For new signings, ask the man from the Pru

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: For new signings, ask the man from the Pru

Post by thebish » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:20 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
throwawayboltonian wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Erm, isn't today the last day for us to loan out our expensive types? :?
Fairly certain that window closed a few days back; at least the BN ran an article about it closing with none of our big earners tempting a single club except Feeney (and he's on a middling wage IIRC).
Ah, cheers mate. So we've kept our best players then- yeay :D

aye - it's all good! :lol:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:36 pm

I'll help pru out...

from my local Exeter Express & Echo...

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/T ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Could Dean Moxey be a summer transfer target for Exeter City? The 30-year-old defender left St James's Park for Derby County in May 2009 for a fee of around £300,000.

The left-back has enjoyed a successful career since leaving St James's Park making more than 50 appearances for the Rams before joining Crystal Palace in 2011 and helping the Eagles get promoted to the Premier League.

He was released by Palace at the end of 2013/14 season though and joined Bolton Wanderers. He has had turbulent time at the Reebok Stadium, with Bolton being relegated to League One this season.

It is thought the left-back still has a year to run on his current deal with Wanderers and that might price City out of a move for their former player even if he was interested in coming back. City's chances of signing him could also rest on their ability to get promoted this season, with plenty of League One clubs and some Championship sides likely to be interested in signing the ex-Premier League player.
hmmm hardly a rumour - has absolutely NO basis in anything that has happened or been said by anyone at all - but that's as good as this thread is ever gonna get!! 8)

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:47 pm

I bear no ill will to Exeter, but summat's gone terribly wrong if they pick up someone we're shedding because of Wage Concern.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:02 pm

Would he walk to Exeter though?

If I'm being honest it is a lot of petrol money these days. And what with stop start technology I can't even claim the engine's running.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Riviman
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Riviman » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:54 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-36099522" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ched Evans anyone, now he's innocent !! Well at least until his next trial, then who knows?
I feel reborn !!!! No more confussion

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:01 pm

throwawayboltonian wrote:I've got to say that for all the criticisms we've been giving the players, myself included, it's somewhat encouraging to read that Wheater has taken a pay cut to remain involved with the club. It's only bonuses that he's waived, but it's a respectable move from someone whose dedication has been questioned this season.
I agree. It accidentally puts Spearing in a bad light but that's not fair - the bonus would be to LFC not him, and even though he could theoretically offer to foot the bill, at £100,000 that's a lot for him to foot over a short period of time.

Interesting, mind, that he (Wheater) would get "up to £10,000" in appearance bonuses on top of a fair old salary anyway. Wow, we've signed some contracts in our time.
Last edited by Dave Sutton's barnet on Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:09 pm

That's Wheater's appearance bonus not Spearing - my fault for the lack of clarity. I could understand an injury-prone lad like Wheater having a decent appearance bonus but I bet he's not on a ten-bob basic.

HOWEVER ALL THAT SAID it's a nice thing done by someone who is by all accounts a nice bloke - just someone we can't afford any more.

david lee's bald patch
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by david lee's bald patch » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:38 pm

Is his contract up at the end of the season? If so am I the only one who thinks he's waving the bonuses to make sure he's in the shop window for his next contract. Not that anyone could blame him for doing it like...

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:45 pm

Wheater's contract is up, and yes from what I've read he's on a decent whack - signed in the Prem and extended by Freedman before the cost-cutting (same with Davies). Good bloke, a rabble-rouser and easily our best "big ugly bloke" defender - gets in the way of an awful lot - but frequently targeted and bypassed by the oppo 'cos he's neither swift nor agile.

He'll leave with my best wishes. Put it this way, I reckon without him we'd have lost at Eastleigh.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:50 pm

Fair play to the Toby Jug, but I once saw him pulling out onto CNR in his car, which is this, basically, only in that dreadful 'footballer's matt grey colour', which is quite apt for a dreadful footballer. So I'm guessing that he'll get by, and it'll keep him playing / in the shop window until he get's sold off at the earliest opportunity.

May the bridges I burn light your way

david lee's bald patch
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by david lee's bald patch » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:54 pm

I don't wish Wheater any ill at all, just strikes me as odd that everyone thinks this is a lovely gesture by him - which it may be. Maybe i'm just cynical in my old age

david lee's bald patch
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by david lee's bald patch » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:09 pm

david lee's bald patch wrote:I don't wish Wheater any ill at all, just strikes me as odd that everyone thinks this is a lovely gesture by him - which it may be. Maybe i'm just cynical in my old age
Waiving contractual obligations that he's legally entitled to isn't a gesture of goodwill? I'd be interested in seeing how many people would do the same for their roles and contracts, and I include myself in that category. I'm not certain I would being honest, after narrowly avoiding redundancy last year.
It is a gesture, but the trade off is he gets to play (when the bonuses may rule him out of playing), like I said could just be my cynical side peeping through

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:05 pm

david lee's bald patch wrote:
david lee's bald patch wrote:I don't wish Wheater any ill at all, just strikes me as odd that everyone thinks this is a lovely gesture by him - which it may be. Maybe i'm just cynical in my old age
Waiving contractual obligations that he's legally entitled to isn't a gesture of goodwill? I'd be interested in seeing how many people would do the same for their roles and contracts, and I include myself in that category. I'm not certain I would being honest, after narrowly avoiding redundancy last year.
It is a gesture, but the trade off is he gets to play (when the bonuses may rule him out of playing), like I said could just be my cynical side peeping through
That was my thought. 'Dave we can't pick you again this season because ofyour bonuses. Will you waive them?' He could say no, but it would come out why not and he'd look bad.
I've no problem with Wheater at all, but I suspect there's more self-interest in it than some have suggested.
Last edited by LeverEnd on Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:35 pm

Blimey. We're a fckg tough crowd. The guy had an entitlement which he's waved. It deserved, at the very least, a "fair play" to him.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:55 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Blimey. We're a fckg tough crowd. The guy had an entitlement which he's waved. It deserved, at the very least, a "fair play" to him.
The compassionate face of HR. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, fair play to him from me, but I don't think I'd be renewing his Contract....

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:01 pm

It's good that he wants to play rather than start his holidays early but as far as these payments go he had a choice of playing and not getting them or not playing and not getting them. I like the lad but it's hardly a grand gesture when he needs to be playing for a contract somewhere. Did ok against boro, might get a move back?

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:12 am

Interim manager Jimmy Phillips has confirmed @FilipTwardzik is currently on trial with @slaviaofficial [Slavia Prague].

I guess he wouldn't agree to waive his bonus? And for that, he's no longer getting my vote for POTY.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:16 am

TonyDomingos wrote:Interim manager Jimmy Phillips has confirmed @FilipTwardzik is currently on trial with @slaviaofficial [Slavia Prague].

I guess he wouldn't agree to waive his bonus? And for that, he's no longer getting my vote for POTY.
NOOOOOOOO not Twardzers!!! Next season was DEFIANTELY his season!!!!

#philipsout

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:24 am

It's Pratley's birthday today!!

good day to put him on the official transfer list? 8)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:43 pm

Sole purpose of this thread, finally seeing that useless bastard off.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.