BWFC Legends Match - Macron Stadium May14th

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Re: BWFC Legends Match - Macron Stadium May14th

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun May 15, 2016 8:00 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:
malcd1 wrote:Full line up confirmed. Should be god.
I agree that Ivan Campo should be there. Why isn't he?
Thought "Le God" was Youri? I mean I liked Campo but if he was head of a religion, it'd attract the kind of crackpots who like Neil F&cking Warnock... :D
For those of us who saw The Miracle of Ewood Park, there are no words...

You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 15, 2016 9:04 am

The entire afternoon was put into context on the way home as, driving down CNR, we saw Darren 'everyone's fault but the players' Pratley driving away from his gated-development residence in his black Aston Martin. You'd have thought that he'd be going around in Groucho Marx kit just now, but no, there he was as bold as brass - window down and the lot. I'm going to carry some piss-filled freezer bags around with me from now on just in case I see the 4ucker again.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun May 15, 2016 2:34 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Any chance of somebody doing a write up of the event?
Club's report - http://mobile.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/r ... 13330.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 15, 2016 3:10 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Any chance of somebody doing a write up of the event?
Club's report - http://mobile.bwfc.co.uk/news/article/r ... 13330.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheers Tony.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun May 15, 2016 3:12 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:The entire afternoon was put into context on the way home as, driving down CNR, we saw Darren 'everyone's fault but the players' Pratley driving away from his gated-development residence in his black Aston Martin. You'd have thought that he'd be going around in Groucho Marx kit just now, but no, there he was as bold as brass - window down and the lot. I'm going to carry some piss-filled freezer bags around with me from now on just in case I see the 4ucker again.
Well that is Thatcher's Britain for ya.... :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 15, 2016 6:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:The entire afternoon was put into context on the way home as, driving down CNR, we saw Darren 'everyone's fault but the players' Pratley driving away from his gated-development residence in his black Aston Martin. You'd have thought that he'd be going around in Groucho Marx kit just now, but no, there he was as bold as brass - window down and the lot. I'm going to carry some piss-filled freezer bags around with me from now on just in case I see the 4ucker again.
Well that is Thatcher's Britain for ya.... :wink:
:D

It was the responsibilities of The State that Thatcher thought should be restricted to the bare essentials, not the output of our central midfielders! ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Mon May 16, 2016 9:29 am

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon May 16, 2016 12:53 pm

well you know where he lives.....

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon May 16, 2016 1:02 pm

NiceHotCuppaTea wrote:
haha the defending for Okocha's second looked just like us all season!

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Tue May 17, 2016 1:11 pm

The full game is on wanderers player if anyone has it: http://www.player.bwfc.co.uk/latest-news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Fri May 20, 2016 8:10 pm

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri May 20, 2016 9:57 pm

Watching the "Behind the scenes" video reminds of just what a great ground and set up we have at the Macron. A top class facility worthy of any club and here we are scrapping about amongst the lower leagues and all because of the club being badly managed and run by incapables. Owners with no money to spend, no current manager and a board with a job on to avoid the club going bust. It really makes you want to weep remembering what we were not that long ago. I just hope the current lot can turn it round and get us back up there.

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Sat May 21, 2016 11:35 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Watching the "Behind the scenes" video reminds of just what a great ground and set up we have at the Macron.
Agreed, that was a great watch too which highlighted just how much the staff and ex-players love the club.

We may have had a terrible season on and off the pitch for one reason or another, but we can't argue with the amount of great (free) content on the youtube channel - probably the best thing about the club this season.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat May 21, 2016 11:56 am

^^ Well, whilst this season is one to forget for many things, I'll remember it, and the Macron, for one of my finest moments. Touring the place then dancing on the hallowed turf for a T.V show was a real lifetime highlight. The roar of the grease paint and the smell of the crowd and all that. Something I'll never forget, ever. :D

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Sat May 21, 2016 12:54 pm

Aye they aren't half carpet bombing the internet with an interview with every single bloke who played in this kick about! Suppose not much good news to go around
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Thu May 26, 2016 9:41 am

TANGODANCER wrote:^^ Well, whilst this season is one to forget for many things, I'll remember it, and the Macron, for one of my finest moments. Touring the place then dancing on the hallowed turf for a T.V show was a real lifetime highlight. The roar of the grease paint and the smell of the crowd and all that. Something I'll never forget, ever. :D

I played on there on Monday night and I don't think my legs are ever going to forget it too...
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu May 26, 2016 10:02 am

Andy Waller wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:^^ Well, whilst this season is one to forget for many things, I'll remember it, and the Macron, for one of my finest moments. Touring the place then dancing on the hallowed turf for a T.V show was a real lifetime highlight. The roar of the grease paint and the smell of the crowd and all that. Something I'll never forget, ever. :D

I played on there on Monday night and I don't think my legs are ever going to forget it too...
What was that AW?

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Fri May 27, 2016 7:58 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Andy Waller wrote:

What was that AW?

It was a Prostate cancer charity game.

won 6-1. Scored with an unstoppable 2 yard drive.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri May 27, 2016 8:43 am

Good for you. And a cause dear to me. Lost my dad a year ago to it.
Hope you celebrated by doing a lap of honour with shirt off.