Relegation Party: the warm up - Brentford (A) 05/04/16

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Relegation Party: the warm up - Brentford (A) 05/04/16

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:07 pm

Some pressure from them (really) and a volley goes over our bar. "Omar Boggle" has apparently scored for Grimsby the mic man says, then.....Trotter misses. We are playing better ...I think...Goal kick us. 0-0 this half so .....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:11 pm

And....we get a throw. Woolery goes and....wins a corner against three defenders. And cleared to Vela, Danns...and we go back to Deryk. And....we get another throw. We're good at getting throws and....and it ends u with Amos. 9062 is the crowd total (300 or so are Bolton faithful).

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:13 pm

Amos saves a long range screamer and they get the corner. Cleared but....Saunders does a Wigan. Now he leaves for Sergie somethingorother. And....Woolery wins a pen....

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:14 pm

Shame with the result. Not surprising. I'm sure one or two players will be disappointed but at the end of the day its a learning curve.

Relegation on Saturday I reckon.

Hopefully we'll turf the senior pros out for the relegation fixture. Don't really think its fair to have the youngsters being the players that deliver the final nail in the relegation coffin.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:14 pm

3-1...Clough..

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:14 pm

Little Green Man wrote:Didn't see the logic of starting Finney with Osede especially if we wanted to look at Osede as a future DM. Wouldn't Wheater have been a better partner for a very raw Finney? Or did they think Wheater can't complete two matches in three days?
I think he's trying all sorts, mate. I don't mind dropping Wheater, who we can't afford. It's obvious and understandable damage limitation to replace Finney and Walker with Wheater and Danns, experienced but expensive professionals. Guess there's no point crucifying the young 'uns, but that's twice now that Walker's been hauled off around an hour into a pasting.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:15 pm

Yeeeeeeessssssssss

A goal

We scored a goal

Wow

Wow

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:16 pm

We can do this!

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:16 pm

Ah, so Wheater and Trotter were just giving us a steer as to how many we'd score tonight.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:16 pm

Mar wrote:Don't really think its fair to have the youngsters being the players that deliver the final nail in the relegation coffin.
I think they'll realise that was well furnished before they got a go. If they want to be players they'll want to play.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:18 pm

And now....(after Woolery got sandwiched and got the pen and Zach converted) Vela gets a card. Woolery getsd it to Danns who gets chopped and wins a free kick in a handy position. And.....scrambled clear and Clough gets a yellow for a rugby tackle. Trotter fouls Judge and, with 70 mins gone, we get a goal kick.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:20 pm

The fightback begins, it's gonna be 3-4. Coywm!!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Mar
Icon
Icon

Post by Mar » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:20 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
Mar wrote:Don't really think its fair to have the youngsters being the players that deliver the final nail in the relegation coffin.
I think they'll realise that was well furnished before they got a go. If they want to be players they'll want to play.
True. But if we are looking for them to be future players I would rather not sully their Bolton careers having them on the pitch when the reality sinks in and the torrent of boos start ringing their way.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:23 pm

Little Green Man wrote:Didn't see the logic of starting Finney with Osede especially if we wanted to look at Osede as a future DM. Wouldn't Wheater have been a better partner for a very raw Finney? Or did they think Wheater can't complete two matches in three days?
I think he's trying all sorts, mate. I don't mind dropping Wheater, who we can't afford. It's obvious and understandable damage limitation to replace Finney and Walker with Wheater and Danns, experienced but expensive professionals. Guess there's no point crucifying the young 'uns, but that's twice now that Walker's been hauled off around an hour into a pasting.
I can see that but Osede is still learning himself. Has he started more than 10 games in England at centre back?

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:24 pm

Mar wrote:
True. But if we are looking for them to be future players I would rather not sully their Bolton careers having them on the pitch when the reality sinks in and the torrent of boos start ringing their way.
They'll have to man up at some point, it's not school sports day... They'll have to get used to losing if they're playing for us :D

I don't think many fans will boo the young players. And when Alan Stubbs was helping us get promoted I didn't link him with the dog days of Phil Neal.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:25 pm

The homers get it and lose it. Danns goes and....Maher's cross goes out for a goal kick. And....to and fro and Woolery goes again and....just can't keep it in. So that's Deryk and Wooley for next season, possibly Amos. Come on lads, book your places...And.....and....cleared back to Amos by them. Now then, is the revival on? Well, not yet, but we are trying. Free kick us again ( well back) and.....Wheater tries a header into the box, but they break and.....Clough goes, Trotter, Wheater and back it comes. Still 1-0 us this half....come on......and.....Vela clears.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:28 pm

Little Green Man wrote:I can see that but Osede is still learning himself. Has he started more than 10 games in England at centre back?
Dunno. This is his 16th start all told.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:30 pm

Says it all really...
Attachments
finger.JPG
finger.JPG (66.21 KiB) Viewed 1684 times
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:31 pm

Homers make a sub as the goalscorer? leaves for an ex Rochdale player (Holden)?..takes over. The homers sally and...we need to mount the big charge...now....we get a free kick via Moxey. Collin leaves for Clarke as young Samizade replaces Woolery for us. COME ON. Pratley gets a yellow saying hello to Judge.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:32 pm

I wonder if Deano got some kind of a 28 day money-back guarantee?