The End - Fulham (A) 07/05/16

Where fellow sufferers gather to share the pain, longing and unrequited transfer requests that make being a Wanderer what it is...

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: The End - Fulham (A) 07/05/16

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat May 07, 2016 2:12 pm

Well, after a lot of talk about our good defending, they sally force and score. Newell arrives as Pratley leaves the sward. Gee, just when you see a light at the end of the tunnel, you realise it's somebody coming the other way. Whites fans sound in a decent mood considering. More chat about this and that, some scores and we'll get to the game in a minute. I think it was Matt Smith who scored. Even more chat, some more scores then.....Deryk intercepts. Parker getting the good words as the home hero...Newell robbed and we win a throw. A bad pas...??? never. Ref being kind to the homers it seems. Ah well. Less than ten to go to end the torture. "One last hurrah"...??? asks micman? Woolery goes, they clear, we throw....and get some scores. Sealing watch and string before Dobbie replaces Derik.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat May 07, 2016 2:16 pm

WE WIN A CORNER...... :oyea: And.....Dobbie and....Danns shoulders it out for a goalkick. Now we get a free kick and...it is cleared. A quick break, and a shot goes flashing by our post. Amos wallops and.....has it come down yet? Danns, Newell, Dobbie and...Dan Burn robs him and sallies. Amos make THREE cracking saves. :shock:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat May 07, 2016 2:22 pm

Can we do it, course we can....Woolery and....OHHHHHH, a Danns shot is deflected for a corner and....three mins extra and...it ends with a goal kick. Ah, well, a last free kick then and some more mither about Burnley and Boro and....they clear and come visiting and....we hack it away. Dobbie, Newell Danns, Garret and.....a good cross is grabbed by the keeper.

From Buenos Aires, via Paris, Rome and mainly Farnworth, the last Tango from the 2016 match threads bids you good afernoon. :oyea:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 07, 2016 2:26 pm

TFFT - Thanks TD. :-)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat May 07, 2016 2:29 pm

Worthy4England wrote:TFFT - Thanks TD. :-)
^^
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sat May 07, 2016 2:41 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:TFFT - Thanks TD. :-)
^^
Me 3.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat May 07, 2016 2:42 pm

Cheers Tango. Much appreciate the hard work you've put in this season.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat May 07, 2016 2:48 pm

Nice one Tango a thankless task much appreciated.

Good riddance to a disgrace of a season. Until August.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Sat May 07, 2016 2:48 pm

Back in the (packed) pub with Tony D, Enoch, Prufrock and possibly more to come. Will let you know what the hanging jury decide. Fulham weren't as good as the stats made out, mind. But not a great performance for Jimmy Reid's CV.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat May 07, 2016 2:51 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Nice one Tango a thankless task much appreciated.

Hoping it doesn't work quite like that tbh...

Martin_Cruise
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Martin_Cruise » Sat May 07, 2016 3:00 pm

Jimmy Phillips says the board told him not to play Holding because they've had a bid for him

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sat May 07, 2016 3:07 pm

Ta very muchly TD!! You deserve a knighthood for continuing with your commentaries this season! May 16/17 season bring a much needed change in fortunes!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat May 07, 2016 3:11 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
This to the power of at least a thousand.

Definitely our poorest season in my Wanderers watching life (since 74) and I can't imagine that there's been a poorer season in the clubs history.

Actually hopeful for next season as the kids that have come through have proved to be this season's star players. Get rid of the overpaid deadwood, regroup and we go again. COYWM!
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat May 07, 2016 3:15 pm

Martin_Cruise wrote:Jimmy Phillips says the board told him not to play Holding because they've had a bid for him

oooh - do we have a board??

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sat May 07, 2016 4:26 pm

Arsenal in for Holding according to Iles of the BN.

Well that's just great. New owners without a clue or a pot to piss in.

We're in for a bumpy few years.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat May 07, 2016 4:35 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:Arsenal in for Holding according to Iles of the BN.

What on earth are you going on about....I would say that this means that they do have a clue, if we can get a decent fee £3M / £4M + for Holding it could be the difference in the club getting out of League 1 next season, this money could buy us a couple of decent strikers to do a job in League 1....which is what we desperately need.

If they sell him for £1M I agree with you, but we need money to reinvest in other areas of the team and I suspect that the new owners are much better in the transfer market than the two previous clowns.

I'm actually excited by this Holding move, and like I said providing the money is decent may give us a much better chance next season.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sat May 07, 2016 4:39 pm

Peter Thompson wrote:

What on earth are you going on about....I would say that this means that they do have a clue, if we can get a decent fee £3M / £4M + for Holding it could be the difference in the club getting out of League 1 next season, this money could buy us a couple of decent strikers to do a job in League 1....which is what we desperately need.

If they sell him for £1M I agree with you, but we need money to reinvest in other areas of the team and I suspect that the new owners are much better in the transfer market than the two previous clowns.

I'm actually excited by this Holding move, and like I said providing the money is decent may give us a much better chance next season.
Time will tell on the financials. A striker who can do a job in League 1. Like Madine. Bums on seats.

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Sat May 07, 2016 4:43 pm

Dr Hotdog wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:

Time will tell on the financials. A striker who can do a job in League 1. Like Madine. Bums on seats.
Why the negativity about the new owners - give them a fecking chance FFS they've only been here 2 minutes, they've inherited a complete bag of shite, and for the record it was the previous wasters who signed Madine not KA & DH

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat May 07, 2016 4:52 pm

Whilst not totally delighted that we're thinking of parting with one of our few prospects, I accept it has to be a reality. I just hope we don't dive at the first offer that comes along. It almost seems like Gary Cahill all over again, but worth keeping in mind we just got relegated because we didn't have the wherewithall to stay up due mainly to the quality of our over-paid, underperforming wage-drawers and a succesion of somewhat less than Maurinho class managers . Today sounded like another example of us being penned in and having no support up front. We never seeme to learn. Kev Davis won everything fired at him, but what's the point if there's nobody to take advantage? Heskey and Wollery sounded much in the same boat. Zac Clough, Danns and Davies always seem to start attacking from our penalty box. I get so sick of hearing we defended well when we lose every game. Let's try attacking well for a bit and have a manager who inspires some hunger in the players.....please..

TonyDomingos
Passionate
Passionate

Post by TonyDomingos » Sat May 07, 2016 5:05 pm

In other news, we will be allowed to drink outside the Eight Bells at 5:30pm.
Às armas, às armas!
Sobre a terra, sobre o mar,
Às armas, às armas!
Pela Pátria lutar!
Contra os canhões marchar, marchar!