For new signings, ask the man from the Pru

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Re: For new signings, ask the man from the Pru

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:48 pm

Spearing, Davies and Pratley (if he books his feckin' ideas up and stops those stupid headlocks) shoulr be more than enough for anyone else in this division

I'd even be tempted to play Derik in front of the back 4 for a bit of aggression and mobility and play him with Spearing and Sparky
Last edited by boltonboris on Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:49 pm

boltonboris wrote:Spearing, Davies and Pratley (if he books his feckin' ideas up and stops those stupid headlocks) shoulr be more than enough for anyone else in this division
aye...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:54 pm

Shame we're going to be getting rid of Darren then :D!

Hard to tell individuals in friendlies, especially new signings. Need time to bed in. I went to the friendly that SKD and Bridges made their debuts in. Thought Bridges looked a prospect but that Davies was a useless clogger who would never make it.

#chiefscout
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:56 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Woolery came on at Mansfield and looked dangerous in that we finally had someone who could get behind their defence. Proctor was so static and slow looking so it made a difference. His final ball wasn't always great but he got a couple in. More of a sprinter than a footballer though, but let's hope he can develop that side of his game. If the coaching is simple and sensible and plays to.his strengths, he could be useful.

Vela is the most overrated player we have I think. He's better than walker, but not a 100 percent tryer. He's a had a few decent games but I can't see him playing regularly above league 1 level because he's no more than average at anything. Spearing should be first midfield pick every time. He had an urgency and presence about him on Saturday that was totally lacking from Vela and the clueless Trotter.
Cheers. Wasn't it Trotter whose press forced the misplaced pass from which Max fed Zach? One swallow and all that, but I hope there's scope for Trotter yet.
boltonboris wrote:Spearing, Davies and Pratley (if he books his feckin' ideas up and stops those stupid headlocks) shoulr be more than enough for anyone else in this division

I'd even be tempted to play Derik in front of the back 4 for a bit of aggression and mobility and play him with Spearing and Sparky
At the mo Parky seems to think Derik is a right-back. He seems to want busy shuttlers in central (defensive) midfield.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:05 pm

DSB, hope so too re Trotter, can't remember what happened before Claytons pass. Trotter came back from.Forest much improved but looked at his worst Saturday. Will judge him properly when the season starts but it didn't fill me with optimism. Clayton and Woolery helped us be more direct and incisive with pace and passing respectively.
Trotter had the ball at his feet a number of times and looked slow of feet and thought. Maybe he'll sharpen up!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:34 pm

LeverEnd wrote:DSB, hope so too re Trotter, can't remember what happened before Claytons pass. Trotter came back from.Forest much improved but looked at his worst Saturday. Will judge him properly when the season starts but it didn't fill me with optimism. Clayton and Woolery helped us be more direct and incisive with pace and passing respectively.
Trotter had the ball at his feet a number of times and looked slow of feet and thought. Maybe he'll sharpen up!

Did just enough...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:54 pm

boltonboris wrote:Wellington has signed for Fluminense, so that's out of the question too
Thank god for that because he was shite!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:09 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:Wellington has signed for Fluminense, so that's out of the question too
Of course, you'd rather have a 6' workhorse to shore things up, as opposed to an actual footballer who could and often did, make things happen.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:10 pm

If I could be arsed looking back, which I can't, I bet I'd see posts from you saying we should have fvcked Chungy off to sign that Chris Burke because he 'grafts'

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:14 pm

boltonboris wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Of course, you'd rather have a 6' workhorse to shore things up, as opposed to an actual footballer who could and often did, make things happen.
Yeah he was ace. He got it, cut inside and hit a shot. Every single time.

Actual footballer my arse. Another from the school of doing a few stepovers and once in blue moon drawing a foul makes you a good player. Where was the substance?

He was shite. If he was even half as good as he thought he was he'd have had championship defenders for breakfast. Instead once they realised he had one move and one move only they had no issue with him.

Feeney offered more in the way of actually creating chances and scoring goals. Feeney.....

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:53 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Actual footballer my arse. Another from the school of doing a few stepovers and once in blue moon drawing a foul makes you a good player. Where was the substance?

He was shite. If he was even half as good as he thought he was he'd have had championship defenders for breakfast. Instead once they realised he had one move and one move only they had no issue with him.

Feeney offered more in the way of actually creating chances and scoring goals. Feeney.....
Utter bollocks Silva was twice the player Feeney will ever be....just we had a manager who didn't have a clue how to get the best out of him....Silva is another Rodrigo, mark my words someone will pay £10M + in the next few years for Silva, Feeney will be lucky to get anyone to pay a £10.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:57 pm

Neal Eardley is starting tonight. Ex birmingham full back I think.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:58 pm

Frazier Richardson snd Gordon Greer in the squad as well.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:01 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
boltonboris wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Utter bollocks Silva was twice the player Feeney will ever be....just we had a manager who didn't have a clue how to get the best out of him....Silva is another Rodrigo, mark my words someone will pay £10M + in the next few years for Silva, Feeney will be lucky to get anyone to pay a £10.
Who created more chances and scored more? Both were in a poor team with a poor manager. Can't use that as an excuse. Silva flattered to deceive. Another fancy dam stepovers merchant with no end product.

I'm sick of it. Ultimately what matters is what you create and what you score and as a defender what you stop. Rest is a bit pointless really.

Players that make the odd good run or look 'silky' but have no real end product are useless.

Also the lad is 23. And every summer Arsenal just loan him out. Says a lot.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:04 pm

Says to me that Feeney was never even considered for Arsenal.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:15 pm

Silva was a disinterested lazy prick. I saw him look a world beater at Hillsborough for 45 mins. Loads of talent no application, typical of what we've had to endure. feck him.
Last edited by LeverEnd on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:34 pm

Looking at the video above, Clough has obviously bulked up in close season.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:59 am

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wa ... Wednesday/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

£2m upfront and significant add ons. For one year left on his contract and 30 games under his belt that's not a bad bit of business.

If Parky now has the option of investing some of that in the squad we'll be in decent shape. Eardley/Greer would be good additions
Pfffft.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:09 am

thebish wrote:
aye...

Didn't we say this last year?

I'd only keep Spearing out of those three.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:43 am

But that's the point.

If we can't shift them, use them. If Parkinson is who we hope he us hell get then organised and get a performance out of them.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".