For new signings, ask the man from the Pru

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: For new signings, ask the man from the Pru

Post by boltonboris » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:02 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Looks like Arsenal won't bother entering the Football League Trophy.

Nor will Man U, or Man C, or Liverpool, or Spurs, or Chelsea.
Isn't it something to do with that European Elite league thingy?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:02 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Looks like Arsenal won't bother entering the Football League Trophy.

Nor will Man U, or Man C, or Liverpool, or Spurs, or Chelsea.
But they have the choice. I suspect Arsenal if they sign Holding would far rather send him to championship level or abroad than stick him back into league one.

I'd like him back on loan, but then I do wonder if it would be the best thing for his development, and I suspect it wouldn't be.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:Not so sure on Wheater, his problem is always being injured. He'd have to be very cheap in my view.
I think he's alright, but if he signs back on, we're just looking exactly like the shit that fvcked us over last season. Why should we keep trusting them?

I don't want a a COMPLETE overhaul of the team, but I was hoping to have a turnaround of 6 or 7 of the main XI to be honest.. If anything, but to stop the rot

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:39 pm

boltonboris wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Not so sure on Wheater, his problem is always being injured. He'd have to be very cheap in my view.
I think he's alright, but if he signs back on, we're just looking exactly like the shit that fvcked us over last season. Why should we keep trusting them?

I don't want a a COMPLETE overhaul of the team, but I was hoping to have a turnaround of 6 or 7 of the main XI to be honest.. If anything, but to stop the rot
Agreed. Though the worst cases like Pratley and Mark Davies seem likely to still be here.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:55 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:

Agreed. Though the worst cases like Pratley and Mark Davies seem likely to still be here.
I agree on one of those... As you know

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:56 pm

I don't think Holding's career would necessarily be best served by spending a year in third-class football. Nor do I think we'd be wise to demand that loan as part of the deal.

Got a lot of time for Wheater but he did have his limitations and I would worry about how much we might pay an injury-prone player who has proved fairly immobile. Might not be a massive problem if we play with a low block. trying to trust in Parky...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:40 pm

boltonboris wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:

I agree on one of those... As you know
I'd love to know what you think Davies has done in his time here to warrant what he's been paid? When has he ever, ever over a consistent period of time looked like controlling a midfield for us? I think he has to be the worst of the highly paid failures surely?

plymouth wanderer
Icon
Icon

Post by plymouth wanderer » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:01 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
plymouth wanderer wrote:I see to think he ripped us a new one when we played themy ( not hard I know)

On Holding....3 million. Loaned back to us for a season and a player in on loan! I'll be happy with that! It's nothing to these prem teams now.

Was listening on talks port a few days ago that each team in the prem can easily afford a 30 million pound player if they so wish!

Crazy!!
Why would you sign Holding and loan him back to a league one side? Given premiership clubs hoard youngsters anyway, and can enter into the new lower league cup thing, can't see many wanting Holding to play league one level.
Does it hurt to ask? Would you not like to see him here for one more season? Bloke has a handful of games under his belt! Hardly Maldini! If I were KA,DH I think they should at least ask! It's no beyond the realms of possibility!
Never get into an argument with an idiot. i'll bring you down to my level and beat you with experience

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:09 pm

BN reporting that we've accepted an improved bid by Arsenal for Holding.
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... r_Holding/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Nicko58
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nicko58 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:13 pm

Nixon says that we are interested in Gordon Greer, presumably as a replacement for Holding.
'Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.'

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:13 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:BN reporting that we've accepted an improved bid by Arsenal for Holding.
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... r_Holding/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

why don't these premiership b'stards develop their own fecking players - the robbing b'stards... :evil:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:14 pm

Nicko58 wrote:Nixon says that we are interested in Germaineordon Greer, presumably as a replacement for Holding.

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:22 pm

Nicko58 wrote:Nixon says that we are interested in Gordon Greer, presumably as a replacement for Holding.
I had to look up Greer (never heard of him!). He's almost 36; too old, surely? Although, he does clock in at 6'3".
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:33 pm

boltonboris wrote:

That's where I'm at. Know there might be some players we just can't move, but if players like Spearing, Amos, Pratley, Mavies, Wheater etc. have any aspirations to be considered as anything other than League 1 standard at best, then they're going to have to get off their collective asses and prove it.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:36 pm

thebish wrote:
TonyDomingos wrote:BN reporting that we've accepted an improved bid by Arsenal for Holding.

why don't these premiership b'stards develop their own fecking players - the robbing b'stards... :evil:
In fairness if they did we might once again be struggling to make ends meet come next summer. Need the money. It isn't a bad deal for someone who has played 30 games. Funds our academy for a fair while does that.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:45 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
Nicko58 wrote:Nixon says that we are interested in Gordon Greer, presumably as a replacement for Holding.
I had to look up Greer (never heard of him!). He's almost 36; too old, surely? Although, he does clock in at 6'3".
Late starter. He'd be a 12 month man I'd guess.

What we desperately do need are players with drive & determination. With footballing intelligence. Our great recent team had several players with a captain mentality. Nolan, Davies, Speed, Okocha, Hierro. Obviously a different level but players who motivate others .....& by the crack we haven't had that for a while.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:06 am

Josh Vela..

time for him to step up - properly step up - and fulfil his potential over a full season... he'll not have a better chance to shine.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:05 am

thebish wrote:Josh Vela..

time for him to step up - properly step up - and fulfil his potential over a full season... he'll not have a better chance to shine.
...except perhaps in 2017/18 when we've finally cleared fellow central midfielders Spearing, Mavies and Trotter off the payroll. Vela & Pratz the engine room for the "second time lucky?" push to get out of this division.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:07 am

Serious question, is Vela actually all that good? After initial promise when he broke through for the odd premiership cameo I've seen very little to suggest he's anything but an average player.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:08 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:Serious question, is Vela actually all that good? After initial promise when he broke through for the odd premiership cameo I've seen very little to suggest he's anything but an average player.
it's time to find out...

it'll be interesting to see where Parky plays him..