Ken! And Iles reckons the cash buy was Jay Simpson.
Wonder if we were allowed to because we'd got the Woolery sale?
maybe it was just never as cut and dried and definite as some have led us to believe...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:45 pm

^^ that's you he's dissing DSB.

Just saying, like.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:54 am

thebish wrote:
maybe it was just never as cut and dried and definite as some have led us to believe...
Listen to the interview. It is very good and honest. But he explains that the cap on squad size was relaxed because we'd managed to get ourselves under the "financial fair play limit" so I assume the 60% salary cap. Once we'd done that the league relaxed embargo restrictions, without lifting the embargo entirely.

Given the timing of things etc one might guess that Amos going out was what tipped the scales on this....wages wise....

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:02 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:
Listen to the interview. It is very good and honest. But he explains that the cap on squad size was relaxed because we'd managed to get ourselves under the "financial fair play limit" so I assume the 60% salary cap. Once we'd done that the league relaxed embargo restrictions, without lifting the embargo entirely.

Given the timing of things etc one might guess that Amos going out was what tipped the scales on this....wages wise....
His wages weren't counted due to the signed before September of the relegation season with a contract of 3 years or more thing.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:06 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
thebish wrote:

His wages weren't counted due to the signed before September of the relegation season with a contract of 3 years or more thing.
That is true. However, we do not know whether given the special measures the league were using that 60% as a general measure of our financial health, rather than the absolute barrier. In other words they may have said "show us that you can operate within that restriction as a whole, to demonstrate financial viability".

Otherwise it is hard to see how we would breach that in the first place.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:30 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
That is true. However, we do not know whether given the special measures the league were using that 60% as a general measure of our financial health, rather than the absolute barrier. In other words they may have said "show us that you can operate within that restriction as a whole, to demonstrate financial viability".

Otherwise it is hard to see how we would breach that in the first place.
Who knows? As long as we're getting to a sustainable future I don't really care.

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:20 pm

We are apparently getting a development fee for Marcus Alonso. Moneys money
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:36 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:We are apparently getting a development fee for Marcus Alonso. Moneys money
... a %'age of £25m ?? Interesting
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:17 pm

plymouth wanderer wrote:We are apparently getting a development fee for Marcus Alonso. Moneys money
where did you hear that? I said it on twitter last week jokingly to see if I got any bites (I didn't), but would be delighted if it were true and I could claim to be ITK
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:28 pm

Nowhere concrete. I swear I've heard it muttered a few times over the years! It's to help the smaller clubs when the inevitable happens! http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/2/847885521?-11201:838:3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:29 pm

i read Real Madrid have a right to 60% from 5% of the fee which goes to clubs who developed a player, under the solidarity scheme.

so if Chelsea paid £25m, 5% is £1.25m, it will mean £750k for them and assuming the other 40% is ours, £500k !?!?

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:55 pm

Iles suggested earlier on today on Twits that it was 'a pittance' what we would be paid. Either way it's a bit of cashola
Pfffft.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:25 am

Might be a few players wages for a couple of weeks, or even better, be enough to mutually terminate another bit of shit in prep for January
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:05 pm

Noticed on the Transfermarkt site that nobody has still picked up Junior Hoilett. Surprised Coyle hasn't offered him a trial at Dingles. Worth looking into if he's willing to drop a couple of divisions and wages. Ryan Babbel also on that list:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statisti ... osespieler" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pfffft.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:40 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Noticed on the Transfermarkt site that nobody has still picked up Junior Hoilett. Surprised Coyle hasn't offered him a trial at Dingles. Worth looking into if he's willing to drop a couple of divisions and wages. Ryan Babbel also on that list:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statisti ... osespieler" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nigel Reo Coker and Joey O'Brien on there too
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:55 pm

See Chris Eagles signed for Accrington Stanley. Always felt we might have chased him up and got him back. We could have done a lot worse, I reckon....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:56 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:See Chris Eagles signed for Accrington Stanley. Always felt we might have chased him up and got him back. We could have done a lot worse, I reckon....
Perhaps, but there must be a reason why it hasn't worked out for him at Blackpool, Charlton and Bury or why he hasn't managed to attract better than Accrington Stanley.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:27 pm

TKIZ! wrote:Noticed on the Transfermarkt site that nobody has still picked up Junior Hoilett. Surprised Coyle hasn't offered him a trial at Dingles. Worth looking into if he's willing to drop a couple of divisions and wages. Ryan Babbel also on that list:

Mentioned the same a couple of weeks ago. Would still have alot to offer