Cardiff Awwww..... feck it!

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Cardiff Awwww..... feck it!

Post by Hoboh » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:16 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:Let's be honest it sounded like it was a spirited performance with 10 men, which means that some of the kids must have played ok and got some good experience - but I bet there wasn't a Bolton fan in the country who didn't expect to concede again in the last minute.

The team are mentality 'weak as piss', the whole club has a losing mentality....we desperately need some leaders out on the pitch next season, we need stronger, tougher players.
Oh behave, giving away a penalty isn't usually a sign of a losing mentality, shit happens.

Sounds like we didn't do too badly actually, my problem is why wait until relegated before one or two of them flash they have actually got balls? Shop window syndrome?

At least if nothing else today shows there maybe something for the new man to work with.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:26 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:Let's be honest it sounded like it was a spirited performance with 10 men, which means that some of the kids must have played ok and got some good experience - but I bet there wasn't a Bolton fan in the country who didn't expect to concede again in the last minute.

The team are mentality 'weak as piss', the whole club has a losing mentality....we desperately need some leaders out on the pitch next season, we need stronger, tougher players.
Oh behave, giving away a penalty isn't usually a sign of a losing mentality, shit happens.

Sounds like we didn't do too badly actually, my problem is why wait until relegated before one or two of them flash they have actually got balls? Shop window syndrome?

At least if nothing else today shows there maybe something for the new man to work with.
In isolation maybe. But the number of games we've been in only to concede late on is frightening. Every home game we sit and joke, 'only a matter of time' if we aren't losing from 80 mins onwards. Sadly it almost always proves to be the case.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:46 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:I'm going for the inevitable on the 92nd minute :hang:
:hang:
Safer bet than the national lottery.
2 minutes out according to the beeb. You could bet your house on it happening, though the bookies would probably decline the bet!

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:25 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

In isolation maybe. But the number of games we've been in only to concede late on is frightening. Every home game we sit and joke, 'only a matter of time' if we aren't losing from 80 mins onwards. Sadly it almost always proves to be the case.
We've conceded 17 goals from the 81st minute onwards; no team in the 92 has conceded more. Preston's team of superstars have conceded 22 in the entire second half.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:41 pm

2 chances then an idiotic challenge for the penalty when there was a covering player.
Talk about defeat from the jaws of victory. Video highlights.

http://www.skysports.com/football/cardi ... ort/340048

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:55 pm

Well, hopefully young Tyler Garrett will learn from that and not do it in a match that means anything.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:57 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Well, hopefully young Tyler Garrett will learn from that and not do it in a match that means anything.
Never heard of him before.
I wonder if he will play the ladt 2 games now that maher is quite rightly banned?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:57 pm

Blimey, that was an awful challenge from Maher on first viewing!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:06 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:Well, hopefully young Tyler Garrett will learn from that and not do it in a match that means anything.
Never heard of him before.
I wonder if he will play the ladt 2 games now that maher is quite rightly banned?
He's a new name on me, too, and so little known that it looks like the Press Association / BBC have misspelled his surname, which seems to be Garratt. Born in Lincoln in October 1996.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:20 pm

Naive defending costs us yet again, but sounded like a great performance over all. Green shoots n all that..
Last edited by Bijou Bob on Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:27 pm

Got to forget the season, put it behind us and take a bit of heart from this. Playing away against a decent side and we only lost to an injury time penalty. No surpise they had the bulk of the play with eleven against ten, but with a bit more composure ( and a decent ref) up front from Woolery and Clough we could have still won it. I'll be corrected by the match goers? Sounded like Garratt, Holding, Threlkeld, Clough and Wollery all did okay and Deryk also sounded like he had a good game. It's a start for building a team
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:51 pm

Amos is absolute wank. Clough head and shoulders above the rest. Two daft decisions from the kids at left back.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:54 pm

Interesting that Iles - who has hardly been a blinkered cheerleader - said the 10 men had the three best chances of the second half. Doesn't sound like we were too weak. Naive, perhaps, but that'll happen - and that's imperative that they get experience this term.

And yeah, another for Amos's nightmare clipreel.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:41 pm

Amos through the legs is bad enough, but what's worse is that he out-psyches the pen taker and then forgets to dive and save it. :conf:

Also, Derik needs to learn how to tackle. The soft pudding.

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:46 pm

Because I live in Fleetwood,I attended the Fleetwood/Blackpool game yesterday! Hayden white was playing for Blackpool and he was probably their best player on the pitch! He should be making his way back to us,because to be honest,he looks a damn site more (up for it) than most of our squad has this season. He reminded me of a young Heskey(stop it).He picked up a booking! (Took it for the team).My missus came to her first ever game and she also thought he was their best player on the pitch..We need to give him a chance next season!

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:51 pm

jonnycooper wrote:Because I live in Fleetwood,I attended the Fleetwood/Blackpool game yesterday! Hayden white was playing for Blackpool and he was probably their best player on the pitch! He should be making his way back to us,because to be honest,he looks a damn site more (up for it) than most of our squad has this season. He reminded me of a young Heskey(stop it).He picked up a booking! (Took it for the team).My missus came to her first ever game and she also thought he was their best player on the pitch..We need to give him a chance next season!
Did you mean to put that on the new manager thread? She couldn't be any worse than some of our previous appointments. :D
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:54 pm

TonyDomingos wrote:
jonnycooper wrote:Because I live in Fleetwood,I attended the Fleetwood/Blackpool game yesterday! Hayden white was playing for Blackpool and he was probably their best player on the pitch! He should be making his way back to us,because to be honest,he looks a damn site more (up for it) than most of our squad has this season. He reminded me of a young Heskey(stop it).He picked up a booking! (Took it for the team).My missus came to her first ever game and she also thought he was their best player on the pitch..We need to give him a chance next season!
Did you mean to put that on the new manager thread? She couldn't be any worse than some of our previous appointments. :D
Aah yes I did!Ooooops. :oops: :oops:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:21 pm

Couple of things though Jonny. One, right-back isn't a position we're badly off for: Maher has impressed, Threlkeld too, and we're still paying Pisano & Wilson next year (although both might go over summer: Pisano back to Italy, Wilson to wherever Graham Westley lands next - he was sacked by Posh yesterday). Two, according to something Iles tweeted White wants to stay at Blackpool, and I can't blame him if he's settled in to first-team football after a few years on the fringe.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:31 pm

White has always looked utterly bobbins whenever I've seen him.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:50 pm

Based on that clip and in retrosect, Maher was clumsy, not vicious and the ref might have seen that except for the Cardiff players over-the-top reactions. The penalty also could be seen as not a deliberate foul (which used to be the criteria for penalties). Cardiff were so desperate I reckon the ref got a big touch of the Yakkies and got fluenced.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?